« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

Leccia Black lit while I try to figure out why Dean posted a gun review with no apparent reason why.
Since when do you have a problem with gun reviews? I presume he posted it because I mentioned having new guns. Morning, Tex.
Did not say I had a problem with gun reviews just can't figure out what he had in mind when posting that particular review.  And you did not mention any particular guns or even types of guns.

Morning Raz
Nope, just mentioned that I had two new guns. They are, in fact, an S&W M&P9 Shield and a Sig P220 Equinox.

As for the P30, the glaring red flag that stands out to me is its apparent lack of a decocker. Who makes a DA/SA without a decocker or manual safety? Thumbing the hammer on a semi-auto is begging to put a round where you don't want one.
I guess I over looked that issue. huh.
It's disconcerting to me. It's true that the most important safety on a gun is between the ears. But I want some sort of safety when holstering or unholstering the weapon. It can be internal as on my strikers, or external as on my SA's, or a decocker and manual as on my DA/SA's. But nothing at all? That makes me nervous.
on my Taurus .380 I don't keep a round chambered, and the .38 revolver I have the hammer on an empty chamber. just me being as careful as possible. too much can go wrong between the time it takes to get from the hand and the head.
I keep one in every hole ;).
Makes for uncomfortable reloading.

« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »

[...]

Not when you're a pro at having your holes stuffed like Tex.

« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »

[...]

What do you call the safety on a Glock?

« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »

[...]

My finger not on the trigger

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:20 PM »

[...]

That one might even be too easy for Bean.
True, though TWDS comes to mind. (Dean).

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

[...]

Speaking of stuffed holes, you and Nate work out your CF travel arrangements?

« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »

[...]

Firing pin block, half-cocked striker,  trigger safety lever, and my finger in the right place. Pulling the trigger moves the striker block and completes the cocking of the striker. When the gun leaves the holster, it's half-cocked. Same when it goes back in.

...as she would say.

« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »

[...]

But an order of magnitude less stringent than a manual safety/decocker setup.  With a round chambered no preceding motion required, just pull the trigger and bam.

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »

[...]

::)   :-X

« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »

Nice place for it to happen.

Massive power outage hits San Francisco, shuts down businesses, BART station, cable cars, traffic lights

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Massive-power-outage-hits-San-Francisco-shuts-11089574.php
Carryover from 420...

« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »

[...]

Hi-yo!

« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »

Dean, why don't you have the home owner buy their mower.  Why should you?
Deadbeat landlords...  :-\

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.
Safe travels, TravellinDave.

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

About time to head out.  Driving down to visit with the boy and grandbabies for the weekend, so will be scarce most likely.
Have a good weekend all.
Have a safe trip, grandpa.