Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.
Have a good one, Dave.

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
I guess I over looked that issue. huh.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.
on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.
I keep one in every hole ;).
I know I don't have the handling experience as most everyone else, and you can't fix stupid when it comes to firearms.
You can't fix stupid. You *can* fix inexperience. And since you can, you should. ;-)
I'm working on it. not as much range time as I'd like.

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-\
oh, he'll mow the lawn for me, but wants $20. I can't get him to replace the thermostat, fix water softener, etc. DEADBEAT LANDLORD.
I'm fussier than he is.

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-\
oh, he'll mow the lawn for me, but wants $20. I can't get him to replace the thermostat, fix water softener, etc. DEADBEAT LANDLORD.
I'm fussier than he is.
They just seem drawn to you.

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-
oh, he'll mow the lawn for me, but wants $20. I can't get him to replace the thermostat, fix water softener, etc. DEADBEAT LANDLORD.
I'm fussier than he is.
You know what they say??? Soft water, soft...

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

And on THAT note, here's a soft hazzuh for ya!

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2017, 03:32:24 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-\
oh, he'll mow the lawn for me, but wants $20. I can't get him to replace the thermostat, fix water softener, etc. DEADBEAT LANDLORD.
I'm fussier than he is.
Dean the deadbeat magnet.

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »

[...]

What do you call the safety on a Glock?
Firing pin block, half-cocked striker,  trigger safety lever, and my finger in the right place. Pulling the trigger moves the striker block and completes the cocking of the striker. When the gun leaves the holster, it's half-cocked. Same when it goes back in.

...as she would say.
But an order of magnitude less stringent than a manual safety/decocker setup.  With a round chambered no preceding motion required, just pull the trigger and bam.

Yet an order of magnitude more stringent than a DA/SA in single-action phase without any safety.

The question becomes, how many orders of magnitude are necessary for a lethal weapon? You could install a trigger lock on your weapon before you holster it, and that would be a couple of orders of magnitude safer...it just defeats the purpose.

So long as a double-action pull is required to make a gun go bang, it is as safe as the gun needs to be, and the rest is up to the shooter. It is an implement of combat, after all, and I carry it so that I can respond quickly and with lethality if, God forbid, the need arises. I don't, in that situation, want any switches to flip or actuators that might fail. I simply want to be able to take up the trigger slack and be ready to go. Once the gun is in front of me and pointed at a threat, the safety is my training, experience, and trigger control. It's getting the gun out of and back into holster when a secondary safety of some sort is valuable. The Glock action provides sufficient safety for those phases of operation.

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »

[...]

There never is. ;-)

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »

got a pork loin, baked potatoes, and lima beans to get together for dinner.

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »

[...]

I have a bunch of those rubber trigger locks in my gun bag but do have reason to use them unless I decide to keep my rounds chambered.

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »

5:00 in Bermuda so Beer Time In Texas!

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan it will be today, now got to pick out a smoke.

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2017, 04:09:20 PM »

5:00 in Bermuda so Beer Time In Texas!

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan it will be today, now got to pick out a smoke.
Laranja Caixa

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

got a pork loin, baked potatoes, and lima beans to get together for dinner.
You lost me at lima beans.

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

5:00 in Bermuda so Beer Time In Texas!

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan it will be today, now got to pick out a smoke.
Brewery tasting room doesn't open until 5.  I'm in TxDave clock watching mode.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15