CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: 7/30/2014  (Read 52044 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »

Returned my cutter to Xikar a couple weeks back. Last Monday customer service emailed they couldn't repair and were going to have to replace it. Returned email, 'okay fine'. Now, a week later they say they have received the replacement cutter and will be sending it out 'this week'. Seems strange. I'd cancel, but I already paid 6 years ago.
Should have cancelled on principal...FB would have.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.

C'mon, Dean. It's all right there in brown and white.
LMAO!

dwgbryant

« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »

Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »

Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »

Returned my cutter to Xikar a couple weeks back. Last Monday customer service emailed they couldn't repair and were going to have to replace it. Returned email, 'okay fine'. Now, a week later they say they have received the replacement cutter and will be sending it out 'this week'. Seems strange. I'd cancel, but I already paid 6 years ago.
That is weird. Joe, didn't you just send yours back a little bit ago? How'd that work out?

I haven't actually sent mine in yet, haha.  I once sent a lighter for repair and they responded that they could not repaid it and the lighter was something they no longer manufactured, so they replaced with a new, comparable (better, IMO) model.

They never emailed though, the response was included with the new lighter.
My soft flame Xikar, shit the bed.  I've been avoiding contacting them but I guess I should do it sooner than later.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:20 PM »

Last I checked the map it was right in between NY and Florida....just sayin'

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »

Should have cancelled on principal...FB would have.

Yeah, but I figured it was a sign of bad Lori Karma, and I want the cutter, so I let it ride.

This will be the 3rd week, so on schedule for what I was expecting anyway.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »

They're selling pallets again at CI Bethlehem this Friday.

dwgbryant

« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »

very mild. milk toast and a touch of honey flavor.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »

Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.
He's going through PA instead, I get it.  Just giving him a hard time because it's fun.

sfish

« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:42 PM »

A couple South Jersey Burgers, he doesn't know what he's missing

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02

sfish

« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »

That is weird. Joe, didn't you just send yours back a little bit ago? How'd that work out?

I haven't actually sent mine in yet, haha.  I once sent a lighter for repair and they responded that they could not repaid it and the lighter was something they no longer manufactured, so they replaced with a new, comparable (better, IMO) model.

They never emailed though, the response was included with the new lighter.
My soft flame Xikar, shit the bed.  I've been avoiding contacting them but I guess I should do it sooner than later.
What happened? Did you sit on it?

dwgbryant

« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02
plan on a nap along the way.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26