CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: 5/25/2016  (Read 24384 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 5/25/2016
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2016, 01:58:13 PM »

Boss showed up got to meet now I guess.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2016, 01:59:41 PM »

New cigars should be filling the shelves very soon to avoid the August deadline, unfortunately I would venture to say many if not most of them will be released well ahead of their prime.  Hmmmm, sounds like most Cubans now days.
Will they? The way I understood the rule, anything introduced between 2007 and August will still be subject to the approval process that they say will cost $150k.
If introduced between February 15, 2007 and August (7TH I think it is) 2016 the Manufacturer will have 2 years  to submit an application and would be able to keep the products on the market until the FDA Denies the application.   

If introduced after the effective August date then they will have to apply and have them tested prior to putting them on the market, thus there could be a 3-6 month or longer lull before you see a new cigar after August.

For a new introduction with multiple vitolas (each and every vitola has to be tested)the cost could push $1 million plus and it is expected the minimum total cost for a single new vitola could be as much as $350,000.
Either way, good timing on finishing up your retirement tub.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »

New cigars should be filling the shelves very soon to avoid the August deadline, unfortunately I would venture to say many if not most of them will be released well ahead of their prime.  Hmmmm, sounds like most Cubans now days.
Will they? The way I understood the rule, anything introduced between 2007 and August will still be subject to the approval process that they say will cost $150k.
If introduced between February 15, 2007 and August (7TH I think it is) 2016 the Manufacturer will have 2 years  to submit an application and would be able to keep the products on the market until the FDA Denies the application.   

If introduced after the effective August date then they will have to apply and have them tested prior to putting them on the market, thus there could be a 3-6 month or longer lull before you see a new cigar after August.

For a new introduction with multiple vitolas (each and every vitola has to be tested)the cost could push $1 million plus and it is expected the minimum total cost for a single new vitola could be as much as $350,000.
Never know, the onslaught of law suits may change things but this being in the works was mostly why I did that.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »

Only a 2 minute  meeting, not bad.  Just wanted to thank me for taking care of something for him.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »

Never know, the onslaught of law suits may change things but this being in the works was mostly why I did that.
I sure they come around, I just can't imagine a world where they would willingly vote to kill small businesses with no due cause. But that's the government for ya.

sfish

« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2016, 02:16:46 PM »

Later boys, see you tomorrow

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »

Later Fish, have a good evening.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2016, 02:20:16 PM »

Ditto, hazzuh!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2016, 02:22:50 PM »

Ditto, hazzuh!
Have a good evening Golf

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2016, 02:24:36 PM »

Sheesh, everybody going home I thought it was about 2:30 or so and it is only 1:25!  Dammit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »

But there is a three year transition period, so they can sell the shit out of them and deplete stocks by fall of 2019.  By then this will have been rescinded and won't matter.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2016, 02:43:20 PM »

Damn, you would think these guys have a cigar, adult beverage and some afternoon delight promised for hi tailin' it out of here so early...Dean has competition.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »

Where the heck is CB?  He's like three posts from 5K.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »

But there is a three year transition period, so they can sell the shit out of them and deplete stocks by fall of 2019.  By then this will have been rescinded and won't matter.
Either way they will use it to jack up prices as they have already begun doing

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »

I hate to say it, but examples like this have to be why people in other countries laugh at Americans.

Now Ohio State researchers claim that “tight hip flexors and weak gluteal muscles” from not getting enough exercise, sitting too much, or sleeping in the fetal position can cause unnecessary strain on surrounding muscles that may lead to chronic knee, hip, and back pain.
They’ve decided to call this “Dormant Butt Syndrome” or DBS.

DBS, however real it might be, just sounds like BS thanks to the name they chose.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18