« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »

LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?
In Texas, probably 1:2.  ;)
It might seem that way but I don't ever remember hearing of another lab named Magnum and only remember 1 named ammo before.  Besides, Austin is NOT Texas.

Lot of Labs named Camo though.

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2016, 10:45:30 AM »

Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
no, this is a 125th something, but the cigars that have some 15 year old tobacco are the Cellar Reserve.  I am a happy dude, just got me vintage shaggy's and Legend toro's over at the page for $2 a stick in mazo's of 10 free shipping.
We like it when Flip's happy.   (It's been a while... ::))

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2016, 10:52:22 AM »

This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.
"curb operating costs and extract synergies".  Fancy way of saying lay off a bunch of people.  F'n corporate greed! (©KC)

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »

This is what less than $30 oil gets us, no executive level a-holes in that 10k either:

HOUSTON — The layoffs that Royal Dutch Shell and BG Group began last year will increase by a third to 10,000 employees and direct contractors in 2016, as the firms curb operating costs and try to extract synergies from their impending merger.
"curb operating costs and extract synergies".  Fancy way of saying lay off a bunch of people.  F'n corporate greed! (©KC)
Except it would be "little people" and give the CEO a giant bonus for thinking up the idea.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/20/2016
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »

Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
I concur, some places still have the original legends.  the made the mistake (thank you Jesus!) of putting a 2001 label on the new inferior blend.
Didn't know that!  So by the pictures and descriptions shown, the Legends not noted as 2001 are old blend?  makes them attractive if that's the case.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/20/2016
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2016, 11:08:17 AM »

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
Well, the Weather Channel has given it a name now so there is no hope for life to continue unless you get the hell out of there NOW!!  Run For Your Life!!!!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/20/2016
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2016, 11:11:40 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Come on over to my house then, looks like we have a front row seat for one.

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:02 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
Here ya go.

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »

Winter storm Jonas....

Blizzard conditions forecast for Baltimore.
I'd like to experience a blizzard. Obviously I never have.
You never been to Dairy Queen?