« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2016, 03:25:56 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.
Nope, just a pheasant/turkeyish kind of (mostly) ground bird.
bigger than a dove or partridge, have no idea what they taste like, have had pheasant, and pigeon though.
They are a game bird and likely tasty but never ate any myself, but I can tell you pheasants and quail are mighty good.

« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!
Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
When I was in college we used to shoot dem big-ass Ferrell hogs in da Louisiana piney woods.  .44 Magnum was quite effective.
aren't they feral hogs, or are they related to Will Ferrell?  or do they have a proper name down there in Texas?
Yes they are but spell check/auto-correct does not seem to understand that.

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2016, 03:50:26 PM »

Grouse Lull?

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!
Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
When I was in college we used to shoot dem big-ass Ferrell hogs in da Louisiana piney woods.  .44 Magnum was quite effective.
aren't they feral hogs, or are they related to Will Ferrell?  or do they have a proper name down there in Texas?
Yes they are but spell check/auto-correct does not seem to understand that.
figured you knew better, durn computers.....

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!
Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
When I was in college we used to shoot dem big-ass Ferrell hogs in da Louisiana piney woods.  .44 Magnum was quite effective.
aren't they feral hogs, or are they related to Will Ferrell?  or do they have a proper name down there in Texas?
Yes they are but spell check/auto-correct does not seem to understand that.
figured you knew better, durn computers.....
I kept putting it in and it would change then I would change it and it would change it back .......  eventually it learns but takes a while I so just said to hell with it let it be.

« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »

may leave before the wind picks up, hate these canyons of NYC!

« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

Markets Closed

DOW   +27
Oil    -$1

« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »

may leave before the wind picks up, hate these canyons of NYC!
Stay warm Flip, I am out the door myself in about 5 minutes  wind is blowing 20-25 mph here but 68 degrees.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2016, 04:26:25 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.
Nope, just a pheasant/turkeyish kind of (mostly) ground bird.
I really like ground bird, usually turkey, sometimes chicken for chili, pasta, burgers or meat loaf ... yummm & less fat.
Afternoon gents.

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »

Gosh SLY, I'm starving here! Sheesh.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »

Went for a walk this afternoon in the 25F temp with 10F windchill with the brisk winds ... too chilly for a smoke.
Question:  Who's going to Cigarfest this year?  Which day are you getting tickets for?  Thanks.
I'm not sure yet.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »

'bout to head out myself.  found an unbanded toro that looks like a nicaraguan ligero 2nd.  if so, it's about 2 years old.  gonna give it a whirl.  have a great evening all.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

[...]

Hey Sly!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »

Gosh SLY, I'm starving here! Sheesh.
did you ever get your laptop fixed?
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

Gosh SLY, I'm starving here! Sheesh.
Hi Tony, did you have any lunch?  I just had heavy grain toast, but have been drinking coffee with lots of non-dairy creamer.
I have the makings for a "Polish" dish, which is sauteeing sliced up Polish sausage with onion, while boiling/simmering diced potatoes, carrots, then when those are well cooked, slicing some cabbage on top of that long enough to steam it (adding Fennel Seed or ground Fennel to that mixture during the steaming, gives it a wonderful flavor).  Combine the meat and vegetables so the tastiness of the meat can mix with the vegetables.  It's warm, hearty and satisfying for a cold day.