CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 28, 2014, 12:00:04 AM

Title: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on July 28, 2014, 12:00:04 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 12:10:15 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
no great deals to report!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 12:18:39 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
no great deals to report!
Gnite lurkers!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:03:52 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:04:46 AM
Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
no great deals to report!
Gnite lurkers!
Bob it looks like you got left lil alone on both sites this morning.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:19:53 AM
Today is Monday, July 28, the 209th day of 2014. There are 156 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:20:23 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On July 28, 1914, World War I began as Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:21:09 AM
On this date:

Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:21:35 AM
In 1540, King Henry VIII's chief minister, Thomas Cromwell, was executed, the same day Henry married his fifth wife, Catherine Howard.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:21:59 AM
In 1655, French dramatist and novelist Cyrano de Bergerac, the inspiration for a play by Edmond Rostand, died in Paris at age 36.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:22:31 AM
In 1794, Maximilien Robespierre, a leading figure of the French Revolution, was sent to the guillotine.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:23:29 AM
In 1821, Peru declared its independence from Spain.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:23:57 AM
In 1928, the Summer Olympic games opened in Amsterdam.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:24:42 AM
In 1932, federal troops forcibly dispersed the so-called "Bonus Army" of World War I veterans who had gathered in Washington to demand payments they weren't scheduled to receive until 1945.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:25:23 AM
In 1945, a U.S. Army bomber crashed into the 79th floor of New York's Empire State Building, killing 14 people. The U.S. Senate ratified the United Nations Charter by a vote of 89-2.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:25:51 AM
In 1959, in preparation for statehood, Hawaiians voted to send the first Chinese-American, Republican Hiram L. Fong, to the U.S. Senate and the first Japanese-American, Democrat Daniel K. Inouye, to the U.S. House of Representatives.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:26:24 AM
In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson announced he was increasing the number of American troops in South Vietnam from 75,000 to 125,000 "almost immediately."
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:26:51 AM
In 1976, an earthquake devastated northern China, killing at least 242,000 people, according to an official estimate.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:27:14 AM
In 1984, the Los Angeles Summer Olympics opened.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:28:07 AM
In 1989, Israeli commandos abducted a pro-Iranian Shiite (SHEE'-eyet) Muslim cleric, Sheik Abdul-Karim Obeid (AHB'-dool kah-REEM' oh-BAYD'), from his home in south Lebanon. (He was released in January 2004 as part of a prisoner swap.)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:29:03 AM
Ten years ago: The Democratic National Convention in Boston nominated John Kerry for president. A car bomb exploded outside a police station used as a recruiting center in Baqouba, Iraq, killing 70 Iraqis. Francis Crick, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist who co-discovered the double-helix structure of DNA, died in San Diego at age 88.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:29:33 AM
Five years ago: The Senate Judiciary Committee approved Judge Sonia Sotomayor to be the U.S. Supreme Court's first Hispanic justice, over nearly solid Republican opposition. Anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder (ROH'-dur) pleaded not guilty in Wichita, Kansas, to killing late-term abortion provider George Tiller. (Roeder was later convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.) The Rev. Frederick J. Eikerenkoetter II, better known as "Reverend Ike," who preached the gospel of material prosperity to millions nationwide, died in Los Angeles at age 74.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:30:08 AM
One year ago: Pope Francis' historic trip to his home continent of South America ended after a marathon week in Brazil. In southern Italy, 39 people were killed when a tour bus plunged into a ravine. An armed thief stole a $136 million diamond collection from a jewelry show at the Carlton International Hotel in Cannes, France. William Warren Scranton, 96, a former presidential candidate, ambassador to the U.N. and Pennsylvania governor, died in Montecito, California. Actress-singer Eileen Brennan, 80, died in Burbank, California.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:30:44 AM
Today's Birthdays: Movie director Andrew V. McLaglen is 94. Actor Darryl Hickman is 83. Ballet dancer-choreographer Jacques d'Amboise is 80. Musical conductor Riccardo Muti is 73. Former Senator and NBA Hall of Famer Bill Bradley is 71. "Garfield" creator Jim Davis is 69. Singer Jonathan Edwards is 68. Actress Linda Kelsey is 68. TV producer Dick Ebersol is 67. Actress Sally Struthers is 66. Actress Georgia Engel is 66. Rock musician Simon Kirke (Bad Company) is 65. Rock musician Steve Morse (Deep Purple) is 60. CBS anchorman Scott Pelley is 57. Alt-country-rock musician Marc Perlman is 53. Actor Michael Hayden is 51. Actress Lori Loughlin is 50. Jazz musician-producer Delfeayo Marsalis is 49. Former hockey player turned general manager Garth Snow is 45. Actress Elizabeth Berkley is 42. Singer Afroman is 40. Country musician Todd Anderson (Heartland) is 39. Rock singer Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach) is 38. Country singer Carly Goodwin is 33. Actor Dustin Milligan is 29. Actor Nolan Gerard Funk is 28. Rapper Soulja Boy is 24. Pop/rock singer Cher Lloyd (TV: finalist "The X Factor") is 21.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:31:26 AM
Thought for Today: "It is impossible to write ancient history because we lack source materials, and impossible to write modern history because we have far too many." — Charles Peguy (pay-GEE'), French poet and writer (1873-1914).

Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 02:32:15 AM
Baby Planes
-------------------------

A mother and her young son were flying Southwest Airlines from Kansas City
to Chicago. The son turned from the window to his mother and asked, "If big
dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have
baby planes?"

The mother said, "Well, maybe that's something you could ask the
stewardess."

So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats
have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?"

The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me?"

The boy admitted that this was the case. "Well, then, tell your mother that
there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time. You can
ask your mother to explain it to you."
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 03:06:24 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your Monday.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 05:28:14 AM
Time for a couple of sheesh's.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 05:28:34 AM
Morning LSU.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 05:46:25 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. rainy Monday here.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 05:47:29 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. rainy Monday here.
Morning Dean.  Just hot and dry here again.  Back up around 100 today.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 05:48:32 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. rainy Monday here.
Rain is supposed to be here by late afternoon. Good morning Native and Dean.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 05:50:21 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 05:54:37 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 05:56:25 AM
Time to head to work be lurking a little later.  Have a good day everyone.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 05:57:16 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Morning Golfing Dave you slipped in there on me.  You and Dean both had rain and confused my sleepy mind this morning.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 06:17:57 AM
good morning Chip and Dave. rainy Monday here.
Morning Dean.  Just hot and dry here again.  Back up around 100 today.
rain and mid 60's all day here.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 06:19:48 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
day off. 30 days. (August 27)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:31:46 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Dave!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:33:21 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 06:41:00 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
Abandoned nuts are the worst.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:48:53 AM
Where's ShortStack?  Time for him to hit 50 posts, isn't it?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on July 28, 2014, 06:49:19 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
Abandoned nuts are the worst.
Neglected ones aren't much fun either. Good morning to the Dave's.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:52:54 AM
How's Jeni doing Dave?  Gone from pain to general discomfort?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:54:15 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
Abandoned nuts are the worst.
Neglected ones aren't much fun either. Good morning to the Dave's.
Now wait....did you mean to put those two sentences together??....lol  If so, should have been Dave's and Dean!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 06:54:35 AM
How's Jeni doing Dave?  Gone from pain to general discomfort?
Nope, still hanging around solidly in the pain category. She'll be there until the tube comes out. Should at least find out today when that'll happen.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: bluecollar on July 28, 2014, 06:55:04 AM
Enjoy your day everyone.  :)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:57:31 AM
Enjoy your day everyone.  :)
Hey Rick, good to see you drop in!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 07:07:36 AM
How's Jeni doing Dave?  Gone from pain to general discomfort?
Nope, still hanging around solidly in the pain category. She'll be there until the tube comes out. Should at least find out today when that'll happen.
Hopefully soon!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 07:08:01 AM
Man, back in the office today....hope I can find the place.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 07:31:16 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
I gave my boss more than a months notice. the 22nd is my last day. it's plenty of time to find a driver for September.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 07:32:33 AM
Enjoy your day everyone.  :)
RICK !!!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 07:43:43 AM
Enjoy your day everyone.  :)
Congrats on your 5th post, Rick. ;)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 07:55:34 AM
Good morning guys, tiring weekend, in a good way
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 08:00:33 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 08:02:05 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Two-Turd Tuesday already? Who left the window open? LTG snuck back in
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 08:14:18 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 08:14:37 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Two-Turd Tuesday already? Who left the window open? LTG snuck back in
LOL! Morning gents!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 08:24:22 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Mad? No, not at all. (http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk.gif)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 08:30:39 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Dave!
Morning at-home-travellin Dave
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 08:31:36 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
I gave my boss more than a months notice. the 22nd is my last day. it's plenty of time to find a driver for September.
Yeah but there are not a lot of true "nut-drivers" like you Dean
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 08:31:51 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Mad? No, not at all. (http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk.gif)
Well good, I didn't want any hard feelings!  :P
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 08:32:17 AM
Enjoy your day everyone.  :)
Congrats on your 5th post, Rick. ;)
Tallk about folks and soon they show up - glad to see your post and your PM this morning!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 08:33:45 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
No we are mad when a yellow star shows up regardless of what they plan to play for the day. :)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:34:00 AM
After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes.

As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart. It's Eric. I'm on the train".

"Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty, but I had a long meeting".

"No, honey, not with that blonde from the accounts office. It was with the boss".

"No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life".

"Yes, I'm sure, cross my heart"

Fifteen minutes later, he was still talking loudly.

When the young woman sitting next to him had had enough, she leaned over and said into the phone, "Eric, hang up the phone and come back to bed."

Eric doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 08:34:11 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Mad? No, not at all. (http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk.gif)
Well good, I didn't want any hard feelings!  :P
Morning CG and Fish
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 08:34:54 AM
Crazy rain here yesterday, including some tornado warnings. Good times. Morning, all.
Dean, You got to report to the nut house today?  Is it 29 or 30 days to go now?  We got to get a countdown going.
Who are they going to get to fill in all those extra shifts in a month?  Nuts are going to be stranded.
I gave my boss more than a months notice. the 22nd is my last day. it's plenty of time to find a driver for September.
Yeah but there are not a lot of true "nut-driver" like you Dean
True, that guy can work the nuts around like no other
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 08:35:52 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Mad? No, not at all. (http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk.gif)
Well good, I didn't want any hard feelings!  :P
Morning CG and Fish
Morning Texas Dave. I read briefly over the weekend you really liked the Sierra Nevada sampler?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 08:36:05 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
No we are mad when a yellow star shows up regardless of what they plan to play for the day. :)
Fuggin Daves!  >:(
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:38:31 AM
COFFEE HURTS- I was eating lunch on the 20th of February with my 6-year-old granddaughter and I asked her, "What day is tomorrow?" She said "It's President's Day!"

She is a smart kid. So, I asked "What does President's Day mean?" I was waiting for something about Washington or Lincoln etc.

She replied, "President's Day is when President Obama steps out of the White House, and if he sees his shadow we have one more year of unemployment."

You know, it hurts when hot coffee spurts out your nose...
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:40:35 AM
Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.

Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).

Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

Law of Close Encounters - The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

Law of the Theater & Hockey Arena - At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last. They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies and stay to the bitter end of the performance. The aisle people also are very surly folk.

The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.

Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only 2 people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.

Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.

Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.

Oliver's Law of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better.. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:13:12 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
To be mad would require us to be paying attention to a yellowstart.....so no, we're not mad.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 09:13:45 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
To be mad would require us to be paying attention to a yellowstart.....so no, we're not mad.
LALTS
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 09:21:45 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
Mad? No, not at all. (http://www.pic4ever.com/images/vahidrk.gif)
Well good, I didn't want any hard feelings!  :P
Morning CG and Fish
Morning Texas Dave. I read briefly over the weekend you really liked the Sierra Nevada sampler?
Absolutely, sampled 5 of them and all were very good for sure.  They were so good I went to the store to get 2 more cartons yesterday and they had sold out on Saturday.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:27:51 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: TRO on July 28, 2014, 09:33:27 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
She wants to be sure that he can work it, before she cuts loose with the current guy.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 09:42:24 AM

Today's Birthdays: ...Musical conductor Riccardo Muti is 73...
He is from Molfetta, same as my family.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 09:42:38 AM
Good morning to all.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 09:46:31 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
We probably should honor DWG/3d with a going away virtual herf on his last day in NY.  And then we can look forward to the trip down and arrival stories he will be posting!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 09:47:16 AM
Good morning to all.
Morning Tony
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 09:52:11 AM
Good morning to all.
Morning, Tony. How goes it?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:52:25 AM
Good morning to all.
Good Morning Sir Antnee!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 09:52:40 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
sorry, no side trips. packing right now. Salvation Army will make out well. I have TOO many clothes.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 09:53:07 AM
Hi TXDave.  How was that Nica Rustica in the pool?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:53:51 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
We probably should honor DWG/3d with a going away virtual herf on his last day in NY.  And then we can look forward to the trip down and arrival stories he will be posting!
Hopefully that vehicle of his holds together.  Has it been behaving after that last bout of issues Dean?  Or does it just not like the cold weather?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:55:35 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
sorry, no side trips. packing right now. Salvation Army will make out well. I have TOO many clothes.
Hey, it's Florida, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, a couple of T's, flip flops or boat shoes, throw the rest out.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:00:36 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
sorry, no side trips. packing right now. Salvation Army will make out well. I have TOO many clothes.
Hey, it's Florida, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, a couple of T's, flip flops or boat shoes, throw the rest out.
it does get down in the 30's/40's during the winter, and KC has been known to fire up his Little Buddy heater.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:03:59 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
We probably should honor DWG/3d with a going away virtual herf on his last day in NY.  And then we can look forward to the trip down and arrival stories he will be posting!
Hopefully that vehicle of his holds together.  Has it been behaving after that last bout of issues Dean?  Or does it just not like the cold weather?
the Jeep should be fine. just went through inspection. has new wheel bearings, universals, fuel injectors, coil, thermostat, and battery. will have AAA Premier when I leave, just for the free car rental if anything happens.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:05:18 AM
Good mornin', Gents.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 10:06:22 AM
Good mornin', Gents.
Morning David
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 10:07:33 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
sorry, no side trips. packing right now. Salvation Army will make out well. I have TOO many clothes.
Hey, it's Florida, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, a couple of T's, flip flops or boat shoes, throw the rest out.
it does get down in the 30's/40's during the winter, and KC has been known to fire up his Little Buddy heater.
That's just because he's been in FL too long, gotten oversensitive to the cold. (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/freddo2.gif) (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 10:07:43 AM
Good mornin', Gents.
Dusty!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 10:07:55 AM
GMornin Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Geez, who forgot to flush? I mean, morning Shaun, Scott.
Ohh geez, c'mon now guys.  You mad I am leaving at 11 to go play in a golf tourney today or wut ;)
To be mad would require us to be paying attention to a yellowstart.....so no, we're not mad.
Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz...fuggin Mondays!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 10:08:18 AM
Good mornin', Gents.
Morning, Dean, Tony, and Dave!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:10:22 AM
Maybe Dean should do a victory tour on his way to Boa tramps Fla.  First have Barry stop by with greetings from the Great White North  (is he speaking to any of us these days?), then a bit of a swing out to Ohio, cut back through PA and stock up at CI.  From there on to NJ, then a stop in Northern VA.  Swing a little west for a visit to LA then on to the swamps and his new handyman career.  So nice when the landlady is asking about your skill with your tools before you even arrive.
sorry, no side trips. packing right now. Salvation Army will make out well. I have TOO many clothes.
Hey, it's Florida, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, a couple of T's, flip flops or boat shoes, throw the rest out.
it does get down in the 30's/40's during the winter, and KC has been known to fire up his Little Buddy heater.
But his blood is thinner than your's.  Florida and California are the same....gets below 80 and people are breaking out jackets, gets below 65, hats, scarves, gloves..... You're made of stouter stuff!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:11:58 AM
[...]
OK, I'll compromise.  Keep a couple pairs of jeans, some socks and a sweatshirt or two.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 10:12:40 AM
[...]
Agreed.  At his age he feels it necessary to wear a light sweater when it gets down to 75°.  Hello back, golfing, travelling, and dusty Daves.  And you too Steve, Scott and Shaun.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 10:13:24 AM
[...]
Good morning Guy's.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 10:15:17 AM
[...]
Agreed.  At his age he feels it necessary to wear a light sweater when it gets down to 75°.  Hello back, golfing, travelling, and dusty Daves.  And you to Scott and Shaun.
Morning Tony. What's crackin'?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:16:44 AM
$118 for AAA Premier. WTF. paid.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 10:17:52 AM
[...]
The whip.  I probably should be getting back to work.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:18:07 AM
good morning all you guys just getting here. ha.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:18:25 AM
[...]
When he bends over or otherwise?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:18:52 AM
[...]
Southern AZ is the same. after you've been here a few years anything below 65º is sweatshirt weather. The snowbirds will walk around in shorts and tees all winter. It is what it is.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:19:56 AM
Good mornin', Gents.
Dusty!
Dave!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:20:04 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 10:20:27 AM
$118 for AAA Premier. WTF. paid.
Money well spent, Deano.  Besides what were you gonna do, buy more cigars?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:23:31 AM
$118 for AAA Premier. WTF. paid.
Money well spent, Deano.  Besides what were you gonna do, buy more cigars?
I was, getting very low. guess I'll wait until Friday or when my pension check comes in. lol.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 10:27:32 AM
[...]
WTF? Now I have to picture what you're obviously thinking about?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:32:02 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 10:43:35 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 10:43:38 AM
[...]
LMAO
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 10:45:57 AM
[...]
While nothing like what you guys call winter they do have a winter season in Crystal River, hell sometimes it lasts a week or more.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:49:02 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
[...]
well, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:51:14 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
Very enjoyable.  I think I said it was a Flor de las Antillas on steroids.  Medium full and tons of flavors but not overwhelming.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 10:51:52 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Cheers to hoping she falls on my face!  ;D
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 10:52:28 AM
[...]
You're welcome!  It's Monday!!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 10:53:11 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 10:53:25 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning, Joe.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 10:54:07 AM
just about all packed. I do have 30 days yet.
heavy rain and thunder here. heading for the shed with an EO #21 and ginger ale.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:57:38 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
Very enjoyable.  I think I said it was a Flor de las Antillas on steroids.  Medium full and tons of flavors but not overwhelming.
I haven't smoked enough FdlA's to compare but I certainly do agree with the last sentence.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 10:58:34 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
LMAO! 'Bobber' was the term that came to mind!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 11:00:38 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
LMAO! 'Bobber' was the term that came to mind!
No doubt. Poor girl will never get to go deep sea diving.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 11:00:56 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 11:03:08 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 11:05:08 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
LMAO! 'Bobber' was the term that came to mind!
No doubt. Poor girl will never get to go deep sea diving.
Nope, but I bet she gets more than her share of pearl necklaces anyway
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 11:05:46 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
LMAO! 'Bobber' was the term that came to mind!
No doubt. Poor girl will never get to go deep sea diving.
Nope, but I bet she gets more than her share of pearl necklaces anyway
Boom!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 11:06:08 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Be honest JWacky....you were over the guests before they arrived.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 11:06:15 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
I can imagine.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 11:08:19 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Do you ever really get to the point where you say "You know...I could really go for some house guests for a few days, see what your parents are doing next weekend"
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 11:09:29 AM
Look what the haboob blew in!  Morning Dusty.
Dave, those boobies look about ready to explode!  :-\ BTW, how was that La Antiguedad? I didn't follow up on fb.
I wonder what sort of brace she's using to remain upright.
She should be all set if she accidently falls in the water though.
Hell yeah, she'd bounce right back up no problem!
LMAO! 'Bobber' was the term that came to mind!
No doubt. Poor girl will never get to go deep sea diving.
Nope, but I bet she gets more than her share of pearl necklaces anyway
I'll happily share a Pearl Necklace...
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/68/75364/  don't know why the picture wouldn't link...ruined the joke...
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 11:09:50 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Be honest JWacky....you were over the guests before they arrived.

I tried to stay positive the whole time they were here, haha.  The mirror incident was ridiculous, though.  In the past he's also broken a dining room chair and an overhead light.  Unreal.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 11:11:07 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Do you ever really get to the point where you say "You know...I could really go for some house guests for a few days, see what your parents are doing next weekend"

Good point.  The kids enjoy it... so there's that.  Be nice to go home to a 'quiet' house tonight, that's for sure.  Need to catch up on some beer drinking.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 11:14:05 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Be honest JWacky....you were over the guests before they arrived.

I tried to stay positive the whole time they were here, haha.  The mirror incident was ridiculous, though.  In the past he's also broken a dining room chair and an overhead light.  Unreal.
Cripes, sounds like Fred Munster
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 11:15:26 AM
Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Do you ever really get to the point where you say "You know...I could really go for some house guests for a few days, see what your parents are doing next weekend"

Good point.  The kids enjoy it... so there's that.  Be nice to go home to a 'quiet' house tonight, that's for sure.  Need to catch up on some beer drinking.
Yes, one of the hundreds of times parents "take one for the kids team". I would have thought you'd do plenty of beer drinking with them there
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 11:20:41 AM
[...]

I went for the harder stuff!  Had some random stuff from Goose Island that the wife picked up from the store, and a St. Archer IPA (San Diego brewery) Saturday but none of the 'good stuff' you sent, not enough to go around.  Never got to that growler from Friday, either.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 11:24:55 AM
[...]

I think your whiskey has missed you!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 11:28:48 AM
[...]

I had a Founder's Porter and a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale on Saturday in NYC, great burgers and beers at 5 Napkin Burger. Started the day with a Bloody at 9:30AM and basically drank the rest of the day. Actually the show was a blast, pleasantly surprised. The car service made the trip an absolute joy, the city was packed when we left at 5:30. I tried a Boulder Shake Choc Porter on tap, tasty stuff if you see it, lower abv
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 11:32:49 AM
[...]

No kidding!  I need to do some shopping for some more 'every day' level stuff, the beer has kinda replaced that.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: CigarGuy87 on July 28, 2014, 11:40:32 AM
I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 11:43:42 AM
I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
Hit 'em straight, ya bastige.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
Have fun, Shaun.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 11:56:05 AM
[...]

That sounds like a great day.  What show did you see?  Haven't been to 5Napkin in a long while.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 11:57:19 AM
[...]

Was it, Rock of Ages?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 12:00:48 PM
I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
GFY Shaun. ha. enjoy. heavy rains and flood warnings here 1"+ /hour in some places. no golf for me today. may go to the laundramat instead. fuck.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:01:28 PM
[...]

Yes, Rock of Ages. My wife's request for her birthday. 5 Napkins for lunch, NY Beer Works between there and the show then back there after the show. Drinks at the show of course, geez
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 12:02:40 PM
[...]

Sounds like we're lucky you can even type in coherent sentences.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 12:03:41 PM
[...]

I believe it was.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:03:49 PM
I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
Swing as hard as you can, don't worry about your score. We don't expect anything from Yellows
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 12:06:47 PM
[...]

Did the wife have a good time too?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
[...]

Right? There were 6 of us, we went separate ways to go to the bathroom at intermission and all came back with drinks for everyone
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:10:17 PM
[...]

Ha! Yes she had a great time
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:13:03 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 12:17:35 PM
We had tornado warnings this morning,  one touched down about 15 miles from here.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 12:19:13 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 12:19:55 PM
We had tornado warnings this morning,  one touched down about 15 miles from here.
That's close enough. Mornin' FB.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 28, 2014, 12:22:00 PM
Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 12:22:52 PM
Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
See ya, Dave. Hope she's feeling better.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:23:26 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 12:25:01 PM
Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
Later Dave, good luck
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 12:25:15 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 12:46:27 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.

Indeed, nice way to do it!  Make payments in advance so it doesn't crush anyone's bank account at the time of the trip.  Warden and I have actually been doing that for a cruise we plan to take next year.  Set a little aside every paycheck so we won't even notice it, but by the time we're ready to book the trip our bank account won't be affected at all.  In theory, anyway.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 01:02:06 PM
So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.

Indeed, nice way to do it!  Make payments in advance so it doesn't crush anyone's bank account at the time of the trip.  Warden and I have actually been doing that for a cruise we plan to take next year.  Set a little aside every paycheck so we won't even notice it, but by the time we're ready to book the trip our bank account won't be affected at all.  In theory, anyway.
Yeah it works out well. We start collecting at the New Year and have money for food and drinks that covers 90% of the vacation
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 01:09:04 PM
I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 01:13:28 PM
Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 01:17:11 PM
Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.

Sweet!!  As of now the only days I'd be available would be Monday or Friday.  Or Saturday.  I have classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, warden has class on Wednesday nights.  Hockey is Friday but earlier in the evening.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 01:20:24 PM
I recall really liking the Short Run 2010:  http://store.cigarfederation.com/products/ep-carrillo-short-run-2010?utm_source=Active%20Campagin&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=EPC%20and%20Viaje%20Rare%20Gems&utm_content=EPC%20short%20run&utm_campaign=EPC%20and%20Viaje%20Rare%20Gems
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 01:31:11 PM
I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.
I broke out a Jaime Garcia Reserve on Friday thanks to you. Right up there with the Tat Fausto in strength but was really good
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 01:33:21 PM
I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.
I broke out a Jaime Garcia Reserve on Friday thanks to you. Right up there with the Tat Fausto in strength but was really good

Nice!  Yeah, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed that one.  Don't know why the low expectations, maybe just because it's always available at the DDA, Cigar Monster, and on Jams?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 01:38:07 PM
[...]

Yeah, not sure. I bought those before I ever had a MF but maybe that was just timing when they were always around. Not a cigar the guys talk about a lot either but I've always had at least a handful in my box. I smoked a Padron toro yesterday, #4000 maybe? Always loved his "core" stuff
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 01:45:57 PM
Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.

Sweet!!  As of now the only days I'd be available would be Monday or Friday.  Or Saturday.  I have classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, warden has class on Wednesday nights.  Hockey is Friday but earlier in the evening.
Lets plan on Monday then.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 01:46:52 PM
[...]

Yeah, those 'core' Padrons tend to fly under the radar, too.  I always have the 2000 maduros on hand.  Good enough to stand alone, affordable enough to smoke while distracted by something else.  I actually think I prefer the JG to the MF.  Enjoy them both, and the only thing other than price that keeps me from smoking MFs more frequently is their strength.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 01:56:04 PM
[...]

I think the #4's are outstanding, I've actually only smoked (2) #1's and they surprisingly didn't do much for me. The Padron Delicias are a very good small smoke if you haven't tried tham
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 02:16:17 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 02:19:58 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 02:22:05 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
But you can get some decent prices on 2014s.....cheap as 2012 used cars.  My mom just got a 14 Camry for under 20K.  Ford also has some solid incentives. ...and I guess most others do as well.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 02:25:45 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
But you can get some decent prices on 2014s.....cheap as 2012 used cars.  My mom just got a 14 Camry for under 20K.  Ford also has some solid incentives. ...and I guess most others do as well.

Problem is that I'm such a cheap ass with anything non-cigars or -booze that I'd rather get something from '05-'07 for half of that.  And we really could use a slightly larger car.  Not too scared of gas prices since neither of us drive particularly far.  I would rather sell our car and pay almost all cash for something used for now.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 02:29:03 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
I guess so.  His words, not mine.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: sfish on July 28, 2014, 02:31:13 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
Are you thinking about Tony's ass again?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 02:33:09 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
Are you thinking about Tony's ass again?
No way brah, crack kills.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 02:40:52 PM
[...]

Valid point until you have to start with the repair bills almost from day 1.  Other positive is that a number of dealers are offering interest of 1% or lower.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 02:46:04 PM
... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
Are you thinking about Tony's ass again?
No way brah, crack kills.
Some more than others.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 02:52:47 PM
[...]

Indeed.  Cheapest to just fix the car, obviously, but I'm getting tired of putting money in to that piece of crap!  May as well pay repair bills for a car I actually want to drive.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 28, 2014, 03:04:37 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
Should have just said it looks like a cigar and lit it!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 03:13:16 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
Should have just said it looks like a cigar and lit it!

I was so pissed that ANOTHER thing went wrong with the car that I first told USAA to tow it in to the ocean.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 03:35:41 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
Should have just said it looks like a cigar and lit it!

I was so pissed that ANOTHER thing went wrong with the car that I first told USAA to tow it in to the ocean.
You wanted it towed to Atlantic Cigars in Folcroft, PA?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 03:55:02 PM
Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
Should have just said it looks like a cigar and lit it!

I was so pissed that ANOTHER thing went wrong with the car that I first told USAA to tow it in to the ocean.
You wanted it towed to Atlantic Cigars in Folcroft, PA?

Sure.

That was brutal... but it's Monday afternoon, maybe nobody will see that 'joke'.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 04:03:39 PM
[...]

I could delete all traces of it but it's too much effort.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: DesertRat on July 28, 2014, 04:04:09 PM
[...]

I won't tell anyone.....
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 04:37:30 PM
[...]

Didn't see a thing...
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 04:44:03 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 04:48:31 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
A lot of strange members that do post
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 04:50:06 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
A lot of strange members that do post
Been too lazy to clean that up.  I'll get around to it eventually.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 04:51:22 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
A lot of strange members that do post
so true.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 04:51:26 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
they are spam bots,  Tony hasn't deleted them yet.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
A lot of strange members that do post
Been too lazy to clean that up.  I'll get around to it eventually.
LOL, I was talking about us!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
alot of strange members that don't post.
A lot of strange members that do post
Been too lazy to clean that up.  I'll get around to it eventually.
LOL, I was talking about us!
Me too.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: jswaykos on July 28, 2014, 05:40:07 PM
I'm outta here.  Have a great evening, all!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 05:40:53 PM
Strange members?  Got lots of them.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 05:45:32 PM
Good afternoon
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 05:51:56 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 05:52:42 PM
I'm outta here.  Have a great evening, all!
Buh bye, Joe!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
they look nice FB, I'll need your address oh and you name again ;)
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 06:11:48 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
they look nice FB, I'll need your address oh and you name again ;)
Do you want some more RM 101 Papi Chulos and Ortega D's?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 06:25:16 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
they look nice FB, I'll need your address oh and you name again ;)
Do you want some more RM 101 Papi Chulos and Ortega D's?
quote]101 were nice, the TTT is very young, having one OTT. Oct 2013, most say this cigar does best with 4-5 years on it. It's well made, nice wrapper and decent draw. It tastes green, yet not very bitter. Just about 1/2" in and I can tell it's trying to show it's true colors, I think this kids got talent. Finish is dry and clean and it's retrohailable even for me.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 06:37:43 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
they look nice FB, I'll need your address oh and you name again ;)
Do you want some more RM 101 Papi Chulos and Ortega D's?
quote]101 were nice, the TTT is very young, having one OTT. Oct 2013, most say this cigar does best with 4-5 years on it. It's well made, nice wrapper and decent draw. It tastes green, yet not very bitter. Just about 1/2" in and I can tell it's trying to show it's true colors, I think this kids got talent. Finish is dry and clean and it's retrohailable even for me.
Sorry, but no cigar is right if you have to wait a couple of years for it to be smokable..
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 06:55:23 PM
Fredbob, how was the CRV you had earlier?  I just saw you mentioned it next door.

Hope it turned out well.  When I first got mine, I smoked them OTT and found that while the smoke was still very good, it was much better after the usual shipping adjustment period.  Maybe not for the whole smoke, but the beginning was smoother and the nub didn't get as crazy hot as fast.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 07:16:13 PM
Good afternoon
Nice haul, Dave!
they look nice FB, I'll need your address oh and you name again ;)
Do you want some more RM 101 Papi Chulos and Ortega D's?
quote]101 were nice, the TTT is very young, having one OTT. Oct 2013, most say this cigar does best with 4-5 years on it. It's well made, nice wrapper and decent draw. It tastes green, yet not very bitter. Just about 1/2" in and I can tell it's trying to show it's true colors, I think this kids got talent. Finish is dry and clean and it's retrohailable even for me.
Sorry, but no cigar is right if you have to wait a couple of years for it to be smokable..
its smokable Dave, as good as most of the cigars I get.
 Over an hour and just got to the band, and finally got some identifiable flavors of baking spice. No relights and a nice even burn. The cigar shows prommis, but not worth smoking anymore at this point, I'll give them a little humi time.

Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 07:43:32 PM
pancakes on !
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 07:59:24 PM
pancakes on !
I think you have day/night confusion.  It happens to my kids too.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 08:02:05 PM
Fredbob, how was the CRV you had earlier?  I just saw you mentioned it next door.

Hope it turned out well.  When I first got mine, I smoked them OTT and found that while the smoke was still very good, it was much better after the usual shipping adjustment period.  Maybe not for the whole smoke, but the beginning was smoother and the nub didn't get as crazy hot as fast.
draw was tight through out and couldn't finish the last 1/3. I like the robusto much more, not a big fan of Churchill size cigars. Cigar Place's inventory is safe from me.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:11:19 PM
pancakes on !
I think you have day/night confusion.  It happens to my kids too.
naw. pancakes are anytime food.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 08:12:58 PM
pancakes on !
I think you have day/night confusion.  It happens to my kids too.
naw. pancakes are anytime food.
Lemon-Ricotta pancakes?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:19:31 PM
pancakes on !
I think you have day/night confusion.  It happens to my kids too.
naw. pancakes are anytime food.
Lemon-Ricotta pancakes?
New Hope Mills buckwheat.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 08:32:24 PM
JdN Rosalone robusto and water.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 08:53:53 PM
Good afternoon
That is just to cool , very nice Dave.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
Fredbob, how was the CRV you had earlier?  I just saw you mentioned it next door.

Hope it turned out well.  When I first got mine, I smoked them OTT and found that while the smoke was still very good, it was much better after the usual shipping adjustment period.  Maybe not for the whole smoke, but the beginning was smoother and the nub didn't get as crazy hot as fast.
draw was tight through out and couldn't finish the last 1/3. I like the robusto much more, not a big fan of Churchill size cigars. Cigar Place's inventory is safe from me.

Probably over RH for the draw.  Some downtime will clear that up.  The 2 boxes I've been through of the CRVs has basically been perfect.  A few rolled a little too full, so the slight swelling as it burns would crack the wrapper a little (but not the binder), but they always burned right through that stuff with no issues whatsoever.

And yeah, the DC is a real time commitment.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:12:15 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get to 18 for Oy today.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:14:33 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get to 18 for Oy today.
TWSS
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:14:45 PM
Just start PWing.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:15:05 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:21:48 PM
It's been a while since I had one of these.  They're really fantastic smokes.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on July 28, 2014, 09:22:00 PM
JdN Rosalone done. calling it a night.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:22:06 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:22:57 PM
JdN Rosalone done. calling it a night.
calling what a night?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 09:24:13 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 28, 2014, 09:30:27 PM
JdN Rosalone done. calling it a night.
calling what a night?
IT!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:31:18 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?

Yes.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:31:47 PM
Tony, PM inbound.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:32:21 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
i had loads,of cigars "I didn't like" anymore. I wasn't planning on smoking them so I cleared them out.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 09:35:45 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
i had loads,of cigars "I didn't like" anymore. I wasn't planning on smoking them so I cleared them out.

I need to do the same thing.  I saw that cigarsforwarriors has a local-ish drop off site.  Might have to make a trip down that way.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 09:36:37 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
i had loads,of cigars "I didn't like" anymore. I wasn't planning on smoking them so I cleared them out.
That makes sense, life is to short to smoke stuff you don't like.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 09:38:54 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
i had loads,of cigars "I didn't like" anymore. I wasn't planning on smoking them so I cleared them out.

I need to do the same thing.  I saw that cigarsforwarriors has a local-ish drop off site.  Might have to make a trip down that way.
Now that would be very cool, way to go Will. very nice.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 28, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
'Cause he didn't like 'em anymore.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 09:43:17 PM
LAdC EE Corona.  May '12.  All kinds of cigar taste.
EE are one of the few cigars I held onto when clearing out my collection. The few I have are about 3 years in the humi. Do they age well?
Why did you, clear out your collection ?
'Cause he didn't like 'em anymore.
that makes sense too. I hate when I ask stupid questions .
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 09:44:35 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get to 18 for Oy today.
TWSS
We can do it,  yes we can!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:45:27 PM
1 page to go boys
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 09:47:47 PM
1 page to go boys
Well lets do this thing. twss.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 09:49:55 PM
1 page to go boys
Well lets do this thing. twss.
you wish!
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 09:51:55 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 09:56:21 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
im in a buying lull, don't have any itch to buy. I still have two boxes coming from BOTL and that has me feeling satisfied. I got a humi full of CC to age and plenty of NC to smoke as they age.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 09:59:10 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 10:07:56 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 10:11:01 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 10:12:03 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?

Yes.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 10:12:13 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?

No.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.

Indeed.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 10:12:58 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
don't know,  but CI has them in stock.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 10:20:53 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?
that was the JJ DD not the EE
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 10:24:19 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?
that was the JJ DD not the EE

Also a very good smoke.  Not as good as the EE, imo.  The JJ Maduro is an Atlantic exclusive now, I believe.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 10:28:05 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?
that was the JJ DD not the EE

Also a very good smoke.  Not as good as the EE, imo.  The JJ Maduro is an Atlantic exclusive now, I believe.
Will do you try that cigar ?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 10:31:03 PM
18 yet?
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
18 yet?
yuuuup 18
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 10:32:55 PM
Doesn't look like we're going to get to 18 for Oy today.
never give up
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on July 28, 2014, 10:33:19 PM
Thank you and good night.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: dogdays on July 28, 2014, 10:34:47 PM
Thank you and good night.
Good night Dave .
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 10:35:05 PM
Thank you and good night.
Bi David
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 10:35:43 PM
Hope we have a jam tomorrow,  I'm itching to buy some more seegars I don't need.
some LAdC EEs would be nice.  Haven't seen them on a jam in quite a while.
do they still make them?
Did the last jam have some ?
that was the JJ DD not the EE

Also a very good smoke.  Not as good as the EE, imo.  The JJ Maduro is an Atlantic exclusive now, I believe.
Will do you try that cigar ?

Which one?  The new JJ Maduro?  No.  I've tried the old one and I prefer the natural, but it isn't a bad smoke.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Fred Bumpus on July 28, 2014, 11:19:37 PM
LAdC EE robustos on sale at famous $4.95 a stick. 11 in cart with catsrule code with $1 shipping,  total is $46. Not to shabby imfo.
Title: Re: 7/28/2014
Post by: Wenglish on July 28, 2014, 11:35:32 PM