CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: 10/7/2014  (Read 30979 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 10/7/2014
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Welll ok and a happy fucking Tuesday to you.
:)
I got my Fucking Tuesday avi up, what more do you want?
Good morning Dean! 
another day in paradise, how about you?
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
Maybe just get some tie-down straps, fuck it!
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
So you're going to do an inset, internal/invisible hinge?
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
I'm curious about the seal.  Does the hinge you select have an effect on it?
Yes - It can change the gap and make the seal different sizes
What are you using to seal it?  Have you started seasoning?
No seasoning yet - all depends on how the hinge seals will depend on my seal.  I might not have to do anything, but I might use a thin weather stripping(still undecided since I am just finalizing my hinges)

sfish

« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Good morning Dean! 
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
Rookies! Amiright Shaun? I mean Best Friend!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2014, 11:19:52 AM »

Good morning Dean! 
What are you using to seal it?  Have you started seasoning?
No seasoning yet - all depends on how the hinge seals will depend on my seal.  I might not have to do anything, but I might use a thin weather stripping(still undecided since I am just finalizing my hinges)
Well hurry the fuck up, already!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe.  Hey man they started having Sculpin in 6-paks at my local store!  Expensive beer for a redneck but it sure is good and the Warden likes it too.

sfish

« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »

Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »

Mornin', Joe.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »

Nice coupon at Famous - $40 off $150, charge $5.99 for shipping though

You could get a box of those LAT 46's you mentioned the other day. $118 w/free shipping.  ;)

Morning, everyone.

sfish

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »

Morning Joe.  Hey man they started having Sculpin in 6-paks at my local store!  Expensive beer for a redneck but it sure is good and the Warden likes it too.
Pick up some Long Trail Limbo IPA if you get a chance, very good

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2014, 11:39:39 AM »

Pick up some Long Trail Limbo IPA if you get a chance, very good
Will see if they have it.  Amazing this is such a craft beer drinking city with two huge beverage store operations and a large grocery store beer operation or two and craft beer is a hit or miss item.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »

Good morning Dean! 
Rookies! Amiright Shaun? I mean Best Friend!
What is this, Amateur Hour! ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »

Mornin Joe!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »

Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »

Hey, CG. What was the $ on that last box of LAdC #1's you recently picked up?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »

Hey, CG. What was the $ on that last box of LAdC #1's you recently picked up?
$88 plus shipping for the EEs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15