Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. How was the family outing?
Thankfully, not the epic blowout that Memorial Day was. Good food, good music, good conversation, minimal hassle.
Sounds glamptastic!
I was getting ready to roast some jalapeños when #1 son suggested I should utilize the fresh chorizo I'd bought at the market.  So, I roasted the chiles, fried the chorizo, sliced the chiles in half, stuffed them with chorizo, topped with Colby Jack and Cotija cheese, and put them back under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Pure dynamite. Not for the faint of heart. Only try this if you have a pitcher of stout Margaritas handy.
Sounds delicious, but you left off the bacon wrapping.
I like bacon wrapped everything but these sound good without. Only because I wouldn't want the bacon to overpower the chorizo. But I've been wrong before.
Place I get them has them both ways and a few others, better without the bacon if using chorizo but much better with the bacon without chorizo and I prefer the bacon no chorizao with cream cheese over the other combos, but all are good..  There, that is my fuk'n opinion!

Comedian Chevy Chase Enters Rehab for ‘Tuneup’ on Alcohol Problem
TUNEUP? wtf is that?
Apparently some vodka was making it's way into his morning
tomato juice in the morning, sometimes into the orange juice.
Good morning boys...

[...]
Here's the bottom line... I'd eat them no matter how they're prepared.

Comedian Chevy Chase Enters Rehab for ‘Tuneup’ on Alcohol Problem
TUNEUP? wtf is that?
Apparently some vodka was making it's way into his morning
tomato juice in the morning, sometimes into the orange juice.
Good morning boys...
He's been irrelevant for a long time and now he's back in the news. That's my opinion.

Good morning, Flip.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back

[...]

So, bacon no chorizo or no chorizo with bacon... check!  :o

[...]
Except maybe when the last time I cooked them they caught on fire and burned up while I was pouring myself another tot, you might not have eaten those.

[...]

That is my preference, the bacon and chorizo combined sort of get in each others way.  I also much prefer them with cream cheese but others will certainly work.  The bacon does make them a bitch to cook on the grill though.

[...]
They punish you a second time come morning, but worth it.

[...]
Yeah, he would've. Because bacon.

Well I listened to the warden, and shifted the Karaoke BBQ from Sunday to Saturday,
because we were going to have weather on Sunday.  Less people showed up, we were down 3 singers,
but the five of us left, in the late afternoon, did kamikaze karaoke.  No, not with shots, but you would
put in a disk with 16-18 songs on it, and when it was your turn, you sang the next song.  You had one chance to
say nope, hit the next button.  that's how I ended up singing Papa Don't Preach.  And Yes, we did have weather on
Sunday, and it was great weather.  One guy, didn't get the message about the reschedule, and he showed up on
Sunday, we were having the neighbors over again, to help with the leftover food & booze, but I told him no singing,
you missed the one day a year Nadine allows karaoke at the house.  This year was the first year the police did not
show up, and we sang till 11pm.  but after 9:30 only ballads, no songs like Billy Idol's "White Wedding".

[...]

I think I'd be inclined to partially cook the bacon separately, then wrap and grill to finish.

[...]
You don't know me that well.

Anyhoo, my blushing bride appears to be ready. See yuz later.

And this just in from our local (San Antonio) cigar mfg/retailer.  http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/products/group/category/ch-yellow
Overall a Crowned Heads fan (surprised?)
Haven't had one of these yet (forgot to pick them up when I was out with TexDave), have you tried them?

[...]

I buy them ready to cook so that is not an option but when I used to make them myself I always dropped the bacon in some boiling water a couple of minutes.