CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: 9/6/2016  (Read 20039 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 9/6/2016
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2016, 11:51:29 AM »

Maybe the best cigar I had in 2015. Easily in top 3 (Flor de Valle, Laranja).
Help me out here Ogie.  We still talking Yellow Rose or have we moved on?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2016, 11:52:24 AM »

First time ordering from Small Batch.  They say they will let you hold your cart items, but they seem to go through some of their inventory fairly quickly, and they pulled a number of items from my cart.  Had the Warped sampler, Guardians vitola sampler and Charter Oak that I didn't think I needed to hurry with....then poof.  Now I know.
I ordered from them and got my stuff in 2 days.
Likewise.  And each bundle packed with its own boveda pack. Nice touch.
Yep, that too was quite nice.
Makes for better OTT potential.

Ogie

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »

Yeah, edited.  Yellow Rose.

Threebean

« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2016, 11:57:14 AM »

FOX News if falling apart....
Sent Ailes packing just because he made some friendly offers to female staff,
agreed to 20 Million to make Carlson go away, paid off some of the others suing,
now Greta Van Susteren leaves.
"Fox News host Howard Kurtz reported that Van Susteren attempted to renegotiate her contract following Ailes' departure, but was unsuccessful. Van Susteren had a "key-man clause" allowing her to exit if Ailes were to depart, Kurtz reported, and chose to activate it when contract renegotiation's became deadlocked."   
Don't know what Megyn's contract looks like, but expect her to try to cash in, or out, at the first opportunity as well. 

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »

Well I listened to the warden, and shifted the Karaoke BBQ from Sunday to Saturday,
because we were going to have weather on Sunday.  Less people showed up, we were down 3 singers,
but the five of us left, in the late afternoon, did kamikaze karaoke.  No, not with shots, but you would
put in a disk with 16-18 songs on it, and when it was your turn, you sang the next song.  You had one chance to
say nope, hit the next button.  that's how I ended up singing Papa Don't Preach.  And Yes, we did have weather on
Sunday, and it was great weather.  One guy, didn't get the message about the reschedule, and he showed up on
Sunday, we were having the neighbors over again, to help with the leftover food & booze, but I told him no singing,
you missed the one day a year Nadine allows karaoke at the house.  This year was the first year the police did not
show up, and we sang till 11pm.  but after 9:30 only ballads, no songs like Billy Idol's "White Wedding".
Yes, the weather was pretty stellar for a hurricane.  Not even a breeze!  Glad your even went well, even with reduced numbers.  One benefit to Saturdays, you usually are granted a little bit later with the noise restrictions.
Last year, due to a new noise ordinance the cops showed up around 7pm, apologized, and asked if we could lower it.  Seems if they get three different calls, they have to show up. We didn't have to stop, just lower it a bit.  this year, my buddy who showed up on the original day, didn't sing on saturday.  He sings 4 or 5 songs fairly well, but he does over a dozen across the 8 hours, screaming into the mike on some. It could also be the grouchy neighbors went away for the weekend.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2016, 11:59:44 AM »

agreed to 20 Million to make Carlson go away, paid off some of the others suing,
"Fox News host Howard Kurtz reported that Van Susteren attempted to renegotiate her contract following Ailes' departure, but was unsuccessful. Van Susteren had a "key-man clause" allowing her to exit if Ailes were to depart, Kurtz reported, and chose to activate it when contract renegotiation's became deadlocked."   
Don't know what Megyn's contract looks like, but expect her to try to cash in, or out, at the first opportunity as well.
She has an out also and rumor is the bitch  is going to CNN where she belongs.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2016, 12:00:49 PM »

That is pretty strong!  Guess I better try one, oops I better try 2.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »

Well I listened to the warden, and shifted the Karaoke BBQ from Sunday to Saturday,
because we were going to have weather on Sunday.  Less people showed up, we were down 3 singers,
but the five of us left, in the late afternoon, did kamikaze karaoke.  No, not with shots, but you would
put in a disk with 16-18 songs on it, and when it was your turn, you sang the next song.  You had one chance to
say nope, hit the next button.  that's how I ended up singing Papa Don't Preach.  And Yes, we did have weather on
Sunday, and it was great weather.  One guy, didn't get the message about the reschedule, and he showed up on
Sunday, we were having the neighbors over again, to help with the leftover food & booze, but I told him no singing,
you missed the one day a year Nadine allows karaoke at the house.  This year was the first year the police did not
show up, and we sang till 11pm.  but after 9:30 only ballads, no songs like Billy Idol's "White Wedding".
Yes, the weather was pretty stellar for a hurricane.  Not even a breeze!  Glad your even went well, even with reduced numbers.  One benefit to Saturdays, you usually are granted a little bit later with the noise restrictions.
No "White Wedding"?  WTF.
Also, one of my most requested songs out, Adam Sandler's "Ode to my Car" - better know as
piece of shit car, never gets done at home.   8)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2016, 12:03:14 PM »

Lol, not "fair and balanced" enough for ya?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »

Mostly because she is just an obnoxious snotty bitch.

Threebean

« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »

Really?  Dang, high praise from a respected source.  Might have to run over to that B&M at lunch time.

Threebean

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »

But so easy on the eyes.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2016, 12:11:03 PM »

I've never watched her, obviously, so I have no idea what she's like, but I kinda wish she was moderating one of the debates. That would be great tv.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »

But so easy on the eyes.

Definitely wouldn't mind giving her some exit polling.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »

But so easy on the eyes.

Definitely wouldn't mind giving her some exit polling.
Unfortunately that picture was about 10 years and 2 babies ago and before she got a neutral gender haircut. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19