CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: 2/5/2015  (Read 59531 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 2/5/2015
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »

Damn i should have brought some lunch today it is cold as hell outside and I really don't want to get back out to go get some lunch.
It 9 degrees here in St. Louis, with a little sprinkle of ice... So, I'm glad to be inside today too.. :)
Morning Dad!  Idon't miss those MO winter days one bit.  Glad you reminded me I don't belong there in the winter!
Happy thristy Thursday TR, Flip, Joe, Dave(s), Bret, and Goofballs..!
I take it you've listed me in the later category?
hello Dad.
So did you make Biker Momma feel better Deano?
Good to see you're still able to report in.
she'll be fine. her husband is 75, ten years older than she is. he has aged quickly the last few years and she feels more like a care giver than partner/wife.
Yea, we do move into those stages...

dwgbryant

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »

Damn i should have brought some lunch today it is cold as hell outside and I really don't want to get back out to go get some lunch.
It 9 degrees here in St. Louis, with a little sprinkle of ice... So, I'm glad to be inside today too.. :)
Morning Dad!  Idon't miss those MO winter days one bit.  Glad you reminded me I don't belong there in the winter!
hello Dad.
she'll be fine. her husband is 75, ten years older than she is. he has aged quickly the last few years and she feels more like a care giver than partner/wife.
Yea, we do move into those stages...
.....and because I'm his friend she feels she can trust me to say what she has to deal with, not very fair putting me in the middle like that.
:(

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »

hello Dad.
As my buddy Shadow always says: "it's not the years, but the milage!".

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »

hello Dad.
So was she the same age as him when she made the decision to marry him?   DAhhhh what did she expect, maybe she thought Obamacare would take care of him.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2015, 01:37:12 PM »

So all you heathans, I went to church for lunch.    Oven fried jalapeno chicken, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus, Jesus bread, cheesecake and ice tea all for a grand total including tax, tip and license of $9.  Best part right across the street so no long walk in the cold and who knows might go to heaven now.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

I'm going to get off for now.  My drinking friend is texting me..  Be back later, maybe..?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »

I'm going to get off for now.  My drinking friend is texting me..  Be back later, maybe..?
Uh Ohhhh not him again, stay away from that toaster.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »

hello Dad.
So was she the same age as him when she made the decision to marry him?   DAhhhh what did she expect, maybe she thought Obamacare would take care of him.
That's what Dean should tell her....Obama's fault!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:41 PM »

Batten down the hatches, there be rough seas ahead!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2015, 02:03:48 PM »

So all you heathans, I went to church for lunch.    Oven fried jalapeno chicken, roasted potatoes, steamed asparagus, Jesus bread, cheesecake and ice tea all for a grand total including tax, tip and license of $9.  Best part right across the street so no long walk in the cold and who knows might go to heaven now.
what religion was this, I might convert!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

So what, do you have to go to heaven for the coffee?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »

That sounds like a ripoff.  The soup kitchen in the church nearby serves something similar and is free.  They even throw in a couple of pantry items for you to take with you.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »

OK, enough fun at the office for one day.  I'm outta here.  Enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend, all.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »

what religion was this, I might convert!
Episcopal, heard about it but never tried it before.   They do it every Thursday and the deal is they have some high tone 5-star local chef that volunteers to direct the food prep and serving then church volunteers do all the other work. It serves as a fundraiser for their feeding the homeless program.   VEry nice high brow church and the food was outstanding.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

OK, enough fun at the office for one day.  I'm outta here.  Enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend, all.
You put in some overtime today.  Have a good weeken Joe
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23