CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/19/2016  (Read 18459 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2016, 03:25:56 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.
Nope, just a pheasant/turkeyish kind of (mostly) ground bird.
bigger than a dove or partridge, have no idea what they taste like, have had pheasant, and pigeon though.
They are a game bird and likely tasty but never ate any myself, but I can tell you pheasants and quail are mighty good.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!
Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
When I was in college we used to shoot dem big-ass Ferrell hogs in da Louisiana piney woods.  .44 Magnum was quite effective.
aren't they feral hogs, or are they related to Will Ferrell?  or do they have a proper name down there in Texas?
Yes they are but spell check/auto-correct does not seem to understand that.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2016, 03:50:26 PM »

Grouse Lull?

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:48 PM »

of course being cowardly/intelligent (choose your adjective) I was already halfway up the nearest tree.  biggest damn pig I ever saw!
Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
When I was in college we used to shoot dem big-ass Ferrell hogs in da Louisiana piney woods.  .44 Magnum was quite effective.
aren't they feral hogs, or are they related to Will Ferrell?  or do they have a proper name down there in Texas?
figured you knew better, durn computers.....

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2016, 03:54:13 PM »

Mmmmm, cinghiale!
wild boar, tasty sauce!
figured you knew better, durn computers.....
I kept putting it in and it would change then I would change it and it would change it back .......  eventually it learns but takes a while I so just said to hell with it let it be.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »

may leave before the wind picks up, hate these canyons of NYC!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

Markets Closed

DOW   +27
Oil    -$1

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »

may leave before the wind picks up, hate these canyons of NYC!
Stay warm Flip, I am out the door myself in about 5 minutes  wind is blowing 20-25 mph here but 68 degrees.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2016, 04:26:25 PM »

Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
Hi Flip.  What exactly is a Grouse?  I guess they are unpleasant little beasties as when people are complaining alot they are told to quit their grousing.
I really like ground bird, usually turkey, sometimes chicken for chili, pasta, burgers or meat loaf ... yummm & less fat.
Afternoon gents. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »

Gosh SLY, I'm starving here! Sheesh.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:55 PM »

Went for a walk this afternoon in the 25F temp with 10F windchill with the brisk winds ... too chilly for a smoke.
Question:  Who's going to Cigarfest this year?  Which day are you getting tickets for?  Thanks.
I'm not sure yet.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »

'bout to head out myself.  found an unbanded toro that looks like a nicaraguan ligero 2nd.  if so, it's about 2 years old.  gonna give it a whirl.  have a great evening all.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

I really like ground bird, usually turkey, sometimes chicken for chili, pasta, burgers or meat loaf ... yummm & less fat.
Afternoon gents.
Hey Sly! 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »

did you ever get your laptop fixed?

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

Hi Tony, did you have any lunch?  I just had heavy grain toast, but have been drinking coffee with lots of non-dairy creamer.
I have the makings for a "Polish" dish, which is sauteeing sliced up Polish sausage with onion, while boiling/simmering diced potatoes, carrots, then when those are well cooked, slicing some cabbage on top of that long enough to steam it (adding Fennel Seed or ground Fennel to that mixture during the steaming, gives it a wonderful flavor).  Combine the meat and vegetables so the tastiness of the meat can mix with the vegetables.  It's warm, hearty and satisfying for a cold day.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18