« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »

I been shopping retirement property to build on.
Thought you were moving to SC.
I am but got to have some place to move to!
Looking at flat or mountainous terrain?
I'm planning on the mountains...or at least Piedmont part of the state...4.5 hours from Tex.
Does not get much prettier than the Cliff's!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/26/2016
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »

I been shopping retirement property to build on.
Thought you were moving to SC.
I am but got to have some place to move to!
Looking at flat or mountainous terrain?
inland or beachfront, mosquitoes or hurricanes?
Coastal not beachfront.  Probably marsh front or river front.
marsh front may make you battle skeeties on a regular basis.  little blood sucking bastards.
That's why we've got cigars!
Sheesh, silly me!

« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2016, 03:25:57 PM »

I been shopping retirement property to build on.
Thought you were moving to SC.
I am but got to have some place to move to!
Looking at flat or mountainous terrain?
inland or beachfront, mosquitoes or hurricanes?
Coastal not beachfront.  Probably marsh front or river front.
marsh front may make you battle skeeties on a regular basis.  little blood sucking bastards.
That's why we've got cigars!
Sheesh, silly me!
And screen wire

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
Most likely is and I figured they already had a pee dee road so just shortened it up.

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2016, 03:28:20 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Not quite the same as Old Pisser, but close.

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:46 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
Most likely is and I figured they already had a pee dee road so just shortened it up.
Probably dozens of Pee Dee Roads, they're not real original when it comes to naming conventions.  Just go to Atlanta...what road doesn't have "Peach" in the name?

« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2016, 03:37:28 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
Most likely is and I figured they already had a pee dee road so just shortened it up.
Probably dozens of Pee Dee Roads, they're not real original when it comes to naming conventions.  Just go to Atlanta...what road doesn't have "Peach" in the name?
MLK does not have a Peach on either end ;D

« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2016, 03:41:06 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
And while we're at it, a little regional history lesson....
The lower part of the river is named Pee Dee (in colonial times written Pedee) after the Native American Pee Dee tribe.

The Pee Dee River was the original river for Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home" (commonly known by its first line, "Way down upon the Swanee River"). Why he changed the name of the river in his final version of the song is a subject of much speculation.

And lets not forget we have the Little Pee Dee tributary as well.

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
And while we're at it, a little regional history lesson....
The lower part of the river is named Pee Dee (in colonial times written Pedee) after the Native American Pee Dee tribe.

The Pee Dee River was the original river for Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home" (commonly known by its first line, "Way down upon the Swanee River"). Why he changed the name of the river in his final version of the song is a subject of much speculation.

And lets not forget we have the Little Pee Dee tributary as well.
Damn, you filling in for Raz today?

« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

Sure as hell to cold for me to smoke a cigar today!

« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
Most likely is and I figured they already had a pee dee road so just shortened it up.
Probably dozens of Pee Dee Roads, they're not real original when it comes to naming conventions.  Just go to Atlanta...what road doesn't have "Peach" in the name?
MLK does not have a Peach on either end ;D
And they still call Georgia the Peach State even though SC grows more peaches, wacha gonna do?

« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »

WTF is Bean today?  Maybe trying to get the Crown Molding Splinters out of his gazoo.

« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
And while we're at it, a little regional history lesson....
The lower part of the river is named Pee Dee (in colonial times written Pedee) after the Native American Pee Dee tribe.

The Pee Dee River was the original river for Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home" (commonly known by its first line, "Way down upon the Swanee River"). Why he changed the name of the river in his final version of the song is a subject of much speculation.

And lets not forget we have the Little Pee Dee tributary as well.
Damn, you filling in for Raz today?
With all the absences, I gotta do a lot of filling in today... :-\