CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: 8/5/2014  (Read 58235 times)

glassken

Re: 8/5/2014
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Ken, have you had the latest version of the Tat Black Corona Gorda?
Is that the Jar that y'all talk about? I have not had one.
Did I send you one Ken?
Oh, My God! You did send me one Shaun! Will try it soon. Thanks!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one
Sure did Ken, they're fantastic. We had been talking about the red labels because I smoked an Angeles (4-5/8x42) from that line which was far better IMO than the robusto. I figured the PL in the red line might be a safe bet that they're good based on the Blacks, not that I think they could touch them just that the size would be done well
Did I send you one Ken?
Oh, My God! You did send me one Shaun! Will try it soon. Thanks!
Haha, no problem, I honestly couldn't remember.  I knew I should have if I didn't, no worries!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »

Smoked an EPC Short Run 2013 at lunch.  Lots of black pepper, wood and leather notes.  Thank you, Mr. Wacky.  That is one full bodied smoke.  I still feel it in my chest.  It burned razor sharp to the first band (about 2") until the ash fell off.

Glad you liked it!  Said it many times before but the Short Run series is a favorite of mine, and I was incredibly disappointed that the previous release was only available in the 60+ rgs.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »

A must-try, I'll send a couple to you. Every time I smoke one I'm convinced they edge out the PL. When I smoke the PL I done feel like it's below the CG, both excellent

The way I see it - smoke and enjoy the CGs freely.  Once you're out, you can always go back to the PLs. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2014, 01:49:47 PM »

Smoked an EPC Short Run 2013 at lunch.  Lots of black pepper, wood and leather notes.  Thank you, Mr. Wacky.  That is one full bodied smoke.  I still feel it in my chest.  It burned razor sharp to the first band (about 2") until the ash fell off.

Glad you liked it!  Said it many times before but the Short Run series is a favorite of mine, and I was incredibly disappointed that the previous release was only available in the 60+ rgs.
I never actually said I liked it, but I did.  What's the other short run that doesn't have a year on it and looks a lot like the 2013?

glassken

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »

A must-try, I'll send a couple to you. Every time I smoke one I'm convinced they edge out the PL. When I smoke the PL I done feel like it's below the CG, both excellent

The way I see it - smoke and enjoy the CGs freely.  Once you're out, you can always go back to the PLs.
Ok. That does it. I'm buying a "Jar"! Where to get them? Atlantic is backordered!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »

Ok. That does it. I'm buying a "Jar"! Where to get them? Atlantic is backordered!

http://www.famous-smoke.com/tatuaje+black+corona+gorda+cigars/item+41873

And use promo code "catsrule". Comes to about $142 for the box, delivered.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

STOP TEMPTING ME! ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2014, 01:56:09 PM »

Any chance we can get AdvertisingJoe back? AccountantJoe isn't working for me

Ha, yeah, it's really affected the way I view things.  It drains any personality.
LOL good one Joe!  Hello boys.....
Does that mean we're going to go out for tea or espresso when I come to town???

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2014, 01:57:50 PM »

Ha, yeah, it's really affected the way I view things.  It drains any personality.

Bring your calculator and we can do math problems, maybe do a full inventory and depreciation analysis for Churchills.  Sounds fun, right?!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »

Bring your calculator and we can do math problems, maybe do a full inventory and depreciation analysis for Churchills.  Sounds fun, right?!
Might I suggest an espressino freddo?  Quite refreshing.

glassken

« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »

Thanks, Joe. Can't have too many Tats!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »

Tony, if that feeling drops from your chest to your ass let us know, Dave will be concerned
::)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »

Helicopter!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing