CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/4/2015  (Read 38908 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 8/4/2015
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »

Armadillos are bulletproof.

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

No one knows what became of the armadillo, or if it was even hurt.
Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)
I have probably permanently removed at least a few hundred of them from Louisiana.  Tried all sorts of bullets and found the very most effective at less than 50 yards is a .22 Winchester Mag Hollowpoint.    This also proves the lack of luster for those that insist a .38 revolver with normal day-to-day ammo is an effective self defense tool.  It is ok with +p or +P+ high performance hollow points but only OK.
Agreed - that wouldn't be my pistol of choice.  It might scare them, but wouldn't stop them.
Shot placement.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »

That's the conclusion people are drawing after a man failed to kill one with three gunshots. According to Reuters, the unnamed man walked out of his Marietta home at 3 a.m. with a .38 revolver, intending to make short work of the short animal. At least one bullet ricocheted back at the man, hitting him in the head. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut.

Sheesh!  I remember killing those little bastards all the time when we would vacation in Texas.  My parents would send me out with our old semi-auto .22 and I would just kill everything in sight...RIP Cecil  :'(    ;)

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Great song. Wasn't that Dewy Cox.  8)

Morning, Bret... GFY!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.
Raz!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:02 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Morning, Bret... GFY!
Thanks, kindly, Steve.  I still haven't seen that movie, which is a crime. Better send me a second GFY.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »

CyB's mashing again at $19 which is a heck of a nice deal when you buy 4 and use Catsrule -  IMHO
Okay, would everyone STFU with the enabling? I'm just getting my fun budget back in shape and you yahoos are trying to spend it all in one day. Sheesh.

Morning, muchachos.
Raz!
Sam!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2015, 10:27:44 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Morning, Bret... GFY!
Thanks, kindly, Steve.  I still haven't seen that movie, which is a crime. Better send me a second GFY.

I'll send it out SurePost, so it should be there a day after you expect it.  :P

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Morning, Bret... GFY!

I'll send it out SurePost, so it should be there a day after you expect it. 
Does an unexpected GFY constitute rape?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »

My guess would be a ricochete off of the ground from a miss or through the critter and then off of the ground.  Sounds like he was close enough to pick it up and move it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.
Another guest appearance.  The mayor is around almost as much as our Governor.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2015, 10:32:08 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Morning, Bret... GFY!

According to Trump, not if you're married

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »

Good morning, fellas.  Another heavily workaferenced day here.  Just thought I'd throw out a GFY to one and all since it was Tuesday.

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2015, 10:37:17 AM »

ANIMAL KILLER!
Guilty as charged.

Morning, Bret... GFY!

According to Trump, not if you're married
Well that settles it then. He oughta know, he knows everything.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

Really. A good kick could have made it the neighbors problem.
And exposed the kicker to leprosy. Bonus.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:17 AM »

Fuk'n meeting time!   Rather have a scrotum piercing I think.
I'm sure something can be arranged across the way from Cedar Street next visit.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
You're welcome!  ::)  :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22