« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »

Has Flip Been Train FUCT Again?

Two Manhattan Subway Trains Stuck In Tunnel After Power Loss

In a nightmare for New York commuters, two subway trains became stuck in a tunnel as power blackout caused delays and service disruptions on several lines during the Friday morning rush hour. According to CBS2, an E train got stuck about halfway through a tunnel at the Seventh Avenue and 53rd Street station. A D train was also stuck in the tunnel. Luckily, passengers from both trains were disembarked without incidents.

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »

Tex's commie report for the day:

This week New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced new anti-tobacco measures, including hiking prices/taxes ($13 per pack will be the minimum allowed for a pack of cigarettes) and limiting  the number of licensed tobacco retailers in the city. According to the New York Times: “The goal, Mr. de Blasio said, is to persuade or coerce 160,000 of the 900,000 New York City residents who smoke to stop doing so by 2020.”
But then where will they get their taxes from?!?
Actually, due to some perversion in the tax code, here in NYC, they can't actually collect the tax, so
the 3 dollar upcharge goes to the seller.

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »

Wind has kicked up, damn cold front due here early in the morning and high tomorrow is supposed to be 68 and in the upper 40's Sunday Morning.  Sheesh!

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »

Has Flip Been Train FUCT Again?

Two Manhattan Subway Trains Stuck In Tunnel After Power Loss

In a nightmare for New York commuters, two subway trains became stuck in a tunnel as power blackout caused delays and service disruptions on several lines during the Friday morning rush hour. According to CBS2, an E train got stuck about halfway through a tunnel at the Seventh Avenue and 53rd Street station. A D train was also stuck in the tunnel. Luckily, passengers from both trains were disembarked without incidents.
no, only a half hour late, mine was Amtrak signal problems leading to single tunneling,
under the Hudson River.

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Pretty damn good +\- $2 cigar deal and makes a nice morning smoke.

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »

Has Flip Been Train FUCT Again?

Two Manhattan Subway Trains Stuck In Tunnel After Power Loss

In a nightmare for New York commuters, two subway trains became stuck in a tunnel as power blackout caused delays and service disruptions on several lines during the Friday morning rush hour. According to CBS2, an E train got stuck about halfway through a tunnel at the Seventh Avenue and 53rd Street station. A D train was also stuck in the tunnel. Luckily, passengers from both trains were disembarked without incidents.
no, only a half hour late, mine was Amtrak signal problems leading to single tunneling,
under the Hudson River.
Guess 30 minutes is better than the other option!

Morning Flip

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »

Big Friday is upon us! Good morning to all.
Morning, Mayor. When does the new gig start?
Next week sometime but still don't have an exact date. Background check came back clean and the contract is due within the next couple of days.
Make sure they have May 5 off as part of that contract.  No excuse not to if you haven't signed it yet.  Hell, it took them this long.  Tell them its a scheduled doctors visit.  It IS therapy....
I probably could take it off but that's more unpaid time.

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:16 AM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »

TexDave must have stopped at Starbucks on his way in this morning for his Unicorn Frappuccino.
They're sold out almost everywhere. My daughter finally tasted one yesterday but my wife had to check 5 different stores first. She's got a thing for unicorns.
Grande is 410 calories and 59 grams of sugar, Vente is 500 calories and 76g of sugar.  My teeth hurt just thinking about it.
#2 daughter can use to gain a few pounds so I'm ok with that. Let me go make sure she brushed her teeth though.
Yea, but won't Mom have one with her?
....could have gone all sorts of directions with that one...
Mom's actually been really good on her diet. Although she probably took a sip, if I were to guess.

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »

God Bless him, good old AJF is sure a busy guy!

http://halfwheel.com/altadis-u-s-s-h-upmann-latest-get-j-fernandezs-touch/146858

Wasn't impressed with the RyJ. Still haven't smoked his Montecristo. The H. Upmann isn't even on the long list.

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »

Big Friday is upon us! Good morning to all.
Morning, Mayor. When does the new gig start?
Next week sometime but still don't have an exact date. Background check came back clean and the contract is due within the next couple of days.
Make sure they have May 5 off as part of that contract.  No excuse not to if you haven't signed it yet.  Hell, it took them this long.  Tell them its a scheduled doctors visit.  It IS therapy....
I probably could take it off but that's more unpaid time.
What's one more day after 6+ months? Lol

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »

Has Flip Been Train FUCT Again?

Two Manhattan Subway Trains Stuck In Tunnel After Power Loss

In a nightmare for New York commuters, two subway trains became stuck in a tunnel as power blackout caused delays and service disruptions on several lines during the Friday morning rush hour. According to CBS2, an E train got stuck about halfway through a tunnel at the Seventh Avenue and 53rd Street station. A D train was also stuck in the tunnel. Luckily, passengers from both trains were disembarked without incidents.
Probably. And apparently there is an impending rail strike too. I will be back to taking the bus to work.