CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: 7/28/2014  (Read 34280 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 7/28/2014
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »

Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
But you can get some decent prices on 2014s.....cheap as 2012 used cars.  My mom just got a 14 Camry for under 20K.  Ford also has some solid incentives. ...and I guess most others do as well.

Problem is that I'm such a cheap ass with anything non-cigars or -booze that I'd rather get something from '05-'07 for half of that.  And we really could use a slightly larger car.  Not too scared of gas prices since neither of us drive particularly far.  I would rather sell our car and pay almost all cash for something used for now. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »

... I've always had at least a handful in my box...
TWSS!
Fishy off fisting again??
I guess so.  His words, not mine.

sfish

« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:13 PM »

TWSS!
Are you thinking about Tony's ass again?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »

TWSS!
Are you thinking about Tony's ass again?
No way brah, crack kills.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »

Also get to spend $350+ in car repairs today, so that's cool.  Can't remember what our mechanic said the problem was but something 'exploded' and flooded the engine with gas.  Wouldn't start, had to be towed in.  Kinda hoping this is the end of our piece of shit Pontiac Grand Am, a car the wife insisted get way back when.  Now trying to convince her to just get an older, cheaper SUV or truck since the kids just beat the shit out of it, anyway.  She gets scared of anything with high mileage.  I get scared of anything with low mileage and a high price tag.
But you can get some decent prices on 2014s.....cheap as 2012 used cars.  My mom just got a 14 Camry for under 20K.  Ford also has some solid incentives. ...and I guess most others do as well.

Problem is that I'm such a cheap ass with anything non-cigars or -booze that I'd rather get something from '05-'07 for half of that.  And we really could use a slightly larger car.  Not too scared of gas prices since neither of us drive particularly far.  I would rather sell our car and pay almost all cash for something used for now.
Valid point until you have to start with the repair bills almost from day 1.  Other positive is that a number of dealers are offering interest of 1% or lower.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »

Valid point until you have to start with the repair bills almost from day 1.  Other positive is that a number of dealers are offering interest of 1% or lower.

Indeed.  Cheapest to just fix the car, obviously, but I'm getting tired of putting money in to that piece of crap!  May as well pay repair bills for a car I actually want to drive. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »

Should have just said it looks like a cigar and lit it!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:16 PM »

I was so pissed that ANOTHER thing went wrong with the car that I first told USAA to tow it in to the ocean.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »

I was so pissed that ANOTHER thing went wrong with the car that I first told USAA to tow it in to the ocean.
You wanted it towed to Atlantic Cigars in Folcroft, PA?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »

Sure. 

That was brutal... but it's Monday afternoon, maybe nobody will see that 'joke'.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #191 on: July 28, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »

Sure. 

That was brutal... but it's Monday afternoon, maybe nobody will see that 'joke'.
I could delete all traces of it but it's too much effort.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »

Sure. 

I won't tell anyone.....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »

Sure. 

Didn't see a thing...

dwgbryant

« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:03 PM »

alot of strange members that don't post.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18