CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: 3/30/2015  (Read 51533 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 3/30/2015
« Reply #375 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.
I like that Deep Eddy Ruby Red alot, great summer drink and tastes ridiculously good
Have yet to try it.  You sip it chilled or what?
Mixes it 50/50 with cough syrup

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #376 on: March 30, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »

Well, I think I may have gotten off to the wrong start with my scotch tasting. Store only had the 1.75 of the Speyburn 10 Ogie suggested ($53). Was only wanting to pick up the 750. So, I took that $50 and picked up a bottle of Macallan 12 year the owner recommended. Then, with that and the Highland Park 12 I already had, met my brother who just happened to have a bottle of Lavavulin 16 year. FML... this is what happened with cigars!
Man, are you in trouble...
I know, right!?!

Not to mention i picked up a couple bombers while I was there as well. Lagunitas Coffee Imperial Stout, Abita Macchiato Milk Stout and a ST Creme Brulee.
I drank the Laguanitas Cappuccino Stout on Friday night when I met my friends for drinks, it was very good on tap
Got a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Sucks....think that will be on tap when I get home.  Have you tried the Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout?  Very smooth and not near as silly or artificial as the name implies
I brought home a dozen Holy City Brewing Pluff Mud Porters from SC if I ever feel like drinking and smoking again.  Good Stuff.  Also brought an assortment of those Georgia Sweetwater brews which can be found in a lot of the country but not here.
SweetWater makes a great 420 IPA. Although, my favorite is the Happy Ending.
Too easy, even for a Monday.
I know. It's real though...

A friend from Utah brought me a six-pack sampler from a local brewery.  This was one of them.

Haha. "Why have just one." Craft brewers are so clever...
EMMMMMMMMMWeber is redoing a website for a local brewery, they have a beer called Brew Cocky(say it fast) and they dip the cap in white wax and flick it all over the bottle...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #377 on: March 30, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.
I like that Deep Eddy Ruby Red alot, great summer drink and tastes ridiculously good

He pours it down his throat hole when he's at the beach.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #378 on: March 30, 2015, 03:47:22 PM »

LTG, tell the fuckin Browns to get their shit straight - texting during games, c'mon man!   ;)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #379 on: March 30, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »

Guess I will go wonder around the streets and find some lunch.

I wonder how far he'll wander before he finds lunch?
Now if it were Tony, I'd have an answer.
Well I mistakenly wondered to Subway and as soon as I tasted it hated myself for doing such.
Love the smell of a bakery, but hate the smell of bread baking there, not sure why...
one the smell of goodies and treats, the other is reminiscent of a yeast infection....

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »

Well, I think I may have gotten off to the wrong start with my scotch tasting. Store only had the 1.75 of the Speyburn 10 Ogie suggested ($53). Was only wanting to pick up the 750. So, I took that $50 and picked up a bottle of Macallan 12 year the owner recommended. Then, with that and the Highland Park 12 I already had, met my brother who just happened to have a bottle of Lavavulin 16 year. FML... this is what happened with cigars!
I know, right!?!

Not to mention i picked up a couple bombers while I was there as well. Lagunitas Coffee Imperial Stout, Abita Macchiato Milk Stout and a ST Creme Brulee.
I drank the Laguanitas Cappuccino Stout on Friday night when I met my friends for drinks, it was very good on tap
Got a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Sucks....think that will be on tap when I get home.  Have you tried the Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout?  Very smooth and not near as silly or artificial as the name implies
I brought home a dozen Holy City Brewing Pluff Mud Porters from SC if I ever feel like drinking and smoking again.  Good Stuff.  Also brought an assortment of those Georgia Sweetwater brews which can be found in a lot of the country but not here.

A friend from Utah brought me a six-pack sampler from a local brewery.  This was one of them.

EMMMMMMMMMWeber is redoing a website for a local brewery, they have a beer called Brew Cocky(say it fast) and they dip the cap in white wax and flick it all over the bottle...
I'll pass.

Threebean

« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »

I know, right!?!

I'll pass.
Indeed. Bachelorette party beer.  Or at the next Tony/Scott/NJDave herf.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #382 on: March 30, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »

EEEWWWWWWeber!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #383 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »

Not a connoisseur of anything.  I have a bottle of vodka (turns out to be Ukranian) that a Polish friend gave me that's about 10 years old.  Haven't opened it yet.

one of my Russian associates here at work said I should get Nemiroff vodka,
they make like 12 different ones. I just avoid the Bison grass one, who wants
vodka made with grass, bison have been pissing on.... (edit)

sfish

« Reply #384 on: March 30, 2015, 03:58:57 PM »

Pretty good chilled, I really like it with a little cranberry juice to cut the sweetness and a lime

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #385 on: March 30, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »

I'll pass.
Indeed. Bachelorette party beer.  Or at the next Tony/Scott/NJDave herf.
If I'm lucky to find it.   ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »

Not a connoisseur of anything.  I have a bottle of vodka (turns out to be Ukranian) that a Polish friend gave me that's about 10 years old.  Haven't opened it yet.

one of my Russian associates here at work said I should get Nemiroff vodka,
they make like 12 different ones. I just avoid the Bison grass one, who wants
vodka made with grass, bison have been pissing on.... (edit)
Bad Dad?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »

Pretty good chilled, I really like it with a little cranberry juice to cut the sweetness and a lime
If you come across Balinoff vodka at a reasonable price, that pretty good for mixing.
for shooters try Grey Goose, or Ketel One

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2015, 04:02:27 PM »

What time are you skedaddling, Flip?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #389 on: March 30, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »

If you come across Balinoff vodka at a reasonable price, that pretty good for mixing.
for shooters try Grey Goose, or Ketel One
Or for just getting fuct up go with some Taka
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30