CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: 10/7/2014  (Read 30982 times)

sfish

Re: 10/7/2014
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

I always thought some of you guys were a little unhinged.  Hello again boys.
quick question. did they stop making 5 Vegas high primings?  I have a friend who really likes those cigars...
It appears so flip, some 5 packs of coronas left at the sis but the rest show "sold out"

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Welll ok and a happy fucking Tuesday to you.
:)
I got my Fucking Tuesday avi up, what more do you want?
Good morning Dean! 
another day in paradise, how about you?
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
Maybe just get some tie-down straps, fuck it!
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
So you're going to do an inset, internal/invisible hinge?
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »

Gonna be a little scarce myself today....I'm on stage for the next three days.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »

Morning Mr Bean, Mr Fish and Mr Bryant, nice to see everyone up and cheerful this morning.  Forget it's Tuesday and Be Happy!  Or at least Be Happy till CG gets here and ruins the day with his Tuesday horror.
Mr Bryant was my father and he was not a nice guy, my name is Dean, please call me that!
Good morning Dean! 
Nice fall morning in ND - first Proj Mgmt class tonight.  Still trying to decide on the hinges for my tower humidor...ordered some online that I might try and use.
Don't you decide on that kind of stuff before you build?  Kinda like buying a car and not deciding on the tires...
Why do you think he is taking a project management class?   Just waited a little late for the class or started a little early on the humi, not sure which but I must say that is one nice looking humi without hinges~
There are only thousands of hinge options to choose from, so it's an element that is a little bit annoying.
Go with a nice self-closing European cushion-stop hinge, like the nicer/newer kitchen cabinets have
I have a faceless, full overlay, cabinet, and drawers that pull out and I can't find one that will make the door and side panel 180deg flat(if that makes sense).  They get close, but there is always like 1/8" to 1/4" overlap with how the door sits.
More importantant, what kind of knobs/pulls you going to use?  I'm sure Dean the affectionato can help with a recommendation.
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2014, 10:43:54 AM »

I thought i was past the one star, how come no pumpkins :-[

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »

Just imagine everyone in their underwear!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »

I always thought some of you guys were a little unhinged.  Hello again boys.
quick question. did they stop making 5 Vegas high primings?  I have a friend who really likes those cigars...
It appears so flip, some 5 packs of coronas left at the sis but the rest show "sold out"
Thanks, there was nothing on the devil either.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »

workerence coming up, see you guys later.

sfish

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »

Just imagine everyone in their underwear!
If he's "on stage" is he in his underwear?

sfish

« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »

Nice coupon at Famous - $40 off $150, charge $5.99 for shipping though

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »

I thought i was past the one star, how come no pumpkins :-[
There was a reassessment.  Taxes are going up.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2014, 10:59:59 AM »

Good morning Dean! 
I am going to go with something like this: http://www.rockler.com/blum-155-zero-protrusion-hinges
Here are my pulls: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-Stainless-Steel-Bar-Pulls-4-Pack-P13456L-SS-U1/202824457?N=5yc1vZc29u
I'm curious about the seal.  Does the hinge you select have an effect on it?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »

Good morning Dean! 
Yes - It can change the gap and make the seal different sizes

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »

Good morning Dean! 
Yes - It can change the gap and make the seal different sizes
What are you using to seal it?  Have you started seasoning?

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »

14 Nub Habano 358
           1/19.50
13 Sgt. Smiley's Lonely Cigar Club Band 10ct Sampler
          1/27.50
12 La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 Salamone
          5/29.50