CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: 8/5/2014  (Read 57599 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 8/5/2014
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

Any chance we can get AdvertisingJoe back? AccountantJoe isn't working for me

Ha, yeah, it's really affected the way I view things.  It drains any personality.

Maybe I'll have a beer or five at lunch, catch back up.
Mmmm, that sounds good! I need a job where I can go have a beer over lunch!

We're very casual here.  Get your shit done, bill the clients, do whatever afterward.  None of our clients are local so we never have to 'see' anyone without advance notice and even so, most overnight trips have been just a little business before mostly pleasure.  It's a good industry, I suppose.  It's changing drastically but so is everything else, I suppose.
I suppose

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »

Ha, yeah, it's really affected the way I view things.  It drains any personality.

We're very casual here.  Get your shit done, bill the clients, do whatever afterward.  None of our clients are local so we never have to 'see' anyone without advance notice and even so, most overnight trips have been just a little business before mostly pleasure.  It's a good industry, I suppose.  It's changing drastically but so is everything else, I suppose.
I suppose
I was JUST gonna make a post that says, "This is where Scott says, 'I suppose'."

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »

I suppose
I was JUST gonna make a post that says, "This is where Scott says, 'I suppose'."

I suppose you were.  And it would've been funny, I suppose.  Unless you botched the reply and put it inside the quoted post, which I suppose would've ruined the joke.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »

I suppose

I suppose you were.  And it would've been funny, I suppose.  Unless you botched the reply and put it inside the quoted post, which I suppose would've ruined the joke.
You mean like I usually do?  Hi all!  Just a quick drive by.  have to meet with a client in a few minutes, but had enough time to check in and see how everyone's doing.  Hope all is well!
Be good, or at least be careful!  may catch back up later if work permits. 

sfish

« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »

I suppose

Ya know, I go to look at a few jobs and the quality standards of the humor around here disappear faster than a whiner's banter account

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »

Is that catsrule17 coupon still valid?
Why, you gonna buy sumpin' ?

sfish

« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one

sfish

« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2014, 12:58:20 PM »

Is that catsrule17 coupon still valid?
Why, you gonna buy sumpin' ?
No, no he isn't

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:26 PM »

I'm tempted by the Tat Havana VI petit lanceros, you can get them for like $70 shipped for a box, just never had one

They're pretty good.  Ultimately, with the Havana VI line I'd just go with whichever vitola is the cheapest, other than the 4x40s.  Blend doesn't do well in that size, IMO.  I think my favorite was whatever that more traditional corona is called.

sfish

« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

They're pretty good.  Ultimately, with the Havana VI line I'd just go with whichever vitola is the cheapest, other than the 4x40s.  Blend doesn't do well in that size, IMO.  I think my favorite was whatever that more traditional corona is called.
Yeah I really like that size but figured he does pretty good work with the 6x38 also

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »

Yeah I really like that size but figured he does pretty good work with the 6x38 also

I would give them the nod over the Nobles/robusto but not by much.  IMO, no offense, GFY.  Good price at $70/box.  Famous's bid site?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »

I suppose
Timing is everything.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »

I suppose
Timing is everything.
I suppo...

glassken

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »

Scott, did you smoke one of those Tatuaje Black Label Petit Lancero?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »

LOL good one Joe!  Hello boys.....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21