CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 20, 2016, 12:00:23 AM

Title: 1/20/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on January 20, 2016, 12:00:23 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 02:34:00 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 02:41:08 AM
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 20, the 20th day of 2016. There are 346 days left in the year.

Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 02:48:23 AM
Ole Blue
-------------------------

A young Southern boy goes off to college, but about 1/3 of the way
through the semester, he has foolishly squandered away all of the money his
parents gave him.

Then he gets an idea. He calls his daddy. "Dad," he says, "you won't
believe the wonders that modern education are coming up with! Why,
they actually have a program here at college that will teach our dog Ole
Blue how to talk!"

"That's absolutely amazing," his father says. "How do I get him in
that program?"

"Just send him down here with $1,000" the boy says. "I'll get him
into the course." So, his father sends the dog and the $1,000.

About 2/3 way through the semester, the money runs out. The boy calls
his father again. "So how's Ole Blue doing, son," his father asks.

"Awesome, Dad, he's talking up a storm," he says, "but you just won't believe
this they've had such good results with this program that they've
implemented a new one to teach the animals how to READ!"

"READ," says his father, "No kidding! What do I have to do to get him
in that program? "

Just send $2,500, I'll get him in the class." His father sends the
money.

The boy now has a problem. At the end of the year, his father will
find out that the dog can neither talk, nor read. So he shoots the dog.

When he gets home at the end of the semester, his father is all
excited. "Where's Ole Blue? I just can't wait to see him talk and read
something!"

"Dad," the boy says, "I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just
before we left to drive home, Ole Blue was in the living room kicking back
in the recliner, reading the morning paper, like he usually does. Then he
turned to me and asked, ' So, is your daddy still messin' around with that
little redhead who lives on Oak Street ?'

The father says, "I hope you SHOT that son of a bitch before he talks
to your Mother!"

"I sure did, Dad!"

"That's my boy!"

Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 03:47:14 AM
Morning, Chip.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 04:30:05 AM
Morning, Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:17:11 AM
Morning Golf and LSU, Happy Hump Day
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 05:29:01 AM
Morning Golf and LSU, Happy Hump Day
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:29:30 AM
@ Chip:  Do you still smoke some MB 3's?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 05:29:43 AM
Is it time to go home yet!!!   2pm can't get here quick enough today.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:32:07 AM
Is it time to go home yet!!!   2pm can't get here quick enough today.
Almost but not quite there yet.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:52:27 AM
Time to get ready for work.  BBL
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 05:58:30 AM
Is it time to go home yet!!!   2pm can't get here quick enough today.
Amen to that. Morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:32:50 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:36:45 AM
While I'm backing the Trump / Palin ticket for sure, gotta give it to Willie for doing all he can for the warden!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 20, 2016, 06:38:10 AM
good morning Chip and 3 Daves. 27° and frosty here.
house blend corona from the Ybor City visit and coffee here. brrrrrrrrr.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:38:51 AM
Speaking of warden support, you going to get some more fence up today Tex?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:41:36 AM
good morning Chip and 3 Daves. 27° and frosty here.
house blend corona from the Ybor City visit and coffee here. brrrrrrrrr.
A balmy 20 here now, supposed to break freezing today.  As long as the wind has died down, I'm good.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 06:42:41 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 06:47:42 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dave.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LSUFAN on January 20, 2016, 06:48:23 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Good morning Dean and Scott.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 06:49:03 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
No.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:49:42 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:58:37 AM
Morning Fishy.  Bit warmer for you today and no wind, so you shouldn't have any problem on your bike this morning.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:59:40 AM
Wish this storm were a day earlier....just not right that it comes in on a Friday night into Saturday.  Should at least be Thursday and give us Friday off...
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:01:44 AM
Morning Fishy.  Bit warmer for you today and no wind, so you shouldn't have any problem on your bike this morning.
Morning Dave, not bad indeed, rode the bike this morning
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:02:20 AM
Wish this storm were a day earlier....just not right that it comes in on a Friday night into Saturday.  Should at least be Thursday and give us Friday off...
Storm-schmorm!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 20, 2016, 07:04:01 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
not me.

morning Scott.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:04:16 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:05:03 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
no me.

morning Scott.
Morning Dean, I can feel the smile on your face with the impending winter storm...bastidge!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on January 20, 2016, 07:11:30 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
no me.

morning Scott.
Morning Dean, I can feel the smile on your face with the impending winter storm...bastidge!
the smile you feel is because it'll be in the 60's by the time I tee off this afternoon. I feel bad for all you guys stuck in the snow.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 07:11:39 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
no me.

morning Scott.
Morning Dean, I can feel the smile on your face with the impending winter storm...bastidge!
Not his storm though....this one is coastal and won't affect his neck of the woods.  They have been getting some solid lake effect snow for the past couple of weeks that he has been gloating over.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:12:10 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:23:42 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
Ahhh, here's the beauty:
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 07:29:38 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
Ahhh, here's the beauty:
Think that's one of their B&M exclusives....what does it go for, $15 or so?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 07:35:39 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
Ahhh, here's the beauty:
Think that's one of their B&M exclusives....what does it go for, $15 or so?
I think he said $12? I asked him what he was thinking and gave him a Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Maduro to cleanse his pallate, slapped him lightly on his cheek and told him to get his shit together
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:42:34 AM
Speaking of warden support, you going to get some more fence up today Tex?
Plan to finish that up this weekend, not enough time in the afternoons to make it worth screwing with.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:45:22 AM
[...]

Sounds like he was thinking Padron and bought a Gurkha.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:46:27 AM
Morning and Happy Humper Travellin Dave, Fish & Dean
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:48:50 AM
Look for about a -300 point fall in the DOW at opening this morning.  Today it is down because oil is down.......  maybe we should just bet on the next line of illogical reasoning!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 08:00:35 AM
Look for about a -300 point fall in the DOW at opening this morning.  Today it is down because oil is down.......  maybe we should just bet on the next line of illogical reasoning!
But yesterday it was up because oil was down.... :-\
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 08:01:19 AM
[...]

Nice guys, but you have your hands full keeping that crew on the path!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:03:15 AM
[...]

There is a learning curve and for some it is short and others it is very long then there are a few that never learn.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 08:05:47 AM
[...]

Very true, look at LTG!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:06:21 AM
[...]

Buesos?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: sfish on January 20, 2016, 08:27:01 AM
[...]

...and those are just one example we know about
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:28:06 AM
[...]

But there is those highly coveted collectable wooden ashtrays they come with.....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 08:31:36 AM
[...]

Worth their weight in gold!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:35:12 AM
I need some decaf time for a stroll down to LaVazza and see what the fruits and nuts are doing.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 08:38:42 AM
Morning boys. Don't be knockin' LTG's and my Bueso's.   8)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 08:52:49 AM
Morning Mr. AbsenteeCrownMoldingBean.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 20, 2016, 08:53:02 AM
Happy Hump Day fellas!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 08:53:43 AM
Think we'll have a Scorcher day?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 08:53:44 AM
Good morning Scott, Mark, Dave(s),Dean and any I inadvertently missed.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 08:58:32 AM
Happy Hump Day fellas!
Good morning Shaun.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:58:48 AM
Think we'll have a Scorcher day?
Hope so don't think so.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 08:59:32 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:59:46 AM
Morning CG, SS and BuesoBean
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 08:59:48 AM
Morning boys. Don't be knockin' LTG's and my Bueso's.   8)
They can all just stop bitching about them and send them to my door. ;)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
Think we'll have a Scorcher day?
Oof.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 09:00:36 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I'd like to see the numbers behind that claim.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:00:46 AM
Morning YellowStar and Sam.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 20, 2016, 09:00:53 AM
Happy Hump Day fellas!
Good morning Shaun.
Good morning Sam and Daves!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:01:03 AM
scorchin Gurkha deals.  seems like some one is following this discussion and has a warped sense of humor....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:01:48 AM
GURKHA DAY! :( :( :(
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:02:11 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I'd like to see the numbers behind that claim.
+1  if it seems to be too good to be true.....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:02:36 AM
Morning YellowStar and Sam.
hey Dave.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:03:06 AM
Budgets and retirement humidors are safe for another day....sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:03:32 AM
Morning boys. Don't be knockin' LTG's and my Bueso's.   8)
They can all just stop bitching about them and send them to my door. ;)
If I had any I would gladly  do so but I don't have any and don't plan to have any.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:04:37 AM
scorchin Gurkha deals.  seems like some one is following this discussion and has a warped sense of humor....
Even the text....

"Like Yogi said: Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. Same is true of Gurkha, AKA whipping boy of the cigar biz. But they fly out of here like sinners in a cyclone, so somebody must be buying them! "
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:07:55 AM
scorchin Gurkha deals.  seems like some one is following this discussion and has a warped sense of humor....
Even the text....

"Like Yogi said: Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded. Same is true of Gurkha, AKA whipping boy of the cigar biz. But they fly out of here like sinners in a cyclone, so somebody must be buying them! "
Most likely Obama Voters
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:09:30 AM
Budgets and retirement humidors are safe for another day....sheesh.
Looks that way, started loading Tub2 yesterday and only about 25% full but with what is on the way that could reach 1/3 so plenty of room for deals if they strike again.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 09:17:55 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I have a childish dome but cannot come up with a single inappropriate joke regarding that name.  Urban dictionary was some help, but not worthy of knuckledraggin' effort.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 09:20:12 AM
Think we'll have a Scorcher day?
Oof.
Indeed.  Gonna be a slow deal day.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:28:41 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I have a childish dome but cannot come up with a single inappropriate joke regarding that name.  Urban dictionary was some help, but not worthy of knuckledraggin' effort.
Not even Jump the Dark Shark?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 09:29:25 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I have a childish dome but cannot come up with a single inappropriate joke regarding that name.  Urban dictionary was some help, but not worthy of knuckledraggin' effort.
When in doubt, go with TWSS.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 09:32:42 AM
G'Morning, Fellas. Looks like some wintery weather may finally make an appearance this afternoon... folks already talking about leaving early and they don't even work in the IT department. =)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:38:00 AM
G'Morning, Fellas. Looks like some wintery weather may finally make an appearance this afternoon... folks already talking about leaving early and they don't even work in the IT department. =)
Morning BS, IT guys are smarter than that they just don't bother to come in if there is a chance of rain, sleet, snow, thunder or lightning.  Just cloudy here today and neither of them showed up.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 09:41:20 AM
Mornin', folks.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 09:41:49 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 09:42:29 AM
More than 60 yesterday and about 60 more people projected to get laid off here today. Keep your fingers crossed.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:42:45 AM
Mornin', folks.
Mornin Tony.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:43:26 AM
More than 60 yesterday and about 60 more people projected to get laid off here today. Keep your fingers crossed.
Yikes!  Fingers and toes crossed for you sir!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 09:43:31 AM
Mornin', folks.

Morning, Uncle T

You dig yourself outta the basement yet?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:43:39 AM
More than 60 yesterday and about 60 more people projected to get laid off here today. Keep your fingers crossed.
Morning Tony, best of luck to you!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 09:44:57 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:45:46 AM
DOW  -240
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:45:54 AM
scorchin Gurkha deals.  seems like some one is following this discussion and has a warped sense of humor....
Warped AND cruel.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 09:47:08 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:48:11 AM
G'Morning, Fellas. Looks like some wintery weather may finally make an appearance this afternoon... folks already talking about leaving early and they don't even work in the IT department. =)
Heck, I would leave early from here to avoid Atlanta traffic.....I remember past years...half an inch and a total clusterfuk.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 09:48:12 AM
More than 60 yesterday and about 60 more people projected to get laid off here today. Keep your fingers crossed.
Yeesh. Here's hopin' for ya, bud.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:49:39 AM
Mornin', folks.

Morning, Uncle T

You dig yourself outta the basement yet?
Basement is far better than the hole he's stuck in now.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:50:29 AM
Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:50:54 AM
More than 60 yesterday and about 60 more people projected to get laid off here today. Keep your fingers crossed.
Yeesh. Here's hopin' for ya, bud.
+1
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 09:55:00 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I'd like to see the numbers behind that claim.
Doesn't even appear on CI's own best seller pages, while classics like C'est La Vie, Free Cuba and Dominican Cream do....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 10:07:46 AM
Mornin', folks.

Morning, Uncle T

You dig yourself outta the basement yet?
Still got work to do in that regard. Howdy, Steve.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 10:08:54 AM
Mornin', folks.

Morning, Uncle T

You dig yourself outta the basement yet?
Basement is far better than the hole he's stuck in now.
Very true.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 10:08:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 10:11:37 AM
G'Morning, Fellas. Looks like some wintery weather may finally make an appearance this afternoon... folks already talking about leaving early and they don't even work in the IT department. =)
Heck, I would leave early from here to avoid Atlanta traffic.....I remember past years...half an inch and a total clusterfuk.

While that may be true, the DOT never invested in winter weather equipment or procedures. I think at one time, the entire state owned only a dozen plows, most of which were for N.Ga, not the Atl area. Now, after the Walking Dead scenario, they are finally buying more trucks and "pre-treating" areas with a saline type mixture.

And just remember, Atlanta is, and has been work relocation area for many folks. Some of the worst drivers out there are the carpet baggers that think they know what they are doing.  :P
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 10:13:40 AM
scorchin Gurkha deals.  seems like some one is following this discussion and has a warped sense of humor....
Warped AND cruel.
+1
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 10:14:02 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
Hey Steve,  same back atcha!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 10:14:19 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
no, this is a 125th something, but the cigars that have some 15 year old tobacco are the Cellar Reserve.  I am a happy dude, just got me vintage shaggy's and Legend toro's over at the page for $2 a stick in mazo's of 10 free shipping.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 10:17:31 AM
... and if you can't get your Gurkhas on the aforementioned sites, the Bid has an email for 70% Off WarPigs... Cue up the Black Sabbath!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 10:18:36 AM
Just looking at the CI alphabet....didn't bother changing over the A offering, then there is this gem for E...

When you hear Dark Shark, I’m sure a slew of inappropriate jokes enter your childish dome. But I think of something much different. Dark Shark is a perennial monster on our top-seller charts, easily outselling those fancy national brands by 10 to 1.
I'd like to see the numbers behind that claim.
it's by numbers of cigars sold.  somebody is buying a shitload of 69 cent cigars.  I am not saying they are getting a quality cigar... but they are getting something that they can light, and it it made mostly of tobacco.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 10:18:57 AM
Mornin', folks.

Morning, Uncle T

You dig yourself outta the basement yet?
Basement is far better than the hole he's stuck in now.

Not nice to talk about Uncle Tony's warden like that...  ;D
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 10:19:57 AM
 8
GURKHA DAY! :( :( :(
   :o   8)   :D
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 10:23:35 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
I concur, some places still have the original legends.  the made the mistake (thank you Jesus!) of putting a 2001 label on the new inferior blend.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 20, 2016, 10:23:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret. Ya'll are sending the sh!t weather our way this week... Thanks a lot.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:25:47 AM
Morning Razmundos.338
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 10:26:09 AM
Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret. Ya'll are sending the sh!t weather our way this week. Thanks a lot.
Least I could do.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 10:26:34 AM
Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:27:13 AM
LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 10:27:59 AM
Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:28:15 AM
Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).
Or for $100 you can shop around and buy a box of really good cigars, a 200 count tub and still get some change back for lunch money.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:29:00 AM
Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.
Going to pick mine up after lunch.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 10:30:31 AM
Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).
They call it a challenge coin because it's a challenge to convince anyone that's what you were playing with when your hand was in your pocket.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:31:38 AM
Oil and the Dow are sinking like rocks.

DOW  -347
Oil      $27.27
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 10:32:30 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
no, this is a 125th something, but the cigars that have some 15 year old tobacco are the Cellar Reserve.  I am a happy dude, just got me vintage shaggy's and Legend toro's over at the page for $2 a stick in mazo's of 10 free shipping.
Grapplin' those mazo's.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 10:32:46 AM
Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.
Going to pick mine up after lunch.
Kinda, anxious to hear something on the hunting rifle, because budget for that affects budget for a sight for the AR.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 10:33:14 AM
LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?
In Texas, probably 1:2.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:39:11 AM
LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?
In Texas, probably 1:2.  ;)
It might seem that way but I don't ever remember hearing of another lab named Magnum and only remember 1 named ammo before.  Besides, Austin is NOT Texas.

Lot of Labs named Camo though.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:42:08 AM
This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 10:45:30 AM
Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
no, this is a 125th something, but the cigars that have some 15 year old tobacco are the Cellar Reserve.  I am a happy dude, just got me vintage shaggy's and Legend toro's over at the page for $2 a stick in mazo's of 10 free shipping.
We like it when Flip's happy.   (It's been a while... ::))
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 10:52:22 AM
This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.
"curb operating costs and extract synergies".  Fancy way of saying lay off a bunch of people.  F'n corporate greed! (©KC)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 10:55:21 AM
This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.
"curb operating costs and extract synergies".  Fancy way of saying lay off a bunch of people.  F'n corporate greed! (©KC)
Except it would be "little people" and give the CEO a giant bonus for thinking up the idea.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 10:56:32 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
I concur, some places still have the original legends.  the made the mistake (thank you Jesus!) of putting a 2001 label on the new inferior blend.
Didn't know that!  So by the pictures and descriptions shown, the Legends not noted as 2001 are old blend?  makes them attractive if that's the case.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 10:57:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hey raz.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 11:07:58 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:08:17 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hey raz.
Sam!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:09:11 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:10:01 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQppUxTpdzU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQppUxTpdzU)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:11:29 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Well, the Weather Channel has given it a name now so there is no hope for life to continue unless you get the hell out of there NOW!!  Run For Your Life!!!!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:11:40 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:12:02 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.
(http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/10519/dairy-queen.png)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:12:08 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
You never been to Dairy Queen?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:13:10 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:13:29 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Well, the Weather Channel has given it a name now so there is no hope for life to continue unless you get the hell out of there NOW!!  Run For Your Life!!!!
on the other hand, Holts is having a mega chunky sale in case you'd rather stay home and smoke cigars.
'Hog Heaven III' Monster Deal
20 cigars only $44.95 (77% savings!)
Only $2.24 per cigar!
Entire Order Ships Free!

Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:14:11 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
You never been to Dairy Queen?
now known as DQ Grill & Chill!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:15:23 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
You never been to Dairy Queen?
Not since I left Texas. That was THE place to go, though...when I was eleven.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:15:26 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
not sure what that actually means, should I be taking exception to that?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:17:18 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
not sure what that actually means, should I be taking exception to that?
::)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:17:19 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Well, the Weather Channel has given it a name now so there is no hope for life to continue unless you get the hell out of there NOW!!  Run For Your Life!!!!
on the other hand, Holts is having a mega chunky sale in case you'd rather stay home and smoke cigars.
Isn't that what you're supposed to do in a blizzard?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:18:05 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
not sure what that actually means, should I be taking exception to that?
::)
I would say you should be hoping for it........ most of us sure would be.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:18:37 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
I'll resist the urge to joke about snowballs here.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 11:26:07 AM
Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.
I can't guarantee, but all the blends i haven't liked had the 2001 label.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
I concur, some places still have the original legends.  the made the mistake (thank you Jesus!) of putting a 2001 label on the new inferior blend.
Didn't know that!  So by the pictures and descriptions shown, the Legends not noted as 2001 are old blend?  makes them attractive if that's the case.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 11:26:28 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
You never been to Dairy Queen?
It's that silly Texan comedy team at it again.... ::)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Well, the Weather Channel has given it a name now so there is no hope for life to continue unless you get the hell out of there NOW!!  Run For Your Life!!!!
on the other hand, Holts is having a mega chunky sale in case you'd rather stay home and smoke cigars.
Isn't that what you're supposed to do in a blizzard?
It's what I usually do.  occasionally knock the snow down around the door so we can get in and out of the house.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:30:13 AM
How scary is this?

10% OF COLLEGE GRADS THINK JUDGE JUDY IS ON THE SUPREME COURT

Judith Sheindlin, a television entertainer and former family court judge, is believed to be a member of the Supreme Court of the United States of America by ten percent of college graduates.

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni in August 2015 but released in January 2016, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage.”
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:30:36 AM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.
Timing has to be pretty good to get a blowjob and a snowstorm both at the same time.
I'll resist the urge to joke about snowballs here.
Why?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:32:01 AM
How scary is this?

10% OF COLLEGE GRADS THINK JUDGE JUDY IS ON THE SUPREME COURT

Judith Sheindlin, a television entertainer and former family court judge, is believed to be a member of the Supreme Court of the United States of America by ten percent of college graduates.

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni in August 2015 but released in January 2016, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage.”
Very scary!  Ask one of them to point out Hungary or Mongolia on a map.  the result will scare you also.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:36:11 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:37:29 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:38:04 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:39:28 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
:(
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 11:42:24 AM
Be prepared
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:44:28 AM
Be prepared
Everything you need right here
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
:(
no, this is clever:
 "Spain slipped on Greece, got Hungary and ate Turkey - Can you spell that in 4 letters?"
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:47:37 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
:(
no, this is clever:
 "Spain slipped on Greece, got Hungary and ate Turkey - Can you spell that in 4 letters?"
TWSS?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:48:05 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
:(
no, this is clever:
 "Spain slipped on Greece, got Hungary and ate Turkey - Can you spell that in 4 letters?"
that
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:48:08 AM
Mid-Day Markets

DOW   -413
S & P   -50
Crude Oil  $26.98
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 11:48:20 AM
Be prepared
Or better yet...
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 11:50:42 AM
Be prepared
Everything you need right here
Yup, we think alike.
But you know, with all the good sippin' whiskeys out there, I can't remember the last time I've even had the Jack firewater.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:53:29 AM
Be prepared
Everything you need right here
Yup, we think alike.
But you know, with all the good sippin' whiskeys out there, I can't remember the last time I've even had the Jack firewater.
Was a go to for me many many years ago but have not had a shot of Jack in a long long time.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 11:54:44 AM
How scary is this?

10% OF COLLEGE GRADS THINK JUDGE JUDY IS ON THE SUPREME COURT

Judith Sheindlin, a television entertainer and former family court judge, is believed to be a member of the Supreme Court of the United States of America by ten percent of college graduates.

The poll, conducted by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni in August 2015 but released in January 2016, concluded from the 1,000 surveyed that college graduates “are alarmingly ignorant of America’s history and heritage.”
Not scary. The press has been running these kinds of stories for centuries, and the country hasn't completely fallen apart yet.

What's the percentage of guys here who can name all the justices that ARE on the court?

Lessee...there's Anthony Kennedy, Ruth Ginsburg, John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, David Souter, that Italian guy, a hispanic woman named Elena something, and...that's what I got, offhand.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:54:48 AM
Be prepared
Everything you need right here
Yup, we think alike.
But you know, with all the good sippin' whiskeys out there, I can't remember the last time I've even had the Jack firewater.
Was a go to for me many many years ago but have not had a shot of Jack in a long long time.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 11:55:28 AM
I am getting hungry and still an hour till lunch time.
Gonna get some Mongolian Grill?
Get it?  Hungary.  Mongolia.  Isn't that clever?
:(
no, this is clever:
 "Spain slipped on Greece, got Hungary and ate Turkey - Can you spell that in 4 letters?"
that
DING, DING, DING!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 11:57:57 AM
[...]

I'll try.  Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and the commies.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:58:27 AM
[...]

that pretty much covers it.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 11:58:54 AM
[...]

Correct Mr. Bean, give that man a donut!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: ss2 on January 20, 2016, 11:59:13 AM
headed to the dentist and home from there.  y'all have a good afternoon!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 12:01:09 PM
headed to the dentist and home from there.  y'all have a good afternoon!
I've got my appointment for tomorrow at 6:15 pm.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 12:01:18 PM
[...]

Mmmmm....dooooooonnnnnnuts.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 12:02:24 PM
headed to the dentist and home from there.  y'all have a good afternoon!
Later SS
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on January 20, 2016, 12:06:42 PM
I'm working from the house today, yesterday was so brutal, it knocked me out.
so i think I've done enough. can't smoke at home, inside the house, so I am thinking
go sit on the leather recliner couch, and watch the HD TV in the basement.  If I turn on the
electric fireplace, and pour myself some cognac, everything should be OK.
Does that sound like a plan, Oh yeah and a blue-ray of Jurassic World with 7.1 sound....
Time to clock out....  tomorrow boys...
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 12:16:46 PM
I'm working from the house today, yesterday was so brutal, it knocked me out.
so i think I've done enough. can't smoke at home, inside the house, so I am thinking
go sit on the leather recliner couch, and watch the HD TV in the basement.  If I turn on the
electric fireplace, and pour myself some cognac, everything should be OK.
Does that sound like a plan, Oh yeah and a blue-ray of Jurassic World with 7.1 sound....
Time to clock out....  tomorrow boys...
Sounds like a fine plan to me, Enjoy!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 12:22:41 PM
MARKET SNAPSHOT: Oil rout fuels another stock-market selloff

DOW    -501
S&P     - 61
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 12:27:15 PM
I'm working from the house today, yesterday was so brutal, it knocked me out.
so i think I've done enough. can't smoke at home, inside the house, so I am thinking
go sit on the leather recliner couch, and watch the HD TV in the basement.  If I turn on the
electric fireplace, and pour myself some cognac, everything should be OK.
Does that sound like a plan, Oh yeah and a blue-ray of Jurassic World with 7.1 sound....
Time to clock out....  tomorrow boys...
You definitely got all the right pieces in place, enjoy.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 12:46:37 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 01:00:05 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line moved to the bathroom.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 01:00:13 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:04:12 PM
Got a Gurkha Sale going on at Field Supply also.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 01:10:27 PM
[...]

What about Roberts?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 01:11:25 PM
headed to the dentist and home from there.  y'all have a good afternoon!
So I guess there's no cigar for the ride today.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 01:13:07 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 01:15:02 PM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.
(http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/10519/dairy-queen.png)
Mmmmmm!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:17:23 PM
[...]

That would be the mother fooker that voted with the other commies to uphold Obummer Care.  Turncoat commie bastard.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:19:01 PM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.
(http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/10519/dairy-queen.png)
Mmmmmm!
So when is Jonas supposed to hit?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 01:23:12 PM
Is Jonas the guy who is supposed to shadow me for the next 4 months?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 01:24:39 PM
[...]

He's half-commie.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:26:11 PM
[...]

No, he is all the way now!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:26:44 PM
Is Jonas the guy who is supposed to shadow me for the next 4 months?
Be pretty easy to stay in your shadow!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 01:28:00 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:31:13 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 01:39:43 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:42:03 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
;D
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 01:45:50 PM
The best Weather APP I have found and used for many  years is Intellicast and they are shutting the APP down Jan 31st.  Being replaced by Storm which is good but not near as simple and straight forward to use as Intellicast.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 01:59:13 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
I thought it was the warden's subcontracting that caused the delays....
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 01:59:57 PM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.
(http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/10519/dairy-queen.png)
Mmmmmm!
So when is Jonas supposed to hit?
For the northeast.....Friday afternoon/evening through Saturday.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 02:00:04 PM
The best Weather APP I have found and used for many  years is Intellicast and they are shutting the APP down Jan 31st.  Being replaced by Storm which is good but not near as simple and straight forward to use as Intellicast.
Try sticking your head out the window. Works pretty good and 100% more accurate.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 02:01:57 PM
The best Weather APP I have found and used for many  years is Intellicast and they are shutting the APP down Jan 31st.  Being replaced by Storm which is good but not near as simple and straight forward to use as Intellicast.
Try sticking your head out the window. Works pretty good and 100% more accurate.
True but I have to get out of the bed to do that and with the APP I don't have to get out of the bed in the morning to see what it is outside. ;)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 02:02:54 PM
Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.
(http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/10519/dairy-queen.png)
Mmmmmm!
So when is Jonas supposed to hit?
For the northeast.....Friday afternoon/evening through Saturday.
Sheesh, they cant predict today's weather how the hell do they know it is going to cripple you up there on Friday Night and Saturday?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 02:03:23 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
I thought it was the warden's subcontracting that caused the delays....
Pretty sure crown molding had something to do with it. ;)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 02:03:36 PM
That DQ Blizzard (A.K.A. Texas Stop Sign) is sure starting to look good.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 02:09:08 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
I thought it was the warden's subcontracting that caused the delays....
Pretty sure crown molding had something to do with it. ;)
Certainly was not a lack of qualified supervision!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 02:16:32 PM
The sort of dumbasses I have to work with, two of them going to lunch on the elevator with me and said they were going to Chipolte, I said No Thanks!  They said it is nice there now without the long line to wait......
The line forms an hour later at the toilet.
Speaking of toilets, how's that bathroom coming?
Two more weeks....
Sheesh you been working on it for 6 months how long does it take to overhaul a toilet room?  Tony could have done it by now.
Sounds like you've been conferring with the warden.  GFY.
I thought it was the warden's subcontracting that caused the delays....
Yes, but the scales of progress (or lack thereof) have shifted squarely in my direction of late. Now I get to remove an in-wall medicine cabinet from the upstairs bathroom, patch that hole, and cut it into the wall in the master bath so it matches the cabinet we're keeping there.  And of course the aforementioned crown molding awaits.  Then I'm done.  I think.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 02:18:27 PM
I have had enough fun today, think I will say fook it and go to the house.  Hope it warms up a bit for a cigar.  BBL
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 02:21:59 PM
I have had enough fun today, think I will say fook it and go to the house.  Hope it warms up a bit for a cigar.  BBL
Same here, though, I will NOT be enjoying a cigar later, or anytime in the damn near future. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 20, 2016, 02:22:15 PM
[...]
Don't worry, something else will come up.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 02:26:20 PM
[...]
It always does.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 02:44:22 PM
[...]
TWSS !
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 20, 2016, 03:21:04 PM
Its cold out!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 03:25:45 PM
Its cold out!
How come the man tits don't shrink?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 03:40:25 PM
Its cold out!
How come the man tits don't shrink?
Nice going, Tony.  Now say "Beetlejuice" three times.  And "Voldemort" while you're at it.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 04:20:24 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 04:26:32 PM
Dow recovered some late  closing at -249
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 04:29:40 PM
I was spared for another day. More meetings and layoffs tomorrow. 200 IT folks in all.

My team was specifically told to be in the office tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 04:32:43 PM
I was spared for another day. More meetings and layoffs tomorrow. 200 IT folks in all.

My team was specifically told to be in the office tomorrow.
Holy crap that is a lot of folks, we will keep our fingers crossed for you.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 04:55:28 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 04:56:50 PM
I was spared for another day. More meetings and layoffs tomorrow. 200 IT folks in all.

My team was specifically told to be in the office tomorrow.
Holy crap that is a lot of folks, we will keep our fingers crossed for you.
Getting humped on Hump Day.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 05:06:37 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Threebean on January 20, 2016, 05:07:22 PM
I was spared for another day. More meetings and layoffs tomorrow. 200 IT folks in all.

My team was specifically told to be in the office tomorrow.
Holy crap that is a lot of folks, we will keep our fingers crossed for you.
Getting humped on Hump Day.
Indeed.  Spreading it out over multiple days is all class, too.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 05:08:45 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:12:19 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
He got one of them evil assault rifles, cause he's an angry person clinging to his guns and his religion.

Well, his guns anyway.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:13:06 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:26:55 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
Guy at the FFL said I was the third person today to pick up one of those Rugers from SportsMans Guide.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:31:02 PM
I was spared for another day. More meetings and layoffs tomorrow. 200 IT folks in all.

My team was specifically told to be in the office tomorrow.
Holy crap that is a lot of folks, we will keep our fingers crossed for you.
Getting humped on Hump Day.
Indeed.  Spreading it out over multiple days is all class, too.
Oh yeah that is real text book management  for sure.  Idiots!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 05:31:05 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:32:37 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
Ruger AR 556
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:34:48 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
He got one of them evil assault rifles, cause he's an angry person clinging to his guns and his religion.

Well, his guns anyway.
Had to look twice thought that was Golf spewing
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:36:00 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 05:37:53 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:38:57 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
He got one of them evil assault rifles, cause he's an angry person clinging to his guns and his religion.

Well, his guns anyway.
Had to look twice thought that was Golf spewing
You couldn't detect the sarcasm?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:45:05 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:45:32 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
What'd you get again?
He got one of them evil assault rifles, cause he's an angry person clinging to his guns and his religion.

Well, his guns anyway.
Had to look twice thought that was Golf spewing
You couldn't detect the sarcasm?
  ;)
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:46:07 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:47:41 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Ask any Democrat
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 05:50:05 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Ask any Democrat
Not any Democrat. There are some Democratic gun nuts.  I happen to know two of them personally.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 05:58:29 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 05:59:40 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Correct, that is not enough he needs 650 HP now
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 06:00:52 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Or that ultimate tool of subjugation and repression, the penis.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 06:02:58 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Or that ultimate tool of subjugation and repression, the penis.
2-4-6-8, let's all subjugate!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:03:04 PM
Dow recovered some late  closing at -249
ONLY lost 250.....a better day......sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:09:10 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Or any extra money or savings....ask Bernie.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:10:11 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Or that ultimate tool of subjugation and repression, the penis.
Soon to be banned as well.... :-\
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:11:12 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 06:11:17 PM
Afternoon frozen smokers.  Home with my new bullet thrower.
Back from a quick run to Cabela's for ammo. Just a few boxes to tide me over until the bulk ammo arrives..
You getting the ammo by the pallet?
When I can afford a pallet, bet on it.
Or the new handy reusable container you can bury as part of your bunker complex.
What bunker complex would that be, nosy?
Sorry, didn't mean to let the info out.  By some proposed reckonings I'd have an arsenal with my three bricks of .22's.
Just remember, a modern man has no use for a gun. The New York Times said so.
Lot more guns than newspapers being sold these days
Modern man has no use for a 500 HP car.
Or that ultimate tool of subjugation and repression, the penis.
Soon to be banned as well.... :-\
I thought it already had been banned.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 06:11:53 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:34:33 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 06:35:26 PM
Upstate got some flurries this afternoon.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 06:47:17 PM
Upstate got some flurries this afternoon.
Boy said it was 25 degrees when he went to work this morning in Pawleys Island.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:04:35 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
I am a little low on cigars  ;) but good on beer and whiskey.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 07:07:20 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
I am a little low on cigars  ;) but good on beer and whiskey.
...and ammo.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:14:27 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
I am a little low on cigars  ;) but good on beer and whiskey.
...and ammo.
One can never have enough ammo!  But in reality I don't hoard ammo because it gets old.  I generally just keep what I might use in a year or less.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: razgueado on January 20, 2016, 07:21:59 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
I am a little low on cigars  ;) but good on beer and whiskey.
...and ammo.
One can never have enough ammo!  But in reality I don't hoard ammo because it gets old.  I generally just keep what I might use in a year or less.
About enough to fuel a Latin-American insurrection?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:28:39 PM
Finally getting to sit down with a nice Perdomo ESV.
You been working or prepping for the storm?
Little bit of both.  Got gas in the car and for the blower, checked on parents, some more stuff to take in from outside.  Luckily always prepared with cigars, beer and whiskey.
I am a little low on cigars  ;) but good on beer and whiskey.
...and ammo.
One can never have enough ammo!  But in reality I don't hoard ammo because it gets old.  I generally just keep what I might use in a year or less.
About enough to fuel a Latin-American insurrection?
I really don't keep that much around other than extra .22 LR because it is still so hard to get.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 07:31:05 PM
Eighteen!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 07:50:31 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 08:08:41 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:12:27 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:24:59 PM

Attorneys: 'Affluenza' teen to return to Texas within weeks

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A teenager who used an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving wreck will return to Texas from Mexico within weeks, and his case will likely be transferred from the juvenile to the adult system, his attorneys said in a statement Wednesday.

Ethan Couch has been challenging his deportation, but paperwork was filed to "terminate the ongoing immigration proceedings," attorneys Scott Brown and Reagan Wynn said in the statement.

Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 08:46:03 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 08:52:01 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?
Hush puppies go with fried fish, shrimp, etc.  French bread or cornbread with red beans and rice.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 08:55:21 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?
Hush puppies go with fried fish, shrimp, etc.  French bread or cornbread with red beans and rice.
Well, excuse me.  Cornbread be good too.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 20, 2016, 09:07:37 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?

Hush puppies go with fried fish, shrimp, etc.  French bread or cornbread with red beans and rice.
Well, excuse me.  Cornbread be good too.
They all be good
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 09:11:25 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?

Hush puppies go with fried fish, shrimp, etc.  French bread or cornbread with red beans and rice.
Well, excuse me.  Cornbread be good too.
They all be good
Indeed.  Manna from heaven.  Melted butter and honey, yum!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on January 20, 2016, 09:54:29 PM
That's OK Cheapy Cheapo Bean, leave us hanging here.  It's CCB's fault!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 10:10:03 PM
Eighteen!
Indeed sir!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 10:12:17 PM
Eighteen!
Evening Mayor
Howdy, Dave. Got home a few minutes ago and now have to figure out what we're having for dinner.

Traditional Louisiana dinner here tonight red beans and rice with smoked sausage.
No hush puppies?
Hush puppies go with fried fish, shrimp, etc.  French bread or cornbread with red beans and rice.
Well, excuse me.  Cornbread be good too.
See CB, you can learn as much here as you do on the Food Network!
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 20, 2016, 10:15:00 PM
Speaking of Louisiana cooking, are you familiar with a restaurant called Jacques Imo's in NOLA?
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: Oyam18 on January 20, 2016, 10:29:00 PM
18, made it
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 11:04:07 PM
Wound up fixing a shrimp scampi over linguini. It was gulped down pretty quickly so I think I done it right.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 11:05:40 PM
I followed up dinner with replacing the digitizer on my wife's old iphone 5. My old eyes can never do that again. Holy shit those screws are tiny.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 20, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
Long day ahead of me tomorrow so I think I'll turn in early. Good night.
Title: Re: 1/20/2016
Post by: SLY on January 20, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
[...]

Samuel Alito ain't no commie ... he refused to attend O'Bs State of the Union speech awhile back ... definitely Ginsburg, Kennedy, Sotomayor, Kagan & Whathisname... not Roberts ... no commie, but one of those educated dummies ... someone so smart they lacked the common sense to do what he should have done under the circumstances ... he was so disgusted with the libs legislating from the bench, that he went so far in the other direction to make the point that he would not do that ... didn't/couldn't see the forest for the trees,  There's a term for that, "scrupulosity", so concerned that there would be no appearance of favoring one side or the other, that he erred on the side of stupidity, screwing the American public in the process because of his scruples ... apparently other than that he's a really good guy ...