CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: 9/6/2016  (Read 20106 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 9/6/2016
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret. How was the family outing?
Thankfully, not the epic blowout that Memorial Day was. Good food, good music, good conversation, minimal hassle.
Sounds glamptastic!
I was getting ready to roast some jalapeños when #1 son suggested I should utilize the fresh chorizo I'd bought at the market.  So, I roasted the chiles, fried the chorizo, sliced the chiles in half, stuffed them with chorizo, topped with Colby Jack and Cotija cheese, and put them back under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Pure dynamite. Not for the faint of heart. Only try this if you have a pitcher of stout Margaritas handy.
Sounds delicious, but you left off the bacon wrapping.
I like bacon wrapped everything but these sound good without. Only because I wouldn't want the bacon to overpower the chorizo. But I've been wrong before.
Place I get them has them both ways and a few others, better without the bacon if using chorizo but much better with the bacon without chorizo and I prefer the bacon no chorizao with cream cheese over the other combos, but all are good..  There, that is my fuk'n opinion!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »

Comedian Chevy Chase Enters Rehab for ‘Tuneup’ on Alcohol Problem
TUNEUP? wtf is that?
Apparently some vodka was making it's way into his morning
tomato juice in the morning, sometimes into the orange juice.
Good morning boys...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2016, 11:21:29 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Thankfully, not the epic blowout that Memorial Day was. Good food, good music, good conversation, minimal hassle.
Sounds glamptastic!
I was getting ready to roast some jalapeños when #1 son suggested I should utilize the fresh chorizo I'd bought at the market.  So, I roasted the chiles, fried the chorizo, sliced the chiles in half, stuffed them with chorizo, topped with Colby Jack and Cotija cheese, and put them back under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Pure dynamite. Not for the faint of heart. Only try this if you have a pitcher of stout Margaritas handy.
I like bacon wrapped everything but these sound good without. Only because I wouldn't want the bacon to overpower the chorizo. But I've been wrong before.
Place I get them has them both ways and a few others, better without the bacon if using chorizo but much better with the bacon without chorizo and I prefer the bacon no chorizao with cream cheese over the other combos, but all are good..  There, that is my fuk'n opinion!
Here's the bottom line... I'd eat them no matter how they're prepared.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »

Comedian Chevy Chase Enters Rehab for ‘Tuneup’ on Alcohol Problem
TUNEUP? wtf is that?
Apparently some vodka was making it's way into his morning
tomato juice in the morning, sometimes into the orange juice.
Good morning boys...
He's been irrelevant for a long time and now he's back in the news. That's my opinion.

Good morning, Flip.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!

So, bacon no chorizo or no chorizo with bacon... check!  :o

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!
Except maybe when the last time I cooked them they caught on fire and burned up while I was pouring myself another tot, you might not have eaten those.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!

That is my preference, the bacon and chorizo combined sort of get in each others way.  I also much prefer them with cream cheese but others will certainly work.  The bacon does make them a bitch to cook on the grill though.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!
They punish you a second time come morning, but worth it.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!
Except maybe when the last time I cooked them they caught on fire and burned up while I was pouring myself another tot, you might not have eaten those.
Yeah, he would've. Because bacon.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2016, 11:28:44 AM »

Well I listened to the warden, and shifted the Karaoke BBQ from Sunday to Saturday,
because we were going to have weather on Sunday.  Less people showed up, we were down 3 singers,
but the five of us left, in the late afternoon, did kamikaze karaoke.  No, not with shots, but you would
put in a disk with 16-18 songs on it, and when it was your turn, you sang the next song.  You had one chance to
say nope, hit the next button.  that's how I ended up singing Papa Don't Preach.  And Yes, we did have weather on
Sunday, and it was great weather.  One guy, didn't get the message about the reschedule, and he showed up on
Sunday, we were having the neighbors over again, to help with the leftover food & booze, but I told him no singing,
you missed the one day a year Nadine allows karaoke at the house.  This year was the first year the police did not
show up, and we sang till 11pm.  but after 9:30 only ballads, no songs like Billy Idol's "White Wedding".

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2016, 11:29:15 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!

That is my preference, the bacon and chorizo combined sort of get in each others way.  I also much prefer them with cream cheese but others will certainly work.  The bacon does make them a bitch to cook on the grill though.
I think I'd be inclined to partially cook the bacon separately, then wrap and grill to finish.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:14 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!
You don't know me that well.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »

Anyhoo, my blushing bride appears to be ready. See yuz later.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2016, 11:32:32 AM »

And this just in from our local (San Antonio) cigar mfg/retailer.  http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/products/group/category/ch-yellow
Overall a Crowned Heads fan (surprised?)
Haven't had one of these yet (forgot to pick them up when I was out with TexDave), have you tried them?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2016, 11:34:01 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Sounds glamptastic!

I think I'd be inclined to partially cook the bacon separately, then wrap and grill to finish.
I buy them ready to cook so that is not an option but when I used to make them myself I always dropped the bacon in some boiling water a couple of minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19