« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one

They're pretty good.  Ultimately, with the Havana VI line I'd just go with whichever vitola is the cheapest, other than the 4x40s.  Blend doesn't do well in that size, IMO.  I think my favorite was whatever that more traditional corona is called.
Yeah I really like that size but figured he does pretty good work with the 6x38 also

I would give them the nod over the Nobles/robusto but not by much.  IMO, no offense, GFY.  Good price at $70/box.  Famous's bid site?
Yes, wound up at $74 and then $8.99 ship on top so not the bargain it looked like it could be

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Good afternoon Ken!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well

Do they have them in your local shop?  Think they go for $5-$6 here.  Worth a try.  Just checked Tampa Humidor but they're out of that size.  It's a safe recommendation based on liking the other Havana VI sizes but I don't know that it's THAT much better/different than others in the line.

« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?
God I fucking LOVE the CGs...nomnomnom!
Logged

glassken

« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Scott, I love both. The Angeles are great, too. The Victorias are awesome! Always sold out, though.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?
Is that the Jar that y'all talk about? I have not had one.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Good afternoon Ken!
Oh, hello Shaun, Scott, Joe, Flip, all!

« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?
Is that the Jar that y'all talk about? I have not had one.
A must-try, I'll send a couple to you. Every time I smoke one I'm convinced they edge out the PL. When I smoke the PL I done feel like it's below the CG, both excellent

« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »

Smoked an EPC Short Run 2013 at lunch.  Lots of black pepper, wood and leather notes.  Thank you, Mr. Wacky.  That is one full bodied smoke.  I still feel it in my chest.  It burned razor sharp to the first band (about 2") until the ash fell off.

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Scott, I love both. The Angeles are great, too. The Victorias are awesome! Always sold out, though.
They have the Victorias pretty regularly at Famous bid site, can routinely get a box for $70-$80

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2014, 01:36:42 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?
Is that the Jar that y'all talk about? I have not had one.
Did I send you one Ken?

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

Is that catsrule17 coupon still valid?
Why, you gonna buy sumpin' ?
Nah.  I was just trying to see if buying 2 of the MF 6 cigar sampler was worth it.

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »

Smoked an EPC Short Run 2013 at lunch.  Lots of black pepper, wood and leather notes.  Thank you, Mr. Wacky.  That is one full bodied smoke.  I still feel it in my chest.  It burned razor sharp to the first band (about 2") until the ash fell off.
Tony, if that feeling drops from your chest to your ass let us know, Dave will be concerned