CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: 8/24/2015  (Read 24743 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 8/24/2015
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »

I finally smoked that cigar I was bitching about so much.  The one where I only won one in a auction of ten singles ($2.25 for the cigar and $6 shipping..)  Anyway it was an Acid Toast 6x50.  I like sweet tipped cigars, but this was the sweetest one I've ever had.  Almost like pouring sugar onto your tongue.  A tight draw.  I had to puff hard 3 times each time to stoke it back up almost all through the smoke.  First 1/3, sugar and very mild flavor.  Going into the 1/2 way point the sugar dropped off and I'll just go with the experts in saying it had the taste of burnt coffee (I think that's what it was.)  So anyway, it wasn't all that great.
I only got one of those in a sampler pack.  Never smoked another, one of the few canal worthy cigars I have smoked.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »

Hey BD, thought we lost you again.  Any improvements in the car search market?

Not Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
We're trying to find the most reliable in our price range of $0.00 to $20,000 max.  Since we can't go back to Toyota, that leaves the Honda Civic (Rated excellent for reliability) by Consumers Report.  They are also having a sale on the 2016 Hyundia Elantras Value, which has allot of interesting features, heated seats, sun roof, back up camera, and I think blind spot, for about $17,500.  It's rated by Consumers Report on reliability of 33% above average.  And the Kia Soul +, due to I'm getting old and it's easy for me to get in and out of (never thought I'd be saying that), and it's 33% above average for reliability, and also high in safety.  So I think that's the next ones we are going to look at.  The Toyota Corolla was rated 30% above average on reliability (Very Good I think).  So the Hyundia and Kia models we are looking at are on par with a Toyota.  I never thought I'd say that either... :)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »

Would all those NOT on vacation please check in?
Lol, seriously.
Ain't nobody looking over my shoulder at the screen today.

Wife in the john then?
Nope just like Dollywood last week, I sent them off with my blessings to sightsee at the Nashville zoo.  I am poolside at the homewood suites.  Let's see walk around a zoo, or enjoy some cigars in peace and quiet.  Hard choice.

Mama didn't raise any dumb children that lived!
Decided on an Olivia V torpedo.  I could get used to smoking cigars by the hotel pool while the women are off sight seeing.  Went to B.B. King's in downtown Nashville last night.  They put the kaboosh on the karaoke bar though. 

But Mama sure did not teach them how to work the banter! ;)   Afternoon Elvis Flip
Nah was going to do Whiskey Girl or walking in Memphis.  No Sinatra or show tunes down south.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »

We're trying to find the most reliable in our price range of $0.00 to $20,000 max.  Since we can't go back to Toyota, that leaves the Honda Civic (Rated excellent for reliability) by Consumers Report.  They are also having a sale on the 2016 Hyundia Elantras Value, which has allot of interesting features, heated seats, sun roof, back up camera, and I think blind spot, for about $17,500.  It's rated by Consumers Report on reliability of 33% above average.  And the Kia Soul +, due to I'm getting old and it's easy for me to get in and out of (never thought I'd be saying that), and it's 33% above average for reliability, and also high in safety.  So I think that's the next ones we are going to look at.  The Toyota Corolla was rated 30% above average on reliability (Very Good I think).  So the Hyundia and Kia models we are looking at are on par with a Toyota.  I never thought I'd say that either... :)
Here goes my head spinning again.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

Good morning, folks.

Danny isn't here yet.  Gotta go make hay while the sun is shining.
That's beautiful, Tony.  I wasn't paying attention, where are you again?
St. Thomas,  U.S. Devirginized Islands.
Cool.  All you vacationing bastiges are making me envious.
Yeah but I have to go back to work next Monday.
Good morning, folks.

I knew I could shame you out of hiding!  Beautiful Place, ENJOY!  Danny should be nothing more than a short lived thunderstorm for you, use that time to put a notch in your belt ;)
God, I hope you didn't mean with the wife.
No. He meant go eat breakfast. You'll have to let a notch out on your belt afterward.

Morning, muchachos.

It is National waffle day. Enjoy a waffle.

I've found them hard to light, and they burn unevenly.
Damn warden and her commie low-carb diet, waffle maker is just a dust collector now.
I won't tell you then how good the waffles are that my wife makes for me most Saturdays. Don't want you to be envious or anything.
I have a pretty good memory of how good these were, now I can't get em out of my mind - thanks Flip!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

Yea, yea, don't remind me.
Hey, at least I stirred up a few posts and woke Dad up from his slumber.

No TAPATALK here either
Hey, I've been busy.  Since my wife doesn't have a car I have to take her to work at 10pm and pick her up at 6am.  I'm just not getting my 9 to 10 hours sleep anymore...

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2015, 02:07:41 PM »

Back from lunch

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »

Double-LALTS

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »

Sounds like you have a plan.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2015, 02:09:23 PM »

Subaru baby

Sent from DeezNutz using Tapatalk

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »

Back from lunch
Welcome Back, glad you could join us.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »

Subaru baby

Sent from DeezNutz using Tapatalk
Official ride of the Rainbow Coalition

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:13 PM »

Good morning, folks.

That's beautiful, Tony.  I wasn't paying attention, where are you again?
St. Thomas,  U.S. Devirginized Islands.
Cool.  All you vacationing bastiges are making me envious.
Yeah but I have to go back to work next Monday.
Good morning, folks.

I knew I could shame you out of hiding!  Beautiful Place, ENJOY!  Danny should be nothing more than a short lived thunderstorm for you, use that time to put a notch in your belt ;)
God, I hope you didn't mean with the wife.
No. He meant go eat breakfast. You'll have to let a notch out on your belt afterward.

Morning, muchachos.

It is National waffle day. Enjoy a waffle.

I've found them hard to light, and they burn unevenly.
Damn warden and her commie low-carb diet, waffle maker is just a dust collector now.
I won't tell you then how good the waffles are that my wife makes for me most Saturdays. Don't want you to be envious or anything.
I have a pretty good memory of how good these were, now I can't get em out of my mind - thanks Flip!
You are more than welcome.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »

FYI: 
Cigar Page e-mail of their daily deal is almost a repeat of a deal they had two weeks ago on Buena Vista cigars (listed on CI BLOB). I bit last time 3 boxes of 10 for under $60. Cigars are well constructed, no cello with neck & foot bands, nice box with cedar inserts. I'm pleased with the cigar @ $2 a stick. Probably won't win any CA awards, but a good solid smoke. Box says, "Geneve, Switzerland". Better than the Guantanamera Habano Crystales I had last night.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »

Sounds like you have a plan.

It does? ???
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19