CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: 5/25/2016  (Read 24401 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 5/25/2016
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »

NJDave, what's a good price on a box of La Hacienda Superiores By Warped?
Regular box price is $169, Atlantic VIP price is $137.  Haven't seen them any better than that.
$115 at Famous Bid with under 3 hours left, no bids yet
Do I need to say it???
I think you do, I have no idea what you're going to say
Go for it!  I don't do Famous Bid, and have to pause after a big weekend Room 101 purchase and Devil spree.
Me too, won a box of CLE Cuarenta Corona Gordas on the devil and split PC's with a friend
At under $130 I would gladly spit that box of Warps with you if interested.
Don't I remember a comment not to long ago about a simple Texas/Louisiana boy that doesn't know nothin' about no fancy Warped  and RoMa Craft cigars???
Entirely possible except was more like 6-8 months ago I think and since then being the open minded person I am I have purchased about 40 of them and smoked a half dozen or so and enjoyed them  - So There GFY as Bean would say.
That new "open mindedness" must be due to the fru-fru off site work shops.  You must have been swayed by the masks and costumes.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »

For LTG, this deal keeps getting better:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/107031/ramon-bueso-olancho-vintage-torpedo/#p-210675

Includes $20 gift card
He would thank you, but he's on the phone ordering up now!
By Friday they will be paying him to take some.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »

Regular box price is $169, Atlantic VIP price is $137.  Haven't seen them any better than that.
Do I need to say it???
Go for it!  I don't do Famous Bid, and have to pause after a big weekend Room 101 purchase and Devil spree.
Me too, won a box of CLE Cuarenta Corona Gordas on the devil and split PC's with a friend
Don't I remember a comment not to long ago about a simple Texas/Louisiana boy that doesn't know nothin' about no fancy Warped  and RoMa Craft cigars???
Entirely possible except was more like 6-8 months ago I think and since then being the open minded person I am I have purchased about 40 of them and smoked a half dozen or so and enjoyed them  - So There GFY as Bean would say.
That new "open mindedness" must be due to the fru-fru off site work shops.  You must have been swayed by the masks and costumes.
I have always been very willing to buy and try new-to-me cigars.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »

Do I need to say it???
Indeed
And indeed I did not know anything about them other than having heard the names at that time.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2016, 01:05:32 PM »

Do I need to say it???
Just can't do it at the moment Tex, I'm at capacity and will need to play Tetris to fit the CLEs
No problem, just in case you were interested in some enabling help.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2016, 01:06:03 PM »

Famous sales are now beyond laughable,  latest being a Drew Estate Sale where they are offering Nica Rustica's at a higher price than on the Mash this week and without  Free Shipping.
Holy Shit even worse than I thought but a real deal.

Nica Rusticas on the Mash @ $19/5 pak  and they normally qualify for the catsrule discount.
Retirement humi time, stock up!
I am about overstocked up but could not resist that or the Holts Cain Deal.

No problem avoiding the Flash Bangs on the Jam though.  Been up for at least 30-45 minutes without the bar moving any
They weren't Flash Bangs, they were Napalms
Napalms are on the Mash and Flash Bangs were definitely on the Jam.
Well, my eyes and numerous other body parts may not be functioning as they should, but I remember Jam Napalms, and the DOD tracker confirms it.  http://www.todaysdod.com/jam/
Sheesh, look a the bottom of the label, picture was taken from the DOD.
they do tell you to ignore the pictures, and to go by the description.
how many have ignored that they were buying a five pack, when it pictured 10 cigars....  8)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »

Do I need to say it???
i can't believe it, You have a friend?  :o  just funning with you kid.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »

Famous sales are now beyond laughable,  latest being a Drew Estate Sale where they are offering Nica Rustica's at a higher price than on the Mash this week and without  Free Shipping.
Holy Shit even worse than I thought but a real deal.

Nica Rusticas on the Mash @ $19/5 pak  and they normally qualify for the catsrule discount.
Retirement humi time, stock up!
I am about overstocked up but could not resist that or the Holts Cain Deal.

No problem avoiding the Flash Bangs on the Jam though.  Been up for at least 30-45 minutes without the bar moving any
They weren't Flash Bangs, they were Napalms
Napalms are on the Mash and Flash Bangs were definitely on the Jam.
Well, my eyes and numerous other body parts may not be functioning as they should, but I remember Jam Napalms, and the DOD tracker confirms it.  http://www.todaysdod.com/jam/
Sheesh, look a the bottom of the label, picture was taken from the DOD.
they do tell you to ignore the pictures, and to go by the description.
how many have ignored that they were buying a five pack, when it pictured 10 cigars....  8)
True but they were Flash Bangs, I looked at them 3 times waiting for the next item to show up and besides if they were Napalms I would have bought some.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2016, 01:25:22 PM »

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/107031/ramon-bueso-olancho-vintage-torpedo/#p-210675

Includes $20 gift card
Lol, was reading on my lunch break, but now that I'm back, can't pass that up any longer. Even the free shipping link works in concert with it, so that's a no brainer. Thanks, Fishy!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:12 PM »

Includes $20 gift card
Lol, was reading on my lunch break, but now that I'm back, can't pass that up any longer. Even the free shipping link works in concert with it, so that's a no brainer. Thanks, Fishy!
And at the same time you are kicking the FDA in the nuts at no extra charge!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »

Includes $20 gift card
And at the same time you are kicking the FDA in the nuts!
Always a plus!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:59 PM »

New cigars should be filling the shelves very soon to avoid the August deadline, unfortunately I would venture to say many if not most of them will be released well ahead of their prime.  Hmmmm, sounds like most Cubans now days.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »

New cigars should be filling the shelves very soon to avoid the August deadline, unfortunately I would venture to say many if not most of them will be released well ahead of their prime.  Hmmmm, sounds like most Cubans now days.
Will they? The way I understood the rule, anything introduced between 2007 and August will still be subject to the approval process that they say will cost $150k.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

Will they? The way I understood the rule, anything introduced between 2007 and August will still be subject to the approval process that they say will cost $150k.
If introduced between February 15, 2007 and August (7TH I think it is) 2016 the Manufacturer will have 2 years  to submit an application and would be able to keep the products on the market until the FDA Denies the application.   

If introduced after the effective August date then they will have to apply and have them tested prior to putting them on the market, thus there could be a 3-6 month or longer lull before you see a new cigar after August.

For a new introduction with multiple vitolas (each and every vitola has to be tested)the cost could push $1 million plus and it is expected the minimum total cost for a single new vitola could be as much as $350,000.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

A little FDA side note:  The FDA has moved at a slow rate responding to current applications from other tobacco products, responding to just 34 of an estimated 4,000 applications and approving only one single product.

There are approximately 10,000 individual cigars sold today the majority of which would require testing and approval.   Have to get Raz to do the math on how long that will take as it is a Black Hole!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18