CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: 8/5/2016  (Read 14944 times)

Threebean

Re: 8/5/2016
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2016, 03:59:37 PM »

Happy Friday afternoon, gents.  Nica Rustica and coffee.  Been a long week.
Afternoon, Mark. Tell Dave if he should buy these San Andreas...
Indeed.  I'm tempted as well, though the shipping is a stickler, even with the reddit10.  Guess you could put them in your cart and hope they last until first of the month $1 shipping.
Buy 2 and shipping is free then save about $17 with Reddit.  They sold out of the Rbustos in about 5 minutes.
Well schitt, they're gone.  Oh well have the robs to enjoy.

Threebean

« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

People and those resembling people are so Fuk'n stupid it is sickening.

You'd think they were just giving stuff away. What's the tax rate there?
About 8-8.5% depending on the school,district and fire district.
That's not as bad as I would have thought for a no income tax state. Ours is 6%, with some reductions for "necessities" like food and clothing. Not your high dollar designer stuff, mind you.
what, We have income tax, and pay 7% sales tax in New Jersey  i think it's 8% in NYC, and they have state and City Income taxes!
Well, it's New Jersey, so yeah...

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »

Back to school tax free weekend here and there is a huge outlet center right on the Interstate south of here about 1/3.of the way to San Antonio.  At noon the traffic was backed up 2-3 miles in both directions with cars trying to exit.

That's not as bad as I would have thought for a no income tax state. Ours is 6%, with some reductions for "necessities" like food and clothing. Not your high dollar designer stuff, mind you.
what, We have income tax, and pay 7% sales tax in New Jersey  i think it's 8% in NYC, and they have state and City Income taxes!
Well, it's New Jersey, so yeah...
And that is among the many reasons NOT TO LIVE THERE!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2016, 04:04:55 PM »

Indeed.  I'm tempted as well, though the shipping is a stickler, even with the reddit10.  Guess you could put them in your cart and hope they last until first of the month $1 shipping.
Buy 2 and shipping is free then save about $17 with Reddit.  They sold out of the Rbustos in about 5 minutes.
Did not figure they would last long.  I got 2 boxes delivered for $148.50.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2016, 04:06:24 PM »

Did not figure they would last long.  I got 2 boxes delivered for $148.50.

More for the Room 101 tub

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »

It is Float'n & Smok'n time!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »

Monday is FDA D-Day so they better be gettin new cigars to market.  Would not think introducing them at the conference qualifies but guess they know.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

They get you on the property taxes.  Plus there's a business income tax euphemistically called "margins tax" so our political heroes can keep saying Texas has no state income tax.
Up here it's called Business and Operations tax, and the number of businesses that get snared by it is positively sickening. The tax is owed on gross revenue, not net profit, so doesn't matter if you're losing money, you owe the tax. People don't get it.

Threebean

« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2016, 04:33:11 PM »

They get you on the property taxes.  Plus there's a business income tax euphemistically called "margins tax" so our political heroes can keep saying Texas has no state income tax.
Up here it's called Business and Operations tax, and the number of businesses that get snared by it is positively sickening. The tax is owed on gross revenue, not net profit, so doesn't matter if you're losing money, you owe the tax. People don't get it.
That's exactly how it works here.  Your effort is taxed.  F'n commies.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:11 PM »

That's exactly how it works here.  Your effort is taxed.  F'n commies.
That's what nails so many businesses. Retail places get it, because they just tack it on to the sale. But service people don't seem to understand that if a customer pays for your labor, you owe 2.5% to the state. Period.

Commie, indeed.

Taxation is theft.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2016, 05:01:28 PM »

Good evening gents. I saw a pretty funny billboard this evening. Wish I had a photo for ya. It was for a local realtor. It had Trump and Clinton's images on one side and on the other it asked, "looking to sell your house and move to Canada? I can help."

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »

Good evening gents. I saw a pretty funny billboard this evening. Wish I had a photo for ya. It was for a local realtor. It had Trump and Clinton's images on one side and on the other it asked, "looking to sell your house and move to Canada? I can help."
Evening Mayor, that is funny.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »

Float'n & Smok'n with a Jericho Hill and Tito's

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member