Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »

Someone has finally figured out how to title the auctions on CBid.com... seems a lot easier to sort and get brands together. Not that I'm looking at anything in particular.
don't make me go back there, over $100 last week, about a $60 shipment this week, Most of it a new Stinky ashtray for the legion, either somebody stole the stinky Jr, or a bartender threw it away.  with the clientel we get, I'm betting it grew legs and walked.  Well at least they didn't drop it and break it like the ceramic ones.

lol. I know what you mean. Once you win something, it can get crazy.
I noticed a couple days ago. My typical "closing today", sort by Product looked a lot more organized. Makes it easier/faster to scroll though the list. I do wish it had a favorite watch list like the Famous auction, but this seems one step closer.

Do you do most of the cigar funding for the legion?
actually it's slowed down a lot now, some of the older cigar smokers passed away, I just buy stuff
from the money we collect at $2 a cigar from the humidor.  Last were some of the Villager bundles, and a fiver
of seductions and centurions.  we are probably set for a few months.  i use a gurkha spec ops hard case as the humidor,
they kept dropping and breaking the wooden ones.  if it were service members that were smoking, I'd fund the the refilling of the case, but mostly it is "guests" who like the lower drink prices,
 I buy the replacemnts, on the money in the humidor.

You are a good egg, Flipster. Most of those "guests" probably don't put in much of an offering.

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »

Someone has finally figured out how to title the auctions on CBid.com... seems a lot easier to sort and get brands together. Not that I'm looking at anything in particular.
don't make me go back there, over $100 last week, about a $60 shipment this week, Most of it a new Stinky ashtray for the legion, either somebody stole the stinky Jr, or a bartender threw it away.  with the clientel we get, I'm betting it grew legs and walked.  Well at least they didn't drop it and break it like the ceramic ones.
the long lost stinky Jr. last seen months ago at the legion.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »

Make a sign behind the bar, "Have you seen this ashtray?" Haha

Someone may have a guilty conscience....

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2016, 03:11:33 PM »

What a deal, SBC has 30% off ILLUSIONE Cigars. 30% off the over priced base price, bringing it back to a basic non-deal.

Afternoon, OyDave. What's the breakdown for S___ B___ Cigars? Can I buy a vowel?
Small Batch Cigars:  http://www.smallbatchcigar.com/

« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »

$60/box PC's still available at the Fu.  Chit, I bought another box for fishing cigars at that damn price.

Must have changed at some point. Obsidian White Noise over there now...
Must have but they were still up when I posted that.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »

What a deal, SBC has 30% off ILLUSIONE Cigars. 30% off the over priced base price, bringing it back to a basic non-deal.

Afternoon, OyDave. What's the breakdown for S___ B___ Cigars? Can I buy a vowel?
Small Batch Cigars:  http://www.smallbatchcigar.com/

Thanks, Mike... was just curious.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »

$60/box PC's still available at the Fu.  Chit, I bought another box for fishing cigars at that damn price.

Must have changed at some point. Obsidian White Noise over there now...
Must have but they were still up when I posted that.

There is still a link. I thought it would expire as a daily deal, it's good until the 11th... or until they run out, I guess.

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »

$60/box PC's still available at the Fu.  Chit, I bought another box for fishing cigars at that damn price.

Must have changed at some point. Obsidian White Noise over there now...
Must have but they were still up when I posted that.

There is still a link. I thought it would expire as a daily deal, it's good until the 11th... or until they run out, I guess.
A mighty fine yard gar at that price.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.

You'd think they were just giving stuff away. What's the tax rate there?

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.

You'd think they were just giving stuff away. What's the tax rate there?
About 8-8.5% depending on the school,district and fire district.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.

You'd think they were just giving stuff away. What's the tax rate there?
About 8-8.5% depending on the school,district and fire district.

That's not as bad as I would have thought for a no income tax state. Ours is 6%, with some reductions for "necessities" like food and clothing. Not your high dollar designer stuff, mind you.

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:25 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.
You'd think they were just giving stuff away. What's the tax rate there?
About 8-8.5% depending on the school,district and fire district.
That's not as bad as I would have thought for a no income tax state. Ours is 6%, with some reductions for "necessities" like food and clothing. Not your high dollar designer stuff, mind you.
They get you on the property taxes.  Plus there's a business income tax euphemistically called "margins tax" so our political heroes can keep saying Texas has no state income tax.

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2016, 03:37:51 PM »

Happy Friday afternoon, gents.  Nica Rustica and coffee.  Been a long week.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12