Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

Read it and weep!

Dow  16,171   -357
We running to the banks?
Not me, just waiting on the correct buying opportunity.
I'm an optimist, so I can't sell...  I believe the financial term for that would be dumbass.
Morning Dad, post us a picture of that new car!
We left a message for a recommended Honda salesman to have called us last Friday morning, my wife's only day off for car shopping.  We sat at home waiting for him to call, but he never did.  I'm not sure if he got the message or not..?  I also wanted to wait another week hoping there would be a Labor Day Sale.  But so for, I only see Honda advertising their End of Summer Sale which is 0% financing, which we do not want.  Again, I can't make up my mind.  We like the Honda Civic EX for $19,210 True Car price (without sales tax, fees, etc.).  But the Accord LX (Basic) is $19,546 (True Car).  The Accord does not have the bells and whistles the Civic has, but it is bigger, better ride, more quiet, and has a larger engine without sacrificing much gas mileage over the Civic (almost the same gas mileage.)  My wife wants the Civic because it's smaller, but I bet the Accord is nicer.  The Civic is rated 50% over average on reliability (excellent), and the Accord is rated 40% above avg.  My wife wants the most reliable car.  We should be going again this Friday.
One thing I don't question is the reliability of Honda Cars relative to all other cars.  Honda is really good stuff mechanically and the electronics.
Agreed there - personally, I would take the bigger car for safety reasons - I wouldn't feel very confident in a civic on an interstate or if I were to get into an accident.  Did you check insurance prices between the two, just to make sure there isn't a huge discrepancy?
Our insurance company (Farmers) will not give out a quote with out the VIN # of the car.  That sounds like a crock of shit to me thou.  Since my wife's car is no longer running, we cancelled the insurance.  They would not cancel it unless we signed a statement saying we sold the car..?  Well, it is going to be sold to a junk yard.  Consumers Report has an article on insurance companies.  Per CR, "Do you know what the most expensive car insurance is..?"  I'll give you a hint, "Flo is in their commercials."  Least expensive car insurance, "USAA."  I wanted to get a quote from USAA, but you have to enter your Soc. Sec. #, and I  hate doing that. Per CR, your car insurance rates are not based on, M/F, age, location, tickets, dwi's, and wrecks, it's based on your credit score.  In 2008-2009 when everyone was loosing their jobs, the States had to come in and put a temporary stop to using credit scores due to the increase of everyone car insurance.  Only 4 or 5 states do not allow credit scores to be used to determine insurance rates.

[...]

Don't worry Flo will be here tomorrow to take your call, use the discount code OBUMMER for a discount

CR is full of crap as usual, it is based on all those items to some degree, tell them you are 24 years old, male and had 2 wrecks and a speeding ticket but have good credit and see what happens.

USAA (right here in TX by the way) is a good company, by insurance standards anyway, but they have some requirements that you have to be a veteran, active military or meet some other military requirements.

[...]

Both 4 door sedans, wouldn't be much difference.
A Cavalier and Impala are both 4 door sedans too, just not sure how the safety ratings fell or what the commie-insurance guys think.
Wait, aren't you a commie-insurance guy?

Have not seen any better suggestions so guess I will have my simple ham sandwich I brought from home.
Logged

[...]

I believe CR stated that a person with 1 dwi and excellent credit rating would have cheaper insurance then some one with a good driving record and poor credit rating.  It's based on, people with poor credit are more likely to file a claim against them, then some one with excellent credit ratings.  I do know that my ex-sister-in-law with a clean driving record, lost her car insurance due to having a poor credit rating.  And she has never missed a car insurance payment in her life, and has been with their company for 35 years.

[...]

It is all based on a secret formula that includes all those factors  but a DUI requires an automatic extremely high risk insurance and once again CR is full of shit as they usually are.
[...]

I went back and looked at the article again, and it does say that driving records do effect your rates, but not at much as credit scores do.  I cut this out:

In Florida, for example, a group of eight hypothetical adult single drivers with a clean driving record and poor credit paid $1,552 more on average than if the exact same drivers had excellent credit and a DWI conviction.

[...]

Yea, CR commies!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon

My friend just called and is stopping by with some beer.  bbl, maybe.. :)

[...]

Believe what you want to.

Off to a fine afternoon of meetings.

Off to a fine afternoon of meetings.
Now that sux!

Take that you fuk'n Sacramento Commies!

California’s 10-day waiting period for gun purchases was ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge this morning in a significant victory for Second Amendment civil rights.

Take that you fuk'n Sacramento Commies!

California’s 10-day waiting period for gun purchases was ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge this morning in a significant victory for Second Amendment civil rights.
Winning.

MANHUNT FOR 3 GUNMEN IN CHICAGO-AREA COP SHOOTING

BREAKING NEWS:  SEVERAL COMMUNITIES NORTH OF CHICAGO are in lock-down as police hunt three armed gunmen suspected in the shooting this morning of a Fox Lake, Ill., police officer.

NOTE;  Strictest Gun Laws in the U.S.???