« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2016, 10:19:57 AM »

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »

Big-ass Gurkhas... yikes.
If I were forced to pick, i'd go for the Vintage Shaggy toros.  pretty much the best of the mess there imo.  legend used to be good, but they ran out of the original tobaccos and the replacements aren't like the original blend at all.

I am inclined to believe Flip would probably agree with those assessments.

Howdy, Sam. Happy Hump day
I concur, some places still have the original legends.  the made the mistake (thank you Jesus!) of putting a 2001 label on the new inferior blend.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/20/2016
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret. Ya'll are sending the sh!t weather our way this week... Thanks a lot.

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »

Morning Razmundos.338

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

Howdy, Bret. Ya'll are sending the sh!t weather our way this week. Thanks a lot.
Least I could do.

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2016, 10:26:34 AM »

Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:13 AM »

LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »

Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »

Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).
Or for $100 you can shop around and buy a box of really good cigars, a 200 count tub and still get some change back for lunch money.

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »

Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.
Going to pick mine up after lunch.

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »

Just in from the Sister:

Gurkha's on a mission to take over the cigar industry. They certainly have a big enough army, with seemingly hundreds of different blends to choose. Admittedly you have to select carefully as there is the occasional clunker, but we've burned through a platoon of the limited edition Gurkha Special Ops line, and our intel confirms these are the real deal. Consisting of choice Nicaraguan and Dominican leaf concealed in dark Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrappers, the Special Ops are smooth but deceptively intense. Join the war against MSRP with this 75% off operative, 10 Gurkha Special Ops for only $29.99.
$70 more gets you the big assed knife, leg sheath, a 40 count herfador and another 10 cigars...don't forget the "challenge coin".  ::).
They call it a challenge coin because it's a challenge to convince anyone that's what you were playing with when your hand was in your pocket.

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2016, 10:31:38 AM »

Oil and the Dow are sinking like rocks.

DOW  -347
Oil      $27.27

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

Good morning boys! Happy Hump Day

Anybody ever try a Fratello cigar?
Had construction and burn issues with most I've had.  Nothing stood out in flavor department for me.  Others say they've liked them however.
Others like Gurkhas too. Andy actually bought one in Hamburg, maybe a 15th something or other...smoked an inch and tossed it
A buddy of his bought some cigars over at X-mas, he said he liked it but didn't know what it was, saved the band. When I saw it I told him it was a Gurkha, so he fell into the trap and bought one in Hamburg, different series though, can't find it yet
no, this is a 125th something, but the cigars that have some 15 year old tobacco are the Cellar Reserve.  I am a happy dude, just got me vintage shaggy's and Legend toro's over at the page for $2 a stick in mazo's of 10 free shipping.
Grapplin' those mazo's.

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2016, 10:32:46 AM »

Morning Razmundos.338
Not remotely a done deal, still waiting to hear on it. We'll see.
Going to pick mine up after lunch.
Kinda, anxious to hear something on the hunting rifle, because budget for that affects budget for a sight for the AR.

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2016, 10:33:14 AM »

LOL, I have a black lab named Magnum and some people recently moved in behind me and they have a yellow lab named Ammo.  What are the odds of something like that happening?
In Texas, probably 1:2.  ;)