« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

So I just sent this out for modification from last year, the same 6 of us go to OBX each year. This is what we bought with us, we purchased beer down there. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
Enoigh to get you started at least  ;D, what's column 'C'?
Estimated cost, the girls collect monthly and I go shopping before the trip
I see, nicely done.

Indeed, nice way to do it!  Make payments in advance so it doesn't crush anyone's bank account at the time of the trip.  Warden and I have actually been doing that for a cruise we plan to take next year.  Set a little aside every paycheck so we won't even notice it, but by the time we're ready to book the trip our bank account won't be affected at all.  In theory, anyway.
Yeah it works out well. We start collecting at the New Year and have money for food and drinks that covers 90% of the vacation
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »

I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.

« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »

Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »

Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.

Sweet!!  As of now the only days I'd be available would be Monday or Friday.  Or Saturday.  I have classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, warden has class on Wednesday nights.  Hockey is Friday but earlier in the evening.

« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »

I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.
I broke out a Jaime Garcia Reserve on Friday thanks to you. Right up there with the Tat Fausto in strength but was really good
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »

I smoked three MOWPAs this weekend... so there was that.  Brought a fiver to a BBQ and smoked two there, and it was all I had available later in the weekend since the cabinet is in the room where my in-laws were sleeping.  It's AJ's best CI/affiliates exclusive cigar but the more I smoked them the less I thought of them.  They were from 2012, and while I wouldn't say they've lost anything, there just wasn't any depth to the flavors, if that makes sense.  Pepper.  Kind of a cedar and chocolate thing going on.  Just nothing particularly memorable or that I'd buy again.  I would put them at the upper end of the 'yard-gar' level of cigars.
I broke out a Jaime Garcia Reserve on Friday thanks to you. Right up there with the Tat Fausto in strength but was really good

Nice!  Yeah, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed that one.  Don't know why the low expectations, maybe just because it's always available at the DDA, Cigar Monster, and on Jams?

« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2014, 01:38:07 PM »

[...]

Yeah, not sure. I bought those before I ever had a MF but maybe that was just timing when they were always around. Not a cigar the guys talk about a lot either but I've always had at least a handful in my box. I smoked a Padron toro yesterday, #4000 maybe? Always loved his "core" stuff

« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »

Just booked a trip to JWacky's neighborhood for the week of August 18.  Hope we can coordinate an evening at Churchills.

Sweet!!  As of now the only days I'd be available would be Monday or Friday.  Or Saturday.  I have classes Tuesday and Thursday nights, warden has class on Wednesday nights.  Hockey is Friday but earlier in the evening.
Lets plan on Monday then.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »

[...]

Yeah, those 'core' Padrons tend to fly under the radar, too.  I always have the 2000 maduros on hand.  Good enough to stand alone, affordable enough to smoke while distracted by something else.  I actually think I prefer the JG to the MF.  Enjoy them both, and the only thing other than price that keeps me from smoking MFs more frequently is their strength.

« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »

[...]

I think the #4's are outstanding, I've actually only smoked (2) #1's and they surprisingly didn't do much for me. The Padron Delicias are a very good small smoke if you haven't tried tham

« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »

... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »

Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.

« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2014, 02:19:58 PM »

... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??

« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:05 PM »

Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
But you can get some decent prices on 2014s.....cheap as 2012 used cars.  My mom just got a 14 Camry for under 20K.  Ford also has some solid incentives. ...and I guess most others do as well.