« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2015, 11:37:45 AM »

I am just getting toooo old I guess but wondering if I am the only one so old as to find something not right about this.

We have what used to be a small  cafateria/snack shop in our building but now it is just a bunch of vending machines and i was checking out what all they had, IE fun'n off.   I saw some clear drinks that I did not recognize what they were so took a closer look.   Bottled mineral water with a funny looking label Topo Chico.  Yep my friends we are importing bottled water from Mexico, bottle clearly read bottled in Mexico.  Now is it just me or have times changed to much that rather than "don't drink the water" we are charging money for the sewage to drink now? ???
YIKES!  I have to agree, bizarre!
if you like that, find out if we should bottle the water in the Gowanus Canal for your vending machines....
If it comes from something named "Gowanus," I don't want it.
Looks a little too close to Cow Anus for my comfort.
LMFAO, once again I offer a bitartison agreement with Golf on that one..

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »

Nice Padron 88 Samplers up but almost gone.  I grabbed up two of them, one for me and one for the boy.  What better than a Padron 64 e-herf to celebrate his new law license.

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2015, 11:44:27 AM »

Nice Padron 88 Samplers up but almost gone.  I grabbed up two of them, one for me and one for the boy.
Was it the 0% savings that pushed you over the edge?

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »

Nice Padron 88 Samplers up but almost gone.  I grabbed up two of them, one for me and one for the boy.
Was it the 0% savings that pushed you over the edge?
Now you know me - FS does it every time. ;)   Not a bad 0% deal really as they are all right good cigars, bought one a while back and was pleased.

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »

La Gloria Cubana - Wavells
5 CIGARS (31% savings!)
MSRP:  $18.01 FS

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »

BTW, Good morning all. just a quick sanity check this morning...
Good morning Flip.  Sanity check HERE?  Only proves you're insane!
I never rode my motorcycle in the rain, hell I don't have a motorcycle, but I have walked through the combat zone alone in Boston before.
So have I.  But remember, Billy said he was stranded in the Combat Zone.  It was Bedford-Stuyvesant where he walked alone.  ;-)

Morning, muchachos.  Long, hard, spendy weekend.  Had to drive to Idaho, move the boy out of his dorm room, then change an alternator in the 'Burb, then the a-frame jack on the trailer jammed so I had to remove it and jack the trailer up with a bottle jack and jack stands, then long drive home.  I had to come to work to get some rest.
the Combat Zone has the strip clubs, as long as you have singles not that bad a place... had to travel through Bedford-Stuyvesant on the subway late at night sometimes to get to my car parked by Brooklyn college, from work in midtown Manhattan.  not that often though, and it was 1979 - 1980.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 5/18/2015
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »

BTW, Good morning all. just a quick sanity check this morning...
Good morning Flip.  Sanity check HERE?  Only proves you're insane!
I never rode my motorcycle in the rain, hell I don't have a motorcycle, but I have walked through the combat zone alone in Boston before.
So have I.  But remember, Billy said he was stranded in the Combat Zone.  It was Bedford-Stuyvesant where he walked alone.  ;-)

Morning, muchachos.  Long, hard, spendy weekend.  Had to drive to Idaho, move the boy out of his dorm room, then change an alternator in the 'Burb, then the a-frame jack on the trailer jammed so I had to remove it and jack the trailer up with a bottle jack and jack stands, then long drive home.  I had to come to work to get some rest.
Morning Raz!  Ouch, I'm tired just reading about it......

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »

Nice Padron 88 Samplers up but almost gone.  I grabbed up two of them, one for me and one for the boy.
Was it the 0% savings that pushed you over the edge?
Always works to peak my interest.

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »

BTW, Good morning all. just a quick sanity check this morning...
Good morning Flip.  Sanity check HERE?  Only proves you're insane!
I never rode my motorcycle in the rain, hell I don't have a motorcycle, but I have walked through the combat zone alone in Boston before.
So have I.  But remember, Billy said he was stranded in the Combat Zone.  It was Bedford-Stuyvesant where he walked alone.  ;-)

Morning, muchachos.  Long, hard, spendy weekend.  Had to drive to Idaho, move the boy out of his dorm room, then change an alternator in the 'Burb, then the a-frame jack on the trailer jammed so I had to remove it and jack the trailer up with a bottle jack and jack stands, then long drive home.  I had to come to work to get some rest.
Morning Raz!  Ouch, I'm tired just reading about it......
Morning Raz, been there done that several  times and if some crap did not break you would not think you really did it.

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »

[...]

As a semi-pro musician, one-time urban school bus driver, one-time social worker (shush, Tex), and a former school district IT guy, I'm accustomed to being in sketchy neighborhoods.  So not much intimidates me about them.  But Cabrini-Green in Chicago was another matter.  A walk through there in the early '90's scared the bejeezus out of me.  That's the only place that ever rattled me.  Even the south side of Chicago didn't rattle me, and a whole class of Chicagoan tech students tried to talk me out of going there.  But Cabrini-Green? I'm glad it's been bulldozed.

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »

BTW, Good morning all. just a quick sanity check this morning...
Good morning Flip.  Sanity check HERE?  Only proves you're insane!
I never rode my motorcycle in the rain, hell I don't have a motorcycle, but I have walked through the combat zone alone in Boston before.
So have I.  But remember, Billy said he was stranded in the Combat Zone.  It was Bedford-Stuyvesant where he walked alone.  ;-)

Morning, muchachos.  Long, hard, spendy weekend.  Had to drive to Idaho, move the boy out of his dorm room, then change an alternator in the 'Burb, then the a-frame jack on the trailer jammed so I had to remove it and jack the trailer up with a bottle jack and jack stands, then long drive home.  I had to come to work to get some rest.
Morning Raz!  Ouch, I'm tired just reading about it......
This was on top of installing a new electromagnet in one of the trailer wheels before the trip, along with washing and de-winterizing the trailer.  Been a brutal six days, and going to be a couple more getting ready for next weekend's trip.  But that'll be a three-day weekend, and if I can just get lucky and have nothing break, I'll be able to really relax.

This week I have to obtain the new jack and install it, and run a plumbing-snake through my shower drain.  Fun times.

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »

[...]

Indeed, and my hard work, torn up hands and arms, and driving earned me serious points with the warden.  And a rather enjoyable bedtime last night.  So I'm not complaining.

Damn, now I sound like Dean again.  Shit.

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2015, 12:18:40 PM »

I thought this might have been Flip's doing, until I read the article.  Now I'm sure it was Tex.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/911-memorial-evacuated-due-chemical-smell-fountain-article-1.2225760

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »

BTW, Good morning all. just a quick sanity check this morning...
Good morning Flip.  Sanity check HERE?  Only proves you're insane!
I never rode my motorcycle in the rain, hell I don't have a motorcycle, but I have walked through the combat zone alone in Boston before.
So have I.  But remember, Billy said he was stranded in the Combat Zone.  It was Bedford-Stuyvesant where he walked alone.  ;-)

Morning, muchachos.  Long, hard, spendy weekend.  Had to drive to Idaho, move the boy out of his dorm room, then change an alternator in the 'Burb, then the a-frame jack on the trailer jammed so I had to remove it and jactk the trailer up with a bottle jack and jack stands, then long drive home.  I had to come to work to get some rest.
Morning Raz!  Ouch, I'm tired just reading about it......
Morning Raz, been there done that several  times and if some crap did not break you would not think you really did it.
Indeed, and my hard work, torn up hands and arms, and driving earned me serious points with the warden.  And a rather enjoyable bedtime last night.  So I'm not complaining.

Damn, now I sound like Dean again.  Shit.
Are deadbeat stories next?

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2015, 12:46:00 PM »

I thought this might have been Flip's doing, until I read the article.  Now I'm sure it was Tex.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/911-memorial-evacuated-due-chemical-smell-fountain-article-1.2225760
have not been there yet, so it wasn't me....