CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: 10/7/2014  (Read 30806 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/7/2014
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2014, 01:22:13 PM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Welll ok and a happy fucking Tuesday to you.
:)
I got my Fucking Tuesday avi up, what more do you want?
Good morning Dean! 
another day in paradise, how about you?
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
Maybe just get some tie-down straps, fuck it!
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
So you're going to do an inset, internal/invisible hinge?
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
I'm curious about the seal.  Does the hinge you select have an effect on it?
Yes - It can change the gap and make the seal different sizes
Rookies! Amiright Shaun? I mean Best Friend!
What is this, Amateur Hour! ;)
Well, YOU are here, aren't you?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Good morning Dean! 
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
Rookies! Amiright Shaun? I mean Best Friend!
What is this, Amateur Hour! ;)
Well, YOU are here, aren't you?
8)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »

Good morning Dean! 
What are you using to seal it?  Have you started seasoning?
No seasoning yet - all depends on how the hinge seals will depend on my seal.  I might not have to do anything, but I might use a thin weather stripping(still undecided since I am just finalizing my hinges)
Well hurry the fuck up, already!
Yea, it's not like you're building a website or something hard...
Exactly!

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

18 ACID Opulence 3 Robusto
          5/22.50
17 Man O' War Robusto
         10/34.99
16 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio Petite Robusto
          5/29.99
15 Torano Virtuoso Torpedo
         10/34.50
14 Nub Habano 358
           1/19.50
13 Sgt. Smiley's Lonely Cigar Club Band 10ct Sampler
          1/27.50
12 La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 Salamone
          5/29.50
11 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
10 Rocky Patel Signature Toro
         10/34.99
 9 Flor de La Antillas
          5/27.50
 8 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 7 Sam Leccia Luchador El Hombre
          5/27.50
 6 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton
          5/25.00
 5 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Limitada TENTH Belicoso
          5/29.50
 3 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
         10/39.99
 2 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No 58 Gordo
          5/22.50 1 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.50

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »

Glad you're able to cover the recaps today Chip.  I wouldn't be able to keep up.

sfish

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »

Glad you're able to cover the recaps today Chip.  I wouldn't be able to keep up.
Anyone remember what Sam paid for those CAOs the last jam? Mashing for cheaper

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2014, 02:05:40 PM »

some Moneys?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »

No.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »

No.
There he is!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:49 PM »

Ordered the hinges, hopefully they arrive by this weekend and I can start seasoning that biach!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »

Who, Mr. Cincinnati Effervescence?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »

For you Crowned Heads fans out there, Cigar Fed is offering a Mason/Dixon sampler.  The two offerings are supposed to be distributed depending on where you.....or y'all live...one or the other.  (sorry, the original EPC brainfart has been corrected)

dwgbryant

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »

'experimented' with a few patches on the roof. managed to get about as much tar on me as I did the roof. terrible stuff.

Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial toro and water. enough work for on day for a retired person.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »

'experimented' with a few patches on the roof. managed to get about as much tar on me as I did the roof. terrible stuff.

Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial toro and water. enough work for on day for a retired person.
That's more work than most working folk too.  I'm looking at a Nestor Miranda Special Selection (nub size) when I get the fuck out of here.  Hiya Deano.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2014, 02:34:07 PM »

That's more work than most working folk too.  I'm looking at a Nestor Miranda Special Selection (nub size) when I get the fuck out of here.  Hiya Deano.
I've had a couple of those Tony, good from smoke from what I recall. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15