CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 1/26/2016  (Read 18088 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 1/26/2016
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
Seems appropriate.  Probably an association with the Pee Dee River.
And while we're at it, a little regional history lesson....
The lower part of the river is named Pee Dee (in colonial times written Pedee) after the Native American Pee Dee tribe.

The Pee Dee River was the original river for Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home" (commonly known by its first line, "Way down upon the Swanee River"). Why he changed the name of the river in his final version of the song is a subject of much speculation.

And lets not forget we have the Little Pee Dee tributary as well.
Damn, you filling in for Raz today?
Y'all need to make up your minds.  If I complain about something, I'm whining. If I say something intelligent I get this.  And God forbid I say something in Spanish. 

Hanging around here is starting to remind me of work.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »

Nice little smoke. More powerful than I'd imagined. Thanks, NJDave.

Matilde Oscuro corona

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »

I have looked at a piece of property in Georgetown County and just have to give it extra points for the Street Name which I would love to put down as my address!

Located on Old Pee Road
The lower part of the river is named Pee Dee (in colonial times written Pedee) after the Native American Pee Dee tribe.

The Pee Dee River was the original river for Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home" (commonly known by its first line, "Way down upon the Swanee River"). Why he changed the name of the river in his final version of the song is a subject of much speculation.

Y'all need to make up your minds.  If I complain about something, I'm whining. If I say something intelligent I get this.  And God forbid I say something in Spanish. 

...or being married... ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »

Holy Sheesh it was traffic hell today, just got home.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »

Matilde Oscuro corona

It's a good one, enjoy!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2016, 05:41:24 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

Shit Happens.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

The two differences here of course is 1) you are always welcome to (if not encouraged)to tell anyone who gives you shit to GFY, and 2) No one really cares, so you are more than welcome to continue with any behavior you prefer.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:09 PM »

Matilde Oscuro corona

It's a good one, enjoy!
I really like it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2016, 05:49:02 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

The two differences here of course is 1) you are always welcome to (if not encouraged)to tell anyone who gives you shit to GFY, and 2) No one really cares, so you are more than welcome to continue with any behavior you prefer.
Esa es la verdad.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

Esa es la verdad.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

Esa es la verdad.
I think this is where I'm supposed to tell you to GFY.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2016, 06:09:07 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road

Esa es la verdad.
I think this is where I'm supposed to tell you to GFY.
And I think I am supposed to say Thank You May I Have Another Please.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2016, 06:11:48 PM »

Barrett-Jackson Car Auction week, fun to watch for me!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:16 PM »

night boys....

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2016, 06:30:30 PM »

Located on Old Pee Road
Most likely is and I figured they already had a pee dee road so just shortened it up.
Probably dozens of Pee Dee Roads, they're not real original when it comes to naming conventions.  Just go to Atlanta...what road doesn't have "Peach" in the name?
MLK does not have a Peach on either end ;D
And they still call Georgia the Peach State even though SC grows more peaches, wacha gonna do?
Ever driven through Gaffney SC (on I 85 after you cross into SC from NC) and seen "The Peach"
Just waxing a little nostalgic this afternoon.
Yep, makes me want to get the hell out of here and over there.
No Kidding!
Nice snowblower.  Wait!  Let me go check the garage!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16