CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: 2/7/2015  (Read 48557 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 2/7/2015
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2015, 01:26:22 PM »

If anybody's interested in Tat Jeckylls there are a couple boxes on Famous bid site for $80 with 45 min left. Can probably be had for close to that, maybe $85 by close
$5.99 economy shipping must be chosen if you bid
You buyin'?  Or biddin'?
I was but bailed out, still $78.04 under 30 min but I can't buy any more stuff
My two humidors are packed...  I was afraid I would not be able to get these last 5 San Lotanos Ovals into them.  Thank goodness my one humidor has about a 3"- 4" gap from the top tray to the lid.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »

OMG! (because that's what young people say).  Perhaps I should turn off the Food Network.  They just showed a lasagne grilled cheese sandwich made at a Cleveland restaurant called MELT.  I need to get to Ohio, stat!
Tony, you have no idea how amazing that place is. In fact, I just had it about a week or so ago.
Just what he needs Food Enabling!
Here's their best sammitch, usually only pops up as a special once or twice a year:

February 22nd – 28th
 The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon Melt
 Hickory Smoked Bacon, Black Pepper Crusted Slab Cut Bacon, Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Italian Pancetta, Herb Cream Cheese with Bacon Bits, In-house made Bacon infused Mayonnaise, Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Romaine and Sliced Tomato
You may need to get that To Go, cut out a step and just eat it in the Emergency Room
You're right about that, but it's so damned delicious I don't care.
Crown Candy Company in St Louis makes a 1 pound bacon sandwich OMG it is good with their killer milkshakes.  For those that watch Man vs Food it is the place where he tried to drink 5 or 6 milkshakes and puked.  I had a chocolate malt with the bacon sandwich and had a mild stroke a few days later  spending 2 days in the hospital.
Yikes. Man v. Food did Melt, too. He did the Melt Challenge:

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw.  Over 5 lbs. of food!
If I drove all the way out there, I'd have to try that.  What's the time limit?
Nothing listed on the site, but on the show, I think they gave him an hour. Not allowed any trips to the bathroom, either.
I think I can handle that one.  I wouldn't even attempt this one...
http://www.fatsalsdeli.com/Big-Fat-Fatty.aspx
Time constraints screw me.  I like to enjoy my food.  I don't want to shovel shit into my mouth.
Not a fan of slaw myself, so I wouldn't even try. But every time I catch that episode, I immediately want to go there. The worst part for me is picking which sammitch to get, since they've got a lot of good ones.
Is that the place with one here in Austin?
No, that's Melt. They're only in OH, 4 or 5 locations, I think.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2015, 01:32:16 PM »

Afternoon BD!  Still fighting or on to make-up sex?
We made up last week.  My wife was on vacation and I really didn't want her to have a bad vacation since she hardly gets any days off. So I gave in and told her she could have her way.  Then she turned around and gave me my way.  So figure, another fight for no reason.  Marriage...ugh...!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2015, 01:39:01 PM »

I just finished 3 hours of cooking breakfast, doing dishes, and cleaning Petey's cage.  I wish I could have a cigar but I've had this upper chest congestion for the past month and haven't been able to smoke... Well, time for a little Amaretto in my coffee and a pain pill.... :)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »

Tat series P robustos $33 min left
You enabling little bastard.
Closed for $33
You doing your Valentines Day shopping Fish?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »

OMG! (because that's what young people say).  Perhaps I should turn off the Food Network.  They just showed a lasagne grilled cheese sandwich made at a Cleveland restaurant called MELT.  I need to get to Ohio, stat!
Tony, you have no idea how amazing that place is. In fact, I just had it about a week or so ago.
Here's their best sammitch, usually only pops up as a special once or twice a year:

February 22nd – 28th
 Hickory Smoked Bacon, Black Pepper Crusted Slab Cut Bacon, Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Italian Pancetta, Herb Cream Cheese with Bacon Bits, In-house made Bacon infused Mayonnaise, Sharp Cheddar, Fresh Romaine and Sliced Tomato
You may need to get that To Go, cut out a step and just eat it in the Emergency Room
Crown Candy Company in St Louis makes a 1 pound bacon sandwich OMG it is good with their killer milkshakes.  For those that watch Man vs Food it is the place where he tried to drink 5 or 6 milkshakes and puked.  I had a chocolate malt with the bacon sandwich and had a mild stroke a few days later  spending 2 days in the hospital.

Our monster grilled cheese featuring 13 different cheeses, 3 slices of grilled bread and a pile of hand-cut fries & slaw.  Over 5 lbs. of food!
Nothing listed on the site, but on the show, I think they gave him an hour. Not allowed any trips to the bathroom, either.
Time constraints screw me.  I like to enjoy my food.  I don't want to shovel shit into my mouth.
Not a fan of slaw myself, so I wouldn't even try. But every time I catch that episode, I immediately want to go there. The worst part for me is picking which sammitch to get, since they've got a lot of good ones.
I was referring to Fat Sals

sfish

« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »

I was very pleased with the Ps.
You're busy today Fishy....if you can't smoke, buy?
I thought about the Tats, only had to up my bid by $1, almost text you...partner

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2015, 01:59:53 PM »

February 22nd – 28th

Checked and there is a Fat Sal's in Austin.  Tony asked me a while back about it but I had not heard of it.  It is on the "Drag" thru the UT campus, an area I avoid.  I just don't fit in there because I have no tattoos or pink,purple, green or blue hair combos.  Place gets pretty bad reviews.

sfish

« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »

You enabling little bastard.
Closed for $33
You doing your Valentines Day shopping Fish?
I certainly know what to buy for myself 😃. I'm waiting for the short robustos there

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2015, 02:01:14 PM »

February 22nd – 28th

I think so.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »

I thought about the Tats, only had to up my bid by $1, almost text you...partner
Just let me know.  We could always split a deal or you could just send it here to avoid the stinkeye.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »

February 22nd – 28th

Then you should've responded to his comment, not mine. Maybe you need to go back to the old guys banter? ;)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2015, 02:05:09 PM »

February 22nd – 28th

Checked and there is a Fat Sal's in Austin.  Tony asked me a while back about it but I had not heard of it.  It is on the "Drag" thru the UT campus, an area I avoid.  I just don't fit in there because I have no tattoos or pink,purple, green or blue hair combos.  Place gets pretty bad reviews.
I stay away from biker bars, unless it's the weekend bikers and they are pretty cool.  It's nice to see their color coordinated motorcycles, clothes, and helmets.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »

Got another 10er of Uncut for $28 and a 5er of Cabiguan guapo for $25 from the devil.  We'll see if there is anything worth adding by the Tuesday ship.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.....what a tease!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18