CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: 7/29/2014  (Read 42089 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 7/29/2014
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »

Attention 3d!

Warm Water Sparks Flesh-Eating Disease Warning in Florida
Florida isn’t the only state to report Vibrio vulnificus infections. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi have also recorded cases, and a 2013 outbreak linked to contaminated shellfish sickened at least 104 people in 13 states, according to the CDC.
And more importantly, 18!
Got your priorities Antnee!
Flesh eating, blah blah blah.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »

I can't believe Dean has not brought this to our attention and it appears LSU left it off the early morning update too.

NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY
CELEBRATED ANNUALLY ON JULY 29

The only chicken wings I have ever eaten have come from Popeyes Fried chicken, not much to celebrate I am afraid.

Geez, Chip, live a little!  I love me some Buffalo Wild Wings...
What can I say, the warden doesn't let me out much. Maybe one day I will try a fancy wing dinner.

We actually make our own and use the BWW sauces.  I do miss wings from the east coast, though, where every bar/restaurant had their own and they were all good.  People don't do wings out here.
but our Mexican food is hit or miss.  Unless you think Taco bell is good.  Just like Dominoes isn't good pizza.
Dominoe's isn't pizza period.  Then again, it made Tom Monaghan enough money to build his own town in south Florida (Ave Maria)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »

Douche bag says a douche bag says Hazzuh!                                                                                                             Hazzuh!
LMBAO!

I can practically taste that PB porter.  Hope it's good.  Also, they use the same font on their label as Ballast Point.  So there's that.
PB is the dominant flavor...delicious

Sounds like a nice mix of all the others.  Higher ABV than the Belching Beaver, more Peanut Butter than the Mother Earth.

sfish

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »

Douche bag says a douche bag says Hazzuh!                                                                                                             Hazzuh!
LMBAO!

I can practically taste that PB porter.  Hope it's good.  Also, they use the same font on their label as Ballast Point.  So there's that.
Always anxious for your thoughts but the Goat PB and the Founder's stuff especially. Didn't notice the font thing, maybe because nobody ever has Sculpin anymore

sfish

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »

LMBAO!

Sounds like a nice mix of all the others.  Higher ABV than the Belching Beaver, more Peanut Butter than the Mother Earth.
That's exactly where it is

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »

Attention 3d!

Florida isn’t the only state to report Vibrio vulnificus infections. Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi have also recorded cases, and a 2013 outbreak linked to contaminated shellfish sickened at least 104 people in 13 states, according to the CDC.
But that is from salt water.  You also have an ameboa, Nigleria fowlerii in fresh water that enters through the nose and proceeds to kill you by eating your brain.  Thought to occur only in the deep south where water can maintain a temperature of 80 degrees, but there have been cases in Minnesota as well.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »

Attention 3d!

But that is from salt water.  You also have an ameboa, Nigleria fowlerii in fresh water that enters through the nose and proceeds to kill you by eating your brain.  Thought to occur only in the deep south where water can maintain a temperature of 80 degrees, but there have been cases in Minnesota as well.
should be fairly safe, not an abundance of brains in Minnesota.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »

LMBAO!

A little less sweet than Sweet Baby Jesus and fuller than Terrapin Liquid Bliss (Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter), both of which are worthy alternatives.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2014, 02:57:39 PM »

LMBAO!

Always anxious for your thoughts but the Goat PB and the Founder's stuff especially. Didn't notice the font thing, maybe because nobody ever has Sculpin anymore
That Horny Goat PB was on par with the Southern Tier Choklat, imho.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

Attention 3d!

[attachment deleted by admin]

dogdays

« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »

Attention 3d!

WOW, very nice Fred!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

LMBAO!

A little less sweet than Sweet Baby Jesus and fuller than Terrapin Liquid Bliss (Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter), both of which are worthy alternatives.

Have you had the Belching Beaver?  If not I'll bring ya a bottle when you're out here.  It's very sweet and peanut buttery, but it has an oddly low ABV (5.3% ABV).  More PB flavor than the Mother Earth but the lower ABV makes it tough to justify drinking all that stout beer.  If I'm gonna drink that many calories may as well feel a bit of a buzz. 

dogdays

« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »

Attention 3d!

WOW, very nice Fred!
Cuban Fred.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »

Not mine,  dd. Minnesota Dave's,  I was messing around and just figured out how to post pics. Call me stoopid!

dogdays

« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »

LMBAO!

Have you had the Belching Beaver?  If not I'll bring ya a bottle when you're out here.  It's very sweet and peanut buttery, but it has an oddly low ABV (5.3% ABV).  More PB flavor than the Mother Earth but the lower ABV makes it tough to justify drinking all that stout beer.  If I'm gonna drink that many calories may as well feel a bit of a buzz.
Beer that is sweet and taste like PB. just don't sound good to me at all . I want my beer to taste like beer.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24