« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)
I have probably permanently removed at least a few hundred of them from Louisiana.  Tried all sorts of bullets and found the very most effective at less than 50 yards is a .22 Winchester Mag Hollowpoint.    This also proves the lack of luster for those that insist a .38 revolver with normal day-to-day ammo is an effective self defense tool.  It is ok with +p or +P+ high performance hollow points but only OK.
Agreed - that wouldn't be my pistol of choice.  It might scare them, but wouldn't stop them.
Shot placement.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Great song. Wasn't that Dewy Cox.  8)

Morning, Bret... GFY!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.
Raz!

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:02 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Great song. Wasn't that Dewy Cox.  8)

Morning, Bret... GFY!
Thanks, kindly, Steve.  I still haven't seen that movie, which is a crime. Better send me a second GFY.

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Sam!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2015, 10:27:44 AM »

[...]

I'll send it out SurePost, so it should be there a day after you expect it.  :P

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »

[...]

Does an unexpected GFY constitute rape?

« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
My guess would be a ricochete off of the ground from a miss or through the critter and then off of the ground.  Sounds like he was close enough to pick it up and move it.

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:08 AM »

[...]

According to Trump, not if you're married
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »

[...]

Well that settles it then. He oughta know, he knows everything.

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:17 AM »

Fuk'n meeting time!   Rather have a scrotum piercing I think.
I'm sure something can be arranged across the way from Cedar Street next visit.

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.
You're welcome!  ::)  :D