CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: 4/21/2017  (Read 17963 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 4/21/2017
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
I guess I over looked that issue. huh.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.
on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.
I keep one in every hole ;).
Makes for uncomfortable reloading.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.
on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.
Not when you're a pro at having your holes stuffed like Tex.

Threebean

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »

Morning Raz

What do you call the safety on a Glock?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »

Morning Raz

My finger not on the trigger

Threebean

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

Morning Raz

That one might even be too easy for Bean.
True, though TWDS comes to mind. (Dean).

Threebean

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

Morning Raz

Speaking of stuffed holes, you and Nate work out your CF travel arrangements?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »

Morning Raz

Firing pin block, half-cocked striker,  trigger safety lever, and my finger in the right place. Pulling the trigger moves the striker block and completes the cocking of the striker. When the gun leaves the holster, it's half-cocked. Same when it goes back in.

...as she would say.

Threebean

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »

Morning Raz

Firing pin block, half-cocked striker,  trigger safety lever, and my finger in the right place. Pulling the trigger moves the striker block and completes the cocking of the striker. When the gun leaves the holster, it's half-cocked. Same when it goes back in.

...as she would say.
But an order of magnitude less stringent than a manual safety/decocker setup.  With a round chambered no preceding motion required, just pull the trigger and bam.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »

Morning Raz

That one might even be too easy for Bean.
::)   :-X

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »

Nice place for it to happen.

Massive power outage hits San Francisco, shuts down businesses, BART station, cable cars, traffic lights

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Massive-power-outage-hits-San-Francisco-shuts-11089574.php
Carryover from 420...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »

Morning Raz

Speaking of stuffed holes, you and Nate work out your CF travel arrangements?
Hi-yo!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-\

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.

Threebean

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.
Safe travels, TravellinDave.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Have a good weekend all.
Have a safe trip, grandpa.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15