Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

OMG! (because that's what young people say).  Perhaps I should turn off the Food Network.  They just showed a lasagne grilled cheese sandwich made at a Cleveland restaurant called MELT.  I need to get to Ohio, stat!
Tony, you have no idea how amazing that place is. In fact, I just had it about a week or so ago.
Just what he needs Food Enabling!
Here's their best sammitch, usually only pops up as a special once or twice a year:

February 22nd – 28th
 The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Melt
 Hickory Smoked Bacon, Black Pepper Crusted Slab Cut Bacon, Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Italian Pancetta, Herb Cream Cheese with Bacon Bits, In-house made Bacon infused Mayonnaise, Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Romaine and Sliced Tomato
You may need to get that To Go, cut out a step and just eat it in the Emergency Room
You're right about that, but it's so damned delicious I don't care.
Crown Candy Company in St Louis makes a 1 pound bacon sandwich OMG it is good with their killer milkshakes.  For those that watch Man vs Food it is the place where he tried to drink 5 or 6 milkshakes and puked.  I had a chocolate malt with the bacon sandwich and had a mild stroke a few days later  spending 2 days in the hospital.
Yikes. Man v. Food did Melt, too. He did the Melt Challenge:

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw.  Over 5 lbs. of food!
If I drove all the way out there, I'd have to try that.  What's the time limit?
Nothing listed on the site, but on the show, I think they gave him an hour. Not allowed any trips to the bathroom, either.
I think I can handle that one.  I wouldn't even attempt this one...
http://www.fatsalsdeli.com/Big-Fat-Fatty.aspx
Time constraints screw me.  I like to enjoy my food.  I don't want to shovel shit into my mouth.
Not a fan of slaw myself, so I wouldn't even try. But every time I catch that episode, I immediately want to go there. The worst part for me is picking which sammitch to get, since they've got a lot of good ones.
Is that the place with one here in Austin?
No, that's Melt. They're only in OH, 4 or 5 locations, I think.
I was referring to Fat Sals
Then you should've responded to his comment, not mine. Maybe you need to go back to the old guys banter? ;)
I will be more careful in the future don't want to be demoted to a Yellowstar. ::)
//afternoon men, been reading about the old banter and the young banter, I guess  I don't qualify to hang out here due to my age , lol
Good afternoon Short Stack, you qualify for all Banters!  Nice to hear from you.
//Thank You., There is more truth in your posting under your avi than one can realize until you get on in years,I can attest first hand,Never sick a day until I reached 60 and it's been down hll from there on,
I'm more like things are starting to wear out.  Like, "where's that darn squeaking sound coming from...?"  Then you realize it's you..!
//Don't worry until You hear bones and stuff grinding and then You know you are wearing things out,I have both knees replaced
I've got that grinding sound the back of my neck.  It sort of sounds like little rocks rubbing together.  I've been holding off, but I assume at some point it will start pinching nerves and I'll have to do something about it.
//Darn ,is there a doc in the house?
You may think I'm crazy, but I believe my neck problem is from eating too much pussy.  20-25 minutes 3 times a week for 40 years.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *

[...]

I can't top that !

[...]

Yeah I lived it to the max when I was young and I feel it now.  Say you buy chance going to be at the beach around March 18 or 19?
Probably not I have  a ticker check on the 19th .
OK, I will be there that week for my sons wedding thought if you were there we might could get together.
/That would be great sorry to miss out,But I have a pacemaker have to get it checked every three months cause I am totally dependent on it if the battery goes I go so I don't miss those appoint.I want to hang a while longer
Yeah that sounds like a good idea to make that appointment on time.
Logged

[...]

My wife may want me to get a pacemaker in my neck to keep it twitching..? :)

[...]

I can't either but wish I could!  Dad you drunk again?
[...]

Nope, only had one cup of coffee earlier with about a shot of 40 proof Amaretto in it.  So I'm fine.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

I think it's time for a little break.  Be back later.

I think it's time for a little break.  Be back later.
Enjoy your nap

Jericho Hill from my recent Fish special order lit.  Nice out but wind blowing like hell.

[...]

Travellin Dave is the closest thing we got to one but he is just a quack at best.
For sure!

[...]

yea, but you're the only one around here that can do pull ups with your tongue.

[...]

But perhaps you could fix Dad's neck before I die laughing.

Jericho Hill from my recent Fish special order lit.  Nice out but wind blowing like hell.
Just don't let the wind smoke your cigar for you.

Jericho Hill from my recent Fish special order lit.  Nice out but wind blowing like hell.
Just don't let the wind smoke your cigar for you.
Does speed up the burn.  Good Cigar.

Drone Cigar Delivery "Right To Your Hole"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWd_k6XdS1k

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18