« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:41 PM »

Morning, all.  Crazy weekend, weather-wise and just in general with the in-laws.  Kinda sorta glad to be in the office.
Morning Joe. Narrowly averted disaster, here. Found out SIL will NOT be coming to stay with us for indefinite period of time. Whew!

Well, that's certainly good news.  Car is currently in the shop getting a side mirror re-attached.  FIL found a way to knock it off while helping us get a folding chair from the garage.  I'm over guests for a while.
Do you ever really get to the point where you say "You know...I could really go for some house guests for a few days, see what your parents are doing next weekend"

Good point.  The kids enjoy it... so there's that.  Be nice to go home to a 'quiet' house tonight, that's for sure.  Need to catch up on some beer drinking.
Yes, one of the hundreds of times parents "take one for the kids team". I would have thought you'd do plenty of beer drinking with them there

I went for the harder stuff!  Had some random stuff from Goose Island that the wife picked up from the store, and a St. Archer IPA (San Diego brewery) Saturday but none of the 'good stuff' you sent, not enough to go around.  Never got to that growler from Friday, either.
I had a Founder's Porter and a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale on Saturday in NYC, great burgers and beers at 5 Napkin Burger. Started the day with a Bloody at 9:30AM and basically drank the rest of the day. Actually the show was a blast, pleasantly surprised. The car service made the trip an absolute joy, the city was packed when we left at 5:30. I tried a Boulder Shake Choc Porter on tap, tasty stuff if you see it, lower abv
That sounds like a great day.  What show did you see?  Haven't been to 5Napkin in a long while.
Was it, Rock of Ages?
I believe it was.

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »

I'm out, golf tourney time.  Have fun at work green stars!  :P
Swing as hard as you can, don't worry about your score. We don't expect anything from Yellows
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »

[...]

Yes, Rock of Ages. My wife's request for her birthday. 5 Napkins for lunch, NY Beer Works between there and the show then back there after the show. Drinks at the show of course, geez
Did the wife have a good time too?

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »

[...]

Sounds like we're lucky you can even type in coherent sentences.
Right? There were 6 of us, we went separate ways to go to the bathroom at intermission and all came back with drinks for everyone

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »

[...]

Ha! Yes she had a great time

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »

We had tornado warnings this morning,  one touched down about 15 miles from here.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »

We had tornado warnings this morning,  one touched down about 15 miles from here.
That's close enough. Mornin' FB.

« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »

Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »

Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
See ya, Dave. Hope she's feeling better.

« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip

« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »

Out of here for today, gotta head home and take care of the wife. See youse guys in the am.

Hazzuh!
Later Dave, good luck
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.

Indeed, nice way to do it!  Make payments in advance so it doesn't crush anyone's bank account at the time of the trip.  Warden and I have actually been doing that for a cruise we plan to take next year.  Set a little aside every paycheck so we won't even notice it, but by the time we're ready to book the trip our bank account won't be affected at all.  In theory, anyway.