« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.
So you have to live on a main highway to have Dean stop? He quit his job, driving to FL and doesn't have time to swing out of the way? Sheesh
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02
Totally fuckin' agree. Get some rest, there are other people on the road to consider too.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »

very mild. milk toast and a touch of honey flavor.

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2014, 01:36:47 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02
plan on a nap along the way.

Well, don't use the rest stops. Scott has stories you don't want to hear.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »

very mild. milk toast and a touch of honey flavor.
what cigar is that,  Dean?

« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02
plan on a nap along the way.

Well, don't use the rest stops. Scott has stories you don't want to hear.
Bring your own Bloomingdale's bag!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.
A couple South Jersey Burgers, he doesn't know what he's missing

Is that what ya'll are callin the ladies now-a-days? Dean could probably use a 'burger' until he can get down to FL and do some service for the new landlady.  ;)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
thank God. no disrespect Tony but Jersey is a bit out of the way.

18+ hours of driving is a looong fukin ride. Even if you don't stop in NJ, you should seriously consider stopping the night at least half way. You're going to be about 2/3 of the way in going through south GA...at night. That's gonna put you to sleep for sure if a deer doesn't freak your shit trying to cross the highway. Better to hit the rack and wake refreshed. .02
Totally fuckin' agree. Get some rest, there are other people on the road to consider too.

Fuck these guys, Dean. Don't let them slow you down. Simple math shows that four 5-Hour Energy drinks will get you there with enough time left over for a cigar before bedtime.

« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.
A couple South Jersey Burgers, he doesn't know what he's missing
Mmmmm, Trenton Burger.

« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.
A couple South Jersey Burgers, he doesn't know what he's missing

Is that what ya'll are callin the ladies now-a-days? Dean could probably use a 'burger' until he can get down to FL and do some service for the new landlady.  ;)
Are you out of your mind? That would be like putting bread out for the seagulls.

I'm talking about a cheeseburger with a thick slice of grilled pork roll on top, Dave served them at the NJ herf

« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »

Now that Deano cut me so deeply, I'll have to find solace in some lunch.  Later.
now how the hell did I do that?
Refusing my herf invitation.  But I'm over it now.  Nothing an eggplant parm sandwich couldn't fix.
Yea, I offered him yesterday as well.  Just think of how he could have made out with a stop in Jersey then another in NoVa....his loss.
A couple South Jersey Burgers, he doesn't know what he's missing

Is that what ya'll are callin the ladies now-a-days? Dean could probably use a 'burger' until he can get down to FL and do some service for the new landlady.  ;)
Are you out of your mind? That would be like putting bread out for the seagulls.

I'm talking about a cheeseburger with a thick slice of grilled pork roll on top, Dave served them at the NJ herf
Oh man, that sounds tasty.

« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »

Returned my cutter to Xikar a couple weeks back. Last Monday customer service emailed they couldn't repair and were going to have to replace it. Returned email, 'okay fine'. Now, a week later they say they have received the replacement cutter and will be sending it out 'this week'. Seems strange. I'd cancel, but I already paid 6 years ago.
That is weird. Joe, didn't you just send yours back a little bit ago? How'd that work out?

I haven't actually sent mine in yet, haha.  I once sent a lighter for repair and they responded that they could not repaid it and the lighter was something they no longer manufactured, so they replaced with a new, comparable (better, IMO) model.

They never emailed though, the response was included with the new lighter.
My soft flame Xikar, shit the bed.  I've been avoiding contacting them but I guess I should do it sooner than later.
What happened? Did you sit on it?
Dunno.  It was working before I filled it and now it doesn't light.  I can hear the gas, I see a tiny spark when I click it but I'm not seeing that red glow.  If I put a flame in front of it, it'll stay lit.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/30/2014
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »

[...]

Right....what was I thinking.  ;D

« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2014, 01:50:43 PM »

[...]

LMBAO! Joe's right, you need to get down to your landlady asap!
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »

very mild. milk toast and a touch of honey flavor.
what cigar is that,  Dean?
don't know. it was gifted at the golf course yesterday. may just be a B&M house blend from Albany, NY.