CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: 1/19/2016  (Read 18476 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/19/2016
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »

@ Raz - AR ready for me to pick up!
Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
What you huntin' with that .338?
I was not even going to ask that question but hope it is mighty big and mean. ::)

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2016, 02:15:07 PM »

HA, made it back after the power failure!  Place went dark right before lunchtime and lights just came back on.  Up side is I went outside and smoked one of the MBIII robustos I got today from Holts. 

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2016, 02:16:05 PM »

Nice. Waiting for my check from my mother's estate. A friend has a killer deal for me on a Browning A-Bolt in .338 WinMag...if the check arrives in time.
I was not even going to ask that question but hope it is mighty big and mean. ::)
Indeed, not for shootin' tin cans.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »

Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »

HA, made it back after the power failure!  Place went dark right before lunchtime and lights just came back on.  Up side is I went outside and smoked one of the MBIII robustos I got today from Holts.
Damn, that was quick delivery!  I ordered Sunday and yesterday was a mail holiday so probably be next week on mine.  Look at the price of them on the Page today and you will quickly realize what a deal that was.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »

Or deer!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2016, 02:19:07 PM »

Deer. Elk. Moose. Bear. Bigfoot. Democrats. Wait, NSA? I was just kidding about that last one.

Properly loaded, it's an all-round rifle, but powerful enough, if needed, for the big animals that tend to hunt back.
LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »

Damn, that was quick delivery!  I ordered Sunday and yesterday was a mail holiday so probably be next week on mine.  Look at the price of them on the Page today and you will quickly realize what a deal that was.
Oh I did, I knew they were expensive,but I had no idea they were that much.  The one I smoked today was very good, so I can't wait until they sit and rest awhile.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »

Tin cans with cannon attached to them maybe.  Good afternoon CB.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:18 PM »

Oh I did, I knew they were expensive,but I had no idea they were that much.  The one I smoked today was very good, so I can't wait until they sit and rest awhile.
They rest very well.  Chip used to be a big MB 3 guy not sure if he still smokes them much or not.
5-6 years ago they used to appear on the Jam and sell out in 5 minutes, usually robustos and they were 5/$27.50 , I still got a few from then but almost gone.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »

Good afternoon Tony & Raz too!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »

LOL, Raz that is a monster caliber not a deer rifle if you wish to eat the bounty.
i wouldn't use it on pheasant or grouse.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2016, 02:23:56 PM »

Town Hall Lull?
We've had a bunch of meetings here today too where many folks are being laid off.

Wonder if I've been invited to any of 'em? My laptop has been in the shitter all day and I've been waiting for support to stop by and "fix" it.
Why is it they always like either leading into Christmas or starting the new year with this organizational adjustment shit.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

Town Hall Lull?
We've had a bunch of meetings here today too where many folks are being laid off.

Wonder if I've been invited to any of 'em? My laptop has been in the shitter all day and I've been waiting for support to stop by and "fix" it.
Now that is the chits there.  Good Luck To You!!!!
I think I'm ok. But like I've mentioned many times before, it's a crappy environment to be in.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

For deer, it must be loaded down. 185 grain bullet. Yadda, yadda. A lot of guys use them up here for deer. But no, you don't do it with factory loads and 250 grain bullets.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18