« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
I tend to stick to the aroma rule - if it smells bad, it'll taste bad.
TWSS
You're slippin', man.  I lobbed that tennis ball up there nice and high and slow and it took you over a minute to respond?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/30/2015
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:58 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.

Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.

From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.

« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »

Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
Not a connoisseur of anything.  I have a bottle of vodka (turns out to be Ukranian) that a Polish friend gave me that's about 10 years old.  Haven't opened it yet.

Ukraine is where all the expert distillers fled the USSR to in order to fly under the radar.  So I bet it's excellent stuff.  (I made that schitt up, but sounds plausible, so salud!)
It's in my b&m locker.  I'll finally open it up the next time I'm there.
You mean when you go to empty it because the warden said you couldn't keep it?

« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
I tend to stick to the aroma rule - if it smells bad, it'll taste bad.
TWSS
You're slippin', man.  I lobbed that tennis ball up there nice and high and slow and it took you over a minute to respond?
I know, my brain was still clogged with Happy Ending responses.  Sorry, it won't happen again.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/30/2015
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »

Well, I think I may have gotten off to the wrong start with my scotch tasting. Store only had the 1.75 of the Speyburn 10 Ogie suggested ($53). Was only wanting to pick up the 750. So, I took that $50 and picked up a bottle of Macallan 12 year the owner recommended. Then, with that and the Highland Park 12 I already had, met my brother who just happened to have a bottle of Lavavulin 16 year. FML... this is what happened with cigars!
Man, are you in trouble...
I know, right!?!

Not to mention i picked up a couple bombers while I was there as well. Lagunitas Coffee Imperial Stout, Abita Macchiato Milk Stout and a ST Creme Brulee.
I drank the Laguanitas Cappuccino Stout on Friday night when I met my friends for drinks, it was very good on tap
Got a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Sucks....think that will be on tap when I get home.  Have you tried the Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout?  Very smooth and not near as silly or artificial as the name implies
I brought home a dozen Holy City Brewing Pluff Mud Porters from SC if I ever feel like drinking and smoking again.  Good Stuff.  Also brought an assortment of those Georgia Sweetwater brews which can be found in a lot of the country but not here.
SweetWater makes a great 420 IPA. Although, my favorite is the Happy Ending.
Too easy, even for a Monday.

I know. It's real though...

« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:23 PM »

Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
Not a connoisseur of anything.  I have a bottle of vodka (turns out to be Ukranian) that a Polish friend gave me that's about 10 years old.  Haven't opened it yet.

Ukraine is where all the expert distillers fled the USSR to in order to fly under the radar.  So I bet it's excellent stuff.  (I made that schitt up, but sounds plausible, so salud!)
It's in my b&m locker.  I'll finally open it up the next time I'm there.
You mean when you go to empty it because the warden said you couldn't keep it?
LMFAO    TWSS

« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.

« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
I tend to stick to the aroma rule - if it smells bad, it'll taste bad.
TWSS
You're slippin', man.  I lobbed that tennis ball up there nice and high and slow and it took you over a minute to respond?
I know, my brain was still clogged with Happy Ending responses.  Sorry, it won't happen again.
Yeah, yeah...the lies men tell. "The check's in the mail", "I was stuck in traffic", "I promise I'll respect you in the morning", and "it won't happen again..."
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/30/2015
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.

Another case of pre-packaging. You can infuse vodka at home with an old tennis shoe if you want.

We can wait 'til tomorrow for Joe to tell us all about the flavored bourbon craze.  ::)

« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »

[...]

A friend from Utah brought me a six-pack sampler from a local brewery.  This was one of them.

« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2015, 03:37:07 PM »

Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
Not a connoisseur of anything.  I have a bottle of vodka (turns out to be Ukranian) that a Polish friend gave me that's about 10 years old.  Haven't opened it yet.

Ukraine is where all the expert distillers fled the USSR to in order to fly under the radar.  So I bet it's excellent stuff.  (I made that schitt up, but sounds plausible, so salud!)
It's in my b&m locker.  I'll finally open it up the next time I'm there.
You mean when you go to empty it because the warden said you couldn't keep it?
LOL!  Exactly.

« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2015, 03:37:24 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.
I like that Deep Eddy Ruby Red alot, great summer drink and tastes ridiculously good

« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

JWacky is going to be upset that you guys are having such an in-depth scotch discussion without him.
Any vodka connoisseurs out there?  I have a bottle of Polish vodka my grandparents brought back from Czechoslovakia in 1956.  Haven't tried it, but just the aroma makes me think it was siphoned out of the fuel tank of a wrecked Panzer.
From my understanding of vodka, the LESS it tastes like something, the better is supposedly is. Multiple filtering like butane seems to be the thing. I usually grab SKYY or Absolut.
Anymore the shelves are overrun with flavored infused vodka varities.  Deep Eddy's Ruby Red put it on the map.
I like that Deep Eddy Ruby Red alot, great summer drink and tastes ridiculously good
Have yet to try it.  You sip it chilled or what?

« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »

A friend from Utah brought me a six-pack sampler from a local brewery.  This was one of them.

  That's awesome.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/30/2015
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »

[...]

Haha. "Why have just one." Craft brewers are so clever...