BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/7/2014
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »

Hey, CG. What was the $ on that last box of LAdC #1's you recently picked up?
$88 plus shipping for the EEs

Great deal there. I thought I remembered as much. The Famous deal gets them for 112 shipped. Just debating on how to spend that cpn.

« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »

Hey, CG. What was the $ on that last box of LAdC #1's you recently picked up?
$88 plus shipping for the EEs

Great deal there. I thought I remembered as much. The Famous deal gets them for 112 shipped. Just debating on how to spend that cpn.
That's not a bad price...anything under $100 is like robbery IMO.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/7/2014
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2014, 12:45:44 PM »

17 Man O' War Robusto
         10/34.99
16 Oliva Serie 'V' Melanio Petite Robusto
          5/29.99
15 Torano Virtuoso Torpedo
         10/34.50
14 Nub Habano 358
           1/19.50
13 Sgt. Smiley's Lonely Cigar Club Band 10ct Sampler
          1/27.50
12 La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 Salamone
          5/29.50
11 CAO Black Gothic
         10/32.50
10 Rocky Patel Signature Toro
         10/34.99
 9 Flor de La Antillas
          5/27.50
 8 Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon Robusto
         10/32.50
 7 Sam Leccia Luchador El Hombre
          5/27.50
 6 Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton
          5/25.00
 5 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/32.50
 4 5 Vegas Limitada TENTH Belicoso
          5/29.50
 3 Oliva Master Blends III Robusto
         10/39.99
 2 La Gloria Cubana Serie R Black No 58 Gordo
          5/22.50 1 CLE Cuarenta
         10/29.50

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.
Good to hear though I expected nothing less. If you do the math on the 6-pack cost vs 22oz bottle it's actually a good deal

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.
Good to hear though I expected nothing less. If you do the math on the 6-pack cost vs 22oz bottle it's actually a good deal
That was sure the case here on the Sculpin.  22 oz bottles were $9/each and 6 paks were $14 each.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.
Good to hear though I expected nothing less. If you do the math on the 6-pack cost vs 22oz bottle it's actually a good deal

Yeah, it's basically like buy two get one free 22oz bottles... except the bottle would be 24oz (since 2x 12oz bottles in the six pack)... so it's a decent savings.  I just got the one 22oz bottle of it but I'll switch to the six packs going forward.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.
Good to hear though I expected nothing less. If you do the math on the 6-pack cost vs 22oz bottle it's actually a good deal
That was sure the case here on the Sculpin.  22 oz bottles were $9/each and 6 paks were $14 each.

Six packs are almost always cheaper than the 22oz bottles on a per ounce basis... the more you buy, the more you save!  That's the same price as Sculpin six packs here but I believe the 22oz bottles are a little cheaper, closer to $7.

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »

Morning, all.  Got a ridiculous pile of crap to get through at the 'old' office this morning... sheesh.  I've over this gig.
Morning Joe, so you'll be around for longer than an hour?

Who knows. I leave as soon as I possibly can! No offense. Morning, Scott. Had the new release Victory at Sea the other day, still great stuff.
Good to hear though I expected nothing less. If you do the math on the 6-pack cost vs 22oz bottle it's actually a good deal

Yeah, it's basically like buy two get one free 22oz bottles... except the bottle would be 24oz (since 2x 12oz bottles in the six pack)... so it's a decent savings.  I just got the one 22oz bottle of it but I'll switch to the six packs going forward.
Simply stated with the Sculpin here it is 44 oz/$18 or 72 oz/$14  so a huge difference.   Probably my imagination but I thought the beer out of the 22oz bottle tasted better than that from the 12 oz.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »

[...]

Couldn't tell ya the science behind that one other than guessing that they're all from relatively small batches each time they brew it, so maybe there was some variation?  I had a Mother Earth SinTax out of the bottle the other day, too, and it was more robust than any other time I've had it out of a bottle, and tasted closer to how it's been on tap out here.

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »

[...]

Actually the same case with the Sculpin, I thought the 22 oz bottle tasted closer to that I had on tap a couple of weeks ago.

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »

[...]

I'm sure freshness of the beer itself has a lot to do with it, too.  I've been taught out here to check the bottling dates of IPAs, and if the bottle is 2+ months past it's bottling, look for something else.

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

Gonna be a little scarce myself today....I'm on stage for the next three days.
Just imagine everyone in their underwear!
No one here I would look at that as a positive...and Mormon underwear at that!

« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Welll ok and a happy fucking Tuesday to you.
:)
I got my Fucking Tuesday avi up, what more do you want?
Good morning Dean!
another day in paradise, how about you?
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
Maybe just get some tie-down straps, fuck it!
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
So you're going to do an inset, internal/invisible hinge?
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
I'm curious about the seal.  Does the hinge you select have an effect on it?
Yes - It can change the gap and make the seal different sizes
What are you using to seal it?  Have you started seasoning?
No seasoning yet - all depends on how the hinge seals will depend on my seal.  I might not have to do anything, but I might use a thin weather stripping(still undecided since I am just finalizing my hinges)
Well hurry the fuck up, already!
Yea, it's not like you're building a website or something hard...

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »

[...]

Have to watch the dates on all of them around here as fresher is better with every beer that i know of.  Even Budweiser!

« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »

[...]
Exactly!