« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »

What an interesting meeting that was!  Bitch was all up in my anus all the way to  the prostate when she decided she was getting the big boss to come in there and voice his opinion..... My immediate boss had already given in to her and my counterpart never thought I was correct...... So big boss comes in and says what is wrong with David's idea it addresses the big picture and represents what has been needed for over 10 years and what he wanted to do.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Right now I am LMFAO!
I can feel the temperature dropping in that office from here!
Well in my little cube here the temp is quite cool but in the head beaches office it is very very  high.  In my immediate bosses office it is high because she knows that every time she does not stick with me on the things she gets murdered.........  It is quite warm in my counterparts cube too because he was all in thinking he was fixing to win one.

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
That is semi correct.  Armadillo's due to their lower body temperature have been used in the laboratory for growing/maintaining Mycobacterium leprae for many years.  They are not known as a carrier in the wild however.

http://dmm.biologists.org/content/6/1/19.full

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
Except it's not a bullshit story. They do carry the Hansen's virus. Human infection is rare, but they carry it.
Carrying and catching are two completely different things
Yes, I work with epidemiologists and I passed college biology, so I know how it works.

There were several recent human infections due to contact with Armadillos. It happens.

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

[...]
I think you'll be able to carry this victory into vacation week.

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2015, 12:29:08 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
That is semi correct.  Armadillo's due to their lower body temperature have been used in the laboratory for growing/maintaining Mycobacterium leprae for many years.  They are not known as a carrier in the wild however.

http://dmm.biologists.org/content/6/1/19.full
Sheesh. Fellas, I work for a state Dept of Health, integrating data on disease and infection. I'm not making this shit up.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/21/florida-leprosy-infected-armadillos/30465365/

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:01 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
That is semi correct.  Armadillo's due to their lower body temperature have been used in the laboratory for growing/maintaining Mycobacterium leprae for many years.  They are not known as a carrier in the wild however.  I misspoke, they can be a carrier, but transmission is very rare.

http://dmm.biologists.org/content/6/1/19.full

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »

[...]

Which is what I originally said. Infection is rare, but it happens.

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
Except it's not a bullshit story. They do carry the Hansen's virus. Human infection is rare, but they carry it.
Caution with this however, it's Hansen's Disease.  The agent is a bacterium, not a virus (thank goodness for us) so it can  be treated with antibiotics.

« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Interesting. Pretty rare, but still a carrier. I guess I'll try not to put my foot through one... or lick it.
I have picked the bastards up by the tail and don't have leprosy...... another old bullshit story.  Just choot um with a 22 mag and then bbq the bastards
Except it's not a bullshit story. They do carry the Hansen's virus. Human infection is rare, but they carry it.
Caution with this however, it's Hansen's Disease.  The agent is a bacterium, not a virus (thank goodness for us) so it can  be treated with antibiotics.
Sorry, mistyped when I said virus. It is the leprae bacterium.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:41 PM »

[...]
I guess you can just smile in her direction all day and still go home with a good cigar to celebrate.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »

What an interesting meeting that was!  Bitch was all up in my anus all the way to  the prostate when she decided she was getting the big boss to come in there and voice his opinion..... My immediate boss had already given in to her and my counterpart never thought I was correct...... So big boss comes in and says what is wrong with David's idea it addresses the big picture and represents what has been needed for over 10 years and what he wanted to do.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Right now I am LMFAO!
Sweet!  One for the good guys!

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »

[...]

You work for a political organization run by teet suckers that you regularly say don't know shit and quote a well known communist news source and expect us to believe you????  Really?

« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »

[...]
You got it right Chip, it is fun to win one once in a while.  I was actually afraid he was going to throw me under the bus to save her face but he actually did the right thing.

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »

[...]

The IT people don't know shit, and the epidemiologists don't know shit about IT but think they know everything. What they do know is epidemiology.

And GFY.

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »

[...]

Very much a pet peeve of mine....often the error is made in print and broadcast news.