CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: 4/21/2017  (Read 18008 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 4/21/2017
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2017, 01:28:57 PM »

@Bean.....hey, you weren't on the other day when we were talking about dates for a possible Tex/CarolinaDave retirement weekend bash/herf.  I think the weekend that we were looking to was June 16/17.  Think you could block out some time?
I thought it was June 23 due to Fathers Day on the 18th.
Who's on first?
You can link it with a trip to visit the family CB!
Been thinking about that.  Tim is in the process of moving on to his next assignment so who's going to be where when is up in the air.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2017, 01:29:55 PM »

@Bean.....hey, you weren't on the other day when we were talking about dates for a possible Tex/CarolinaDave retirement weekend bash/herf.  I think the weekend that we were looking to was June 16/17.  Think you could block out some time?
Who's on first?
I dunno...
What's on second.  Afternoon Tony.  Had my post op doctor's visit today.  Seems I'm not taking enough drugs so prescribed me stronger pain meds to take more often.  Like far out dude.  Everything is looking good for 10 days post op.  Removed the dressing and shoulder already feels better.
So we should be calling you CBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for a bit.
no, but you might have trouble getting my attention.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2017, 01:30:45 PM »

Who's on first?
I dunno...
What's on second.  Afternoon Tony.  Had my post op doctor's visit today.  Seems I'm not taking enough drugs so prescribed me stronger pain meds to take more often.  Like far out dude.  Everything is looking good for 10 days post op.  Removed the dressing and shoulder already feels better.
You're going to have Raz thinking back to his Hazy Crazy Daze.....
I have no recollection of that, Senator.
Exactly the point.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
I guess I over looked that issue. huh.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »

Who's on first?
You can link it with a trip to visit the family CB!
Been thinking about that.  Tim is in the process of moving on to his next assignment so who's going to be where when is up in the air.
Come on down, we will administer tour drugs for you.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2017, 01:44:02 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.
on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »

I was interested in it.
I have 2 HK's, rifle and a pistol.  Great quality but that particular one is not a mainstream gun for sure.  Lots of nice choices for at least $200-300 less.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2017, 01:50:30 PM »

Morning Raz

on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.
I keep one in every hole ;)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2017, 01:50:50 PM »

I was interested in it.
I have 2 HK's, rifle and a pistol.  Great quality but that particular one not a mainstream gun for sure.  Lots of nice choices for at least $200-300 less.
my money has to go towards a mower before I buy any more guns. :-(

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »

Morning Raz

I keep one in every hole ;).
I know I don't have the handling experience as most everyone else, and you can't fix stupid when it comes to firearms.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2017, 02:04:32 PM »

I was interested in it.
I have 2 HK's, rifle and a pistol.  Great quality but that particular one not a mainstream gun for sure.  Lots of nice choices for at least $200-300 less.
my money has to go towards a mower before I buy any more guns. :-(
Makes sense

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2017, 02:10:34 PM »

Morning Raz

That one might even be too easy for Bean.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »

Morning Raz

Well, I think that's a bit TOO much caution. Unless you're training *hard* every day, carrying an empty chamber is a really iffy proposition if you ever have to - God forbid - pull the gun to fight, especially so on a small auto. Just too many things that can go wrong.

If the revolver is a modern double-action, it has a transfer bar and even hitting it with a hammer over a loaded chamber won't set it off.

Modern weapons are designed to be carried with a loaded chamber.

But each to their own. Personally, I always carry a loaded chamber.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »

Nice place for it to happen.

Massive power outage hits San Francisco, shuts down businesses, BART station, cable cars, traffic lights

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Massive-power-outage-hits-San-Francisco-shuts-11089574.php

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »

Morning Raz

I know I don't have the handling experience as most everyone else, and you can't fix stupid when it comes to firearms.
You can't fix stupid. You *can* fix inexperience. And since you can, you should. ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15