CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: 5/13/2015  (Read 34715 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 5/13/2015
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave, Bean, Dean, Dogfish and Mr. Mayor.  Happy humpday!
Morning Dave, how was last night's Caliherf?
Very nice, except for the long drive for me.  I think Yellow star was a little afraid of us at first and didn't bring the little lady for fear of tales of melamine jars and such, but a fine visit overall.  Only downside.... out of VaS.
Too bad about the VaS, they just can't make enough of that stuff
OK, what's VaS?  Bastige acronyms.
Victory at Sea by Ballast Point.
Had to google it.  Damn, they have a variety which looks pretty good, but that VaS looks a little too far down the fru-fru scale for my taste.
They have some of them at HEB, Sculpin is a great beer but expensive and they usually have that one.
Sculpin is what I was enjoying last night.
you must have kept Yellowstars out too late he should have shown up by now.
His priorities are a little screwy.... something about vacation and zoo's and beach time.
Well we will not tell him, but I think the Warden is running the show.

The warden always runs the show.
Not around my house! ::)
Yes, very much ditto.
Have you guys examined the current state of marriage-related case law? The warden runs the show.   Some wardens may be decent enough human beings not to exercise their power, and most would prefer that their husband was man enough to be a leader, but anyone who thinks husbands run the show is living in a fantasy world.  ;-)
Maybe around your house but that is  your own fault. 
Yeah, yeah...meanwhile my agency is providing vital records data all over the country to help local governments collect alimony and child support, very often from men who aren't the biological father of the children they're supporting.  It's all good until it goes to court.  Then the wife has everything in her favor.  ;-)
Well, if you're a deadbeat dad, sure, you've got nothing.
How about if you're soldier who was in-country on an extended 14-month deployment, and returned to find your wife holding a newborn.  You know how most states assess paternity at that point, for purposes of collecting child support?  By whether there was a marriage certificate in place when the child was born.  And if you try to pursue the argument that "the child isn't mine," you have a costly, uphill battle in court ahead of you.  And that's just one example I've seen a lot of (because I used to be the one to provide the data sets).

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2015, 11:31:01 AM »

Very nice, except for the long drive for me.  I think Yellow star was a little afraid of us at first and didn't bring the little lady for fear of tales of melamine jars and such, but a fine visit overall.  Only downside.... out of VaS.
Had to google it.  Damn, they have a variety which looks pretty good, but that VaS looks a little too far down the fru-fru scale for my taste.
They have some of them at HEB, Sculpin is a great beer but expensive and they usually have that one.
His priorities are a little screwy.... something about vacation and zoo's and beach time.

Yes, very much ditto.
Have you guys examined the current state of marriage-related case law? The warden runs the show.   Some wardens may be decent enough human beings not to exercise their power, and most would prefer that their husband was man enough to be a leader, but anyone who thinks husbands run the show is living in a fantasy world.  ;-)
Yeah, yeah...meanwhile my agency is providing vital records data all over the country to help local governments collect alimony and child support, very often from men who aren't the biological father of the children they're supporting.  It's all good until it goes to court.  Then the wife has everything in her favor.  ;-)
How about if you're soldier who was in-country on an extended 14-month deployment, and returned to find your wife holding a newborn.  You know how most states assess paternity at that point, for purposes of collecting child support?  By whether there was a marriage certificate in place when the child was born.  And if you try to pursue the argument that "the child isn't mine," you have a costly, uphill battle in court ahead of you.  And that's just one example I've seen a lot of (because I used to be the one to provide the data sets).
Cheaper than the cost of a child for 18 years, I'm guessing.

sfish

« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »

Yes, very much ditto.
Filthy sluts!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2015, 11:37:33 AM »

Agreed that it is my own fault.  But now I've made my bed and I'll have to pray to God that I die in it sooner than later.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »

Yes, very much ditto.
Only if you win, which most don't.  My point, and I'll dump it here because I have to work, is not to discuss marital roles, but how the law looks at marriage.  Once upon a time, men had the leg up as far as the law was concerned.  It isn't so anymore, and it isn't anyone's definition of "equitable."  Women have the advantage.  Some contend there are good reasons for that, others grouse about it.  But it is what it is.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »

Morning, all.  Nice herf last night except for what Dave already pointed out... no Victory at Sea.  It definitely rattled me for a bit.
Understandable and completely unacceptable!

Total joke.  Go get some more, the brewery is right down the street.  Had a couple other decent beers, though... Abita Bourbon Street bourbon barrel aged, which I liked because it wasn't overly sweet, and an Alesmith Speedway stout, which is a pretty heavy coffee stout.  12% ABV.  Comes in 750ml bottles at the store so it's always rough getting through one myself, so it was nice to be able to get it by the glass.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2015, 11:43:29 AM »

Yes, very much ditto.
None of which applies to me! 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »

Good morning gents-post and run for me. Off to the Zoo!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »

Tornado watch here now and right at lunchtime too. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:46 AM »

Enjoy your day.  We have annual passes so we go there quite often. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »

Don't fall in the Lion's cage!  Hi and Bye CG.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »

See ya, monkey man.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

Yes, very much ditto.
Only if you win, which most don't.  My point, and I'll dump it here because I have to work, is not to discuss marital roles, but how the law looks at marriage.  Once upon a time, men had the leg up as far as the law was concerned.  It isn't so anymore, and it isn't anyone's definition of "equitable."  Women have the advantage.  Some contend there are good reasons for that, others grouse about it.  But it is what it is.
Not really sure any of that applies, since we're talking about women running the house, not the divorce court.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2015, 11:53:57 AM »

Yes, very much ditto.
None of which applies to me!
Thanks for some big blessings!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »

Not really sure any of that applies, since we're talking about women running the house, not the divorce court.
I guess the point is, they run the house because they can.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20