CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 05, 2016, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: CigarBanter on September 05, 2016, 12:00:03 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2016, 12:03:06 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 12:10:19 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
Yeah, how about that.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2016, 12:15:11 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
Yeah, how about that.  (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji19.png)
Defensive struggle.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 12:37:42 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
That's not fair. Wasn't half the Irish team arrested?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 05:57:07 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
How 'bout them Houston Cougars, did not need any overtime to kick the Sooners ass,
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:00:05 AM
Morning People's , Happy Labor Day!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:14:33 AM
And besides Labor Day,

September 5 is … Be Late For Something Day
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:15:50 AM
At the Sister Today:

Whoops!
We're sorry, but the promotion you were looking for is not available at this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:18:35 AM
Disappointing Room 101 offer at the Cigar Fu:

Room 101 Connies your choice of Torpedos or Churchills $75/box.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: cigarbreath on September 05, 2016, 06:31:45 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
How 'bout them Houston Cougars, did not need any overtime to kick the Sooners ass,
A Labor Day GFY!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 06:50:55 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:04:34 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:04:49 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
How 'bout them Houston Cougars, did not need any overtime to kick the Sooners ass,
A Labor Day GFY!
;D
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:21:40 AM
Cuddling Lull?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:33:50 AM
At the Sister Today:

Whoops!
We're sorry, but the promotion you were looking for is not available at this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Update:

They should have stuck with the Whoops!

DPG Blues 10/$47.50
5 Vegas & CAO's - Price does not matter
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:34:26 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
That's not fair. Wasn't half the Irish team arrested?
Just the defense half.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:04:44 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
How'bout them Longhorns?  2OT's over the Irish.  Oh, and a Labor Day Jam!
Yeah, how about that.
:-X
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:06:10 AM
Cuddling Lull?
Speak for yourself.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:07:19 AM
At the Sister Today:

Whoops!
We're sorry, but the promotion you were looking for is not available at this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Update:

They should have stuck with the Whoops!

DPG Blues 10/$47.50
5 Vegas & CAO's - Price does not matter
Adding insult to cheapy cheapo ND insult...
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:08:05 AM

Today in History

Today is Monday, Sept. 5, the 249th day of 2016. There are 117 days left in the year. This is Labor Day.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Sept. 5, 1882, the nation's first Labor Day was celebrated with a parade in New York. (Although Labor Day now takes place on the first Monday of September, this initial celebration occurred on a Tuesday.)

On this date:

In 1774, the first Continental Congress assembled in Philadelphia.

In 1836, Sam Houston was elected president of the Republic of Texas.

In 1914, the First Battle of the Marne, resulting in a French-British victory over Germany, began during World War I.

In 1939, four days after war had broken out in Europe, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued a proclamation declaring U.S. neutrality in the conflict.

In 1945, Japanese-American Iva Toguri D'Aquino, suspected of being wartime broadcaster "Tokyo Rose," was arrested in Yokohama. (D'Aquino was later convicted of treason and served six years in prison; she was pardoned in 1977 by President Gerald R. Ford.)

In 1957, the novel "On the Road," by Jack Kerouac, was first published by Viking Press.

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed legislation making aircraft hijackings a federal crime.

In 1972, the Palestinian group Black September attacked the Israeli Olympic delegation at the Munich Games; 11 Israelis, five guerrillas and a police officer were killed in the resulting siege.

In 1975, President Gerald R. Ford escaped an attempt on his life by Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, a disciple of Charles Manson, in Sacramento, California.

In 1986, four hijackers who had seized a Pan Am jumbo jet on the ground in Karachi, Pakistan, opened fire when the lights inside the plane failed; a total of 20 people were killed before Pakistani commandos stormed the jetliner.

In 1991, the 35th annual Naval Aviation Symposium held by the Tailhook Association opened in Las Vegas; during the four-day gathering, there were reports that dozens of people, most of them women, were sexually assaulted or otherwise harassed. (The episode triggered the resignation of Navy Secretary H. Lawrence Garrett and the early retirement of Adm. Frank B. Kelso, then the chief of naval operations.)

In 1996, Hurricane Fran reached Cape Fear, North Carolina, hours before barreling ashore. (The National Weather Service says 26 deaths were caused by Fran, 14 of them in North Carolina.)

Ten years ago: A cook was charged with shooting and dismembering the owner of a Maine bed-and-breakfast and three other people in a Labor Day weekend rampage (Christian Nielsen was later sentenced to life in prison). Felipe Calderon was declared Mexico's president-elect after two months of uncertainty over a disputed election. Boeing executive Alan Mulally was named president and CEO of Ford Motor Co., succeeding Bill Ford, the great-grandson of founder Henry Ford. Katie Couric began a five-year run as principal anchor of "The CBS Evening News."

Five years ago: President Barack Obama used a boisterous Labor Day rally in Detroit to put congressional Republicans on the spot, challenging them to place the country's interests above all else and vote to create jobs and put the economy back on a path toward growth. The prosecution's first witness in the trial of ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Gen. Hussein Moussa, startled the court by testifying that police had not been ordered to fire on protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square, contradicting prosecutors' central claim.

One year ago: Germans waving welcome signs in German, English and Arabic gathered at a train station to welcome the first group of a wave of migrants fleeing conflict in the Middle East, Afghanistan and Africa. Actress Setsuko Hara, 95, star of director Yasujiro Ozu's "Tokyo Story" and many other Japanese classics, died in Kamakura.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:08:37 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former Federal Reserve Board chairman Paul A. Volcker is 89. Comedian-actor Bob Newhart is 87. Actress-singer Carol Lawrence is 84. Actor William Devane is 77. Actor George Lazenby is 77. Actress Raquel Welch is 76. Movie director Werner Herzog is 74. Singer Al Stewart is 71. Actor-director Dennis Dugan is 70. College Football Hall of Famer Jerry LeVias is 70. Singer Loudon Wainwright III is 70. "Cathy" cartoonist Cathy Guisewite (GYZ'-wyt) is 66. Actor Michael Keaton is 65. Country musician Jamie Oldaker (The Tractors) is 65. Actress Debbie Turner-Larson (Marta in "The Sound of Music") is 60. Actress Kristian Alfonso is 53. Rhythm-and-blues singer Terry Ellis is 53. Rock musician Brad Wilk is 48. TV personality Dweezil Zappa is 47. Actress Rose McGowan is 43. Actress Carice Van Houten is 40. Actor Andrew Ducote is 30. Actress Kat Graham is 30. Olympic gold medal figure skater Kim Yu-na is 26. Actor Skandar Keynes is 25.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:09:00 AM
Thought for Today: "Ideas are one thing, and what happens is another." - John Cage, American avant-garde composer (born this date in 1912, died in 1992).
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:09:33 AM
Morning Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:10:32 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
I'll agree with you today for a change Dean.  Well except for the going out an laboring part...
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:13:19 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
I'll agree with you today for a change Dean.  Well except for the going out an laboring part...
Fact is it is Labor Day and not Monday :). I did not include today in my Monday Countdown.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:13:37 AM
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:13:43 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:18:21 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
I know it's a bit of a ride, but have you ventured out to Corona Cigar yet Dean?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:18:53 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:20:23 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
I'd still do her.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:20:59 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
I know it's a bit of a ride, but have you ventured out to Corona Cigar yet Dean?
no. where is it?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:26:06 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
And still not too bad looking, she would sure enough be a Dean Trophy!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:26:47 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
I know it's a bit of a ride, but have you ventured out to Corona Cigar yet Dean?
no. where is it?
Orlando area but I believe they have a new Davidoff Store in Tampa
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:28:30 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
I know it's a bit of a ride, but have you ventured out to Corona Cigar yet Dean?
no. where is it?
Orlando area but I believe they have a new Davidoff Store in Tampa
Here ya go ( Orlando is the premier location)

http://www.coronacigar.com/Retail-Locations/
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:34:34 AM
Duke University creates a ‘safe space’ room for ‘marginalized’ students ‘to heal.’ Yes, let’s prepare them for the real world, where you’re on your own and no one’s going to give you a special room to heal.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:36:42 AM
Crazy California Legislators Approve Cow Fart Legislation to Curb Gas Emissions. I don’t know what the actual solution will be but suspect the below photo has something to do with it.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:38:42 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:40:45 AM
Duke University creates a ‘safe space’ room for ‘marginalized’ students ‘to heal.’ Yes, let’s prepare them for the real world, where you’re on your own and no one’s going to give you a special room to heal.
.... but the govt will take care of them! they call it WELFARE.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:45:29 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:47:14 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
I'd still do her.
Well, duh!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:48:13 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Morning Dean, FUK Laboring!

I do have to mow the back yard though. :(
my day is planned:
a trip to the B&M, a noon meeting. and to Home Depot for 'door stop', 1/4"x3/4" screen molding, a few 3/16" masonry bits, and 5/16" hex head nut drivers.
let the 'dragging' begin.
I know it's a bit of a ride, but have you ventured out to Corona Cigar yet Dean?
no. where is it?
Orlando area but I believe they have a new Davidoff Store in Tampa
Here ya go ( Orlando is the premier location)

http://www.coronacigar.com/Retail-Locations/
yea, what he said.   :D
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 08:53:44 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
okay. there's a great philly cheese steak place in Crystal River just north of me that was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives, we could meet at then drive to my place to drop your car off before heading out for a 'tour'.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:56:30 AM
I guess Bean is in the fetal position in his Safe Room this morning.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:57:37 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
okay. there's a great philly cheese steak place in Crystal River just north of me that was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives, we could meet at then drive to my place to drop your car off before heading out for a 'tour'.
Fine with me but Make it easy on yourself.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:00:44 AM
At the Page:

A big Deal is coming...
Please come back after some minutes and your Deal will show here.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 09:03:08 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
okay. there's a great philly cheese steak place in Crystal River just north of me that was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives, we could meet at then drive to my place to drop your car off before heading out for a 'tour'.
Fine with me but Make it easy on yourself.
they have a facebook notice about flood damage and may be closed for repairs. 'easy' is my middle name. a good chinese, or mexican, or seafood places close by too.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 09:05:12 AM
I guess Bean is in the fetal position in his Safe Room this morning.
You might be right.  Entertaining game to watch for sure.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:06:25 AM
At the Page:

A big Deal is coming...
Please come back after some minutes and your Deal will show here.
A big deal has come...... Somewhere but not at the Page!

Small smorgasbord of mostly overpriced crap.

No trinkets today either.

Crap, it is also a 2-day deal.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:07:38 AM
I guess Bean is in the fetal position in his Safe Room this morning.
You might be right.  Entertaining game to watch for sure.
It was a good game to watch, TX has come a long way and that Freshman Q'back looks like the real deal.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:09:42 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
okay. there's a great philly cheese steak place in Crystal River just north of me that was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives, we could meet at then drive to my place to drop your car off before heading out for a 'tour'.
Fine with me but Make it easy on yourself.
they have a facebook notice about flood damage and may be closed for repairs. 'easy' is my middle name. a good chinese, or mexican, or seafood places close by too.
I would be real good with seafood or your Philly Place if open.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 09:11:22 AM
so TexDave. what would you like to do/see Thurday afternoon other than smoke cigars?
I will have limited time because I have to drive to Orlando.

Maybe a cigar and some lemon aide, a brief tour of the area sites and I will buy you dinner at the place of your choice then head to Orlando.
okay. there's a great philly cheese steak place in Crystal River just north of me that was on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives, we could meet at then drive to my place to drop your car off before heading out for a 'tour'.
Fine with me but Make it easy on yourself.
they have a facebook notice about flood damage and may be closed for repairs. 'easy' is my middle name. a good chinese, or mexican, or seafood places close by too.
I would be real good with seafood or your Philly Place if open.
sounds like a plan.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:15:32 AM
Guess I will switch to the labor mode and get to work on the back yard.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 09:16:30 AM
time to start my running around.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 09:17:02 AM
time to start my running around.
Enjoy and don't over-labor.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: flip from jersey on September 05, 2016, 09:23:25 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Yesterday i had a Snapple and a Gurkha legend 2001 Vintage - the reblend.
Wasn't too bad, with some humidor time on it, but I still prefer the original blend.
Oh and Good morning boys,  got a call to check stuff at work.  so I thought I'd long in since
this is where the bookmark lives.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:25:39 AM
And besides Labor Day,

September 5 is … Be Late For Something Day
I've got that handled.

Good morning and happy Labor Day to all.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:33:12 AM

Today in History

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed legislation making aircraft hijackings a federal crime.

In 1986, four hijackers who had seized a Pan Am jumbo jet on the ground in Karachi, Pakistan, opened fire when the lights inside the plane failed; a total of 20 people were killed before Pakistani commandos stormed the jetliner.

I wonder if it's a federal offense in Pakistan too.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: flip from jersey on September 05, 2016, 09:33:18 AM
And besides Labor Day,

September 5 is … Be Late For Something Day
I've got that handled.

Good morning and happy Labor Day to all.
but not for Cheese Pizza day! which it also is!
would have been my 35th wedding anniversary,
if the first warden, didn't fly the coop after 6 years.
Ok back to work,
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 09:35:39 AM
time to start my running around.
Nope....just too easy.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:36:44 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 09:39:30 AM
Morning, all.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 09:40:55 AM
I guess Bean is in the fetal position in his Safe Room this morning.
You might be right.  Entertaining game to watch for sure.
It was a good game to watch, TX has come a long way and that Freshman Q'back looks like the real deal.
As much as I would have preferred a different outcome, the TX program needed that win, so happy for Charlie and the boys.  And yeah, the QB will be one to watch.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:42:55 AM
good morning and Happy Labor Day. now go out and labor. I love Mondays. coffee and Short Story watching the sun come up.
Yesterday i had a Snapple and a Gurkha legend 2001 Vintage - the reblend.
Wasn't too bad, with some humidor time on it, but I still prefer the original blend.
Oh and Good morning boys,  got a call to check stuff at work.  so I thought I'd long in since
this is where the bookmark lives.
Good morning, Flip.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 09:43:35 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:43:50 AM
Morning, all.
You're early. I guess you didn't get the TXDave's post?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 09:44:14 AM
Good morning Daves, flip, Mr. Mayor, and RunAroundDean.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:44:54 AM
I guess Bean is in the fetal position in his Safe Room this morning.
You might be right.  Entertaining game to watch for sure.
It was a good game to watch, TX has come a long way and that Freshman Q'back looks like the real deal.
As much as I would have preferred a different outcome, the TX program needed that win, so happy for Charlie and the boys.  And yeah, the QB will be one to watch.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:45:46 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
It does help. Thank you.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 09:47:13 AM
Morning, all.
You're early. I guess you didn't get the TXDave's post?
LALTS. I haven't logged in yet, I could always just miss my in time, celebrate the day properly.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 09:48:08 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 09:56:59 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 09:58:24 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Of course, but add "college football" to my trigger warning list first.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 09:59:22 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
One of them.  The changing posters cleverly showed the progression of years he worked on his escape.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 10:02:24 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
One of them.  The changing posters cleverly showed the progression of years he worked on his escape.
I loved that movie but can hardly remember any of it. Not one I think I can watch with the kids yet.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 10:05:14 AM
Speaking of the kids, I think I'll go make some waffles.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 10:10:28 AM
I cannot believe the number of people complaining about not having power yet, or when are the Feds going to help them because they have no insurance! WTF people, you've lived here through multiple storms and hurricanes. have you ever heard of GENERATORS! and if you can't afford insurance - MOVE!
I do not want my tax dollars fixing your fucking house!
that's basically what I told them, and I still have all the teeth I started with.
😉
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 05, 2016, 10:10:52 AM
back to my running around.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 10:24:47 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
Yes indeed, but a bit of trivia....movie/poster wasn't out until a year after when it supposedly appeared in the movie.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 10:25:35 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
One of them.  The changing posters cleverly showed the progression of years he worked on his escape.
I loved that movie but can hardly remember any of it. Not one I think I can watch with the kids yet.
All they'll see are dinosaurs.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 10:26:13 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor, Dave, Mr. RecoveryBean and Flip.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 10:27:46 AM
Raquel Welch is 76..... :o
That's the only one that really caught my eye too. Sheesh.
Perhaps this will help.
(https://eurolade.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/6a010536b86d36970c0133f3c7a63e970b-800wi.jpg)
What say you there fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Was that the poster over the hole?
The last one, yeah.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 10:28:31 AM
I cannot believe the number of people complaining about not having power yet, or when are the Feds going to help them because they have no insurance! WTF people, you've lived here through multiple storms and hurricanes. have you ever heard of GENERATORS! and if you can't afford insurance - MOVE!
I do not want my tax dollars fixing your fucking house!
that's basically what I told them, and I still have all the teeth I started with.
😉
You should see all the great new houses my taxes built along the Jersey Shore since Sandy.  Was down in Beach Haven last month and the island never looked so good.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 10:31:26 AM
I cannot believe the number of people complaining about not having power yet, or when are the Feds going to help them because they have no insurance! WTF people, you've lived here through multiple storms and hurricanes. have you ever heard of GENERATORS! and if you can't afford insurance - MOVE!
I do not want my tax dollars fixing your fucking house!
that's basically what I told them, and I still have all the teeth I started with.
😉
You should see all the great new houses my taxes built along the Jersey Shore since Sandy.  Was down in Beach Haven last month and the island never looked so good.
Technically speaking your taxes were spent 30 years ago.  The feds are spending your grandchildren's' taxes at this point.  So even better.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
Jam is moving faster than the banter now.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:03:30 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:04:43 AM
I cannot believe the number of people complaining about not having power yet, or when are the Feds going to help them because they have no insurance! WTF people, you've lived here through multiple storms and hurricanes. have you ever heard of GENERATORS! and if you can't afford insurance - MOVE!
I do not want my tax dollars fixing your fucking house!
that's basically what I told them, and I still have all the teeth I started with.
😉
You should see all the great new houses my taxes built along the Jersey Shore since Sandy.  Was down in Beach Haven last month and the island never looked so good.
Technically speaking your taxes were spent 30 years ago.  The feds are spending your grandchildren's' taxes at this point.  So even better.
Looks like Raz jacked Bean's account.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:05:54 AM
Got my Laboring done for the day.  Need to take my truck to the car wash but that might be a bit too much labor.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 11:09:33 AM
Got my Laboring done for the day.  Need to take my truck to the car wash but that might be a bit too much labor.
Some rain chances for later today, so might want to reconsider.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:11:59 AM
Got my Laboring done for the day.  Need to take my truck to the car wash but that might be a bit too much labor.
Some rain chances for later today, so might want to reconsider.
Sounds like a good enough reason not to do it  to me.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 11:16:52 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:22:00 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:23:00 AM
@ Golf - you got a new schedule?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 11:31:03 AM
@ Golf - you got a new schedule?
Buh-zing!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 11:33:30 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 11:54:11 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:58:06 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
T-bones for dinner here.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 11:59:34 AM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
One of my favorite foods but been a long time since I had some cooked at home.  We buy fried chicken at the Randall's Deli and it is very good.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 12:02:42 PM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Also an excellent choice.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 12:22:12 PM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Also an excellent choice.
These are some of those fancy mail-order steaks my son sent me for my b-day. Hopefully my grilling technique isn't too rusty.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 12:26:56 PM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Also an excellent choice.
These are some of those fancy mail-order steaks my son sent me for my b-day. Hopefully my grilling technique isn't too rusty.
Ooh la la!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 01:37:30 PM
Well you enabling bastiges made me go pick up some fried chicken for lunch.  Damn good too!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 01:38:18 PM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Also an excellent choice.
These are some of those fancy mail-order steaks my son sent me for my b-day. Hopefully my grilling technique isn't too rusty.
Ooh la la!
Even more important hope your grill is not rusty.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 01:40:26 PM
Fried chicken makes me sleepy.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 05, 2016, 01:54:08 PM
Well you enabling bastiges made me go pick up some fried chicken for lunch.  Damn good too!
Lol, glad I could help. Bout to go get some myself. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 01:55:11 PM
Well you enabling bastiges made me go pick up some fried chicken for lunch.  Damn good too!
Lol, glad I could help. Bout to go get some myself. Hazzuh!
Later Goof enjoy the chicken and ribs!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 02:15:31 PM
Morning Slackers Bean, Flip, Mayor and Golf nice to,see you up and getting around.  Hope you got your cuddling all done.
After I get off work, I'll be cuddling up with a plate of fried chicken and pulled pork at the in-laws.
Two great foods there!
No doubt, looking forward to it.
Can't recall the last time I had homemade fried chicken.  Grilled steaks in the forecast for me.
Also an excellent choice.
These are some of those fancy mail-order steaks my son sent me for my b-day. Hopefully my grilling technique isn't too rusty.
Ooh la la!
Even more important hope your grill is not rusty.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 02:21:49 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 02:42:41 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:01:07 PM
@ Bean- do you still need a Small Batch code?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:04:18 PM
Well you enabling bastiges made me go pick up some fried chicken for lunch.  Damn good too!
Lol, glad I could help. Bout to go get some myself. Hazzuh!
Later Goof enjoy the chicken and ribs!
Goof, huh?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:05:46 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:10:37 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:11:10 PM
Well you enabling bastiges made me go pick up some fried chicken for lunch.  Damn good too!
Lol, glad I could help. Bout to go get some myself. Hazzuh!
Later Goof enjoy the chicken and ribs!
Goof, huh?
Yeah, I goofed on the Golf.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 03:11:22 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
Eyeing those Uncle Lees myself.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:12:17 PM
What's up Mayor, you Laboring?

Fried chicken put me to sleep for an hour or so.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 03:12:57 PM
@ Bean- do you still need a Small Batch code?
No, got the email, but I made my Guardians purchase the week prior.  Poor cheapy cheapo protocol execution, though I did apply the 10% code provided by Oogie.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:16:44 PM
@ Bean- do you still need a Small Batch code?
No, got the email, but I made my Guardians purchase the week prior.  Poor cheapy cheapo protocol execution, though I did apply the 10% code provided by Oogie.
Did the same thing so I bought some more for cost averaging. ::). Got some Matilde's too.

I smoked a Guardian yesterday ROT and it was good.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:17:21 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
Distinctively wrapped in white paper with a black cardboard tube around it if that helps your failing memory, or at least the two boxes I have are.

They are an interesting $4 smoke but not a $10 smoke which is the full price.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:19:49 PM
What's up Mayor, you Laboring?

Fried chicken put me to sleep for an hour or so.
I've been not doing much of anything today. Waffles from scratch, was the highlight. Nap sounds good though.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 03:19:50 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
I had an Uncle Lee, he was a dick
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:21:31 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
Distinctly wrapped in white paper with a black cardboard tube around it if that helps your failing memory
Pretty sure I've never had it.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 03:22:06 PM
I think this is my last one of these, box pressed toro, awesome cigar and I used to win them on Famous bid for $7/4-pack
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:22:33 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
I had an Uncle Lee, he was a dick
Hey, look who's back.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:23:44 PM
I think this is my last one of these, box pressed toro, awesome cigar and I used to win them on Famous bid for $7/4-pack
I am down to about 50 of those in various vitolas.

But NONE @ $7 for a 4 pak!  That was nice.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:23:52 PM
I think this is my last one of these, box pressed toro, awesome cigar and I used to win them on Famous bid for $7/4-pack
Looks like a nice burn too. The holder is what really makes it though.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 03:24:01 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Wow, $49.99 now
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
I had an Uncle Lee, he was a dick
Did you swallow?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:27:39 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Wow, $49.99 now
They had them for that a month or so ago, I restocked then.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 03:31:17 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Wow, $49.99 now
They had them for that a month or so ago, I restocked then.
I bought them for $59 I think
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 03:31:46 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
I had an Uncle Lee, he was a dick
Did you swallow?
I did not, he didn't deserve that
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 03:34:31 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Wow, $49.99 now
For 12 ea no less. Welcome back, biebs.  Nice vaca?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 03:52:28 PM
Spit or swallow lull?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:53:11 PM
I have been picking up some those 4 cigar boxed JH samplers on the bid for $19.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 03:55:37 PM
About time to select an afternoon smoke.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:03:03 PM
Storm moving in here.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:29:52 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 04:43:55 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:46:06 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
I was digging around and found this one but I have 2 boxes in the tubs, bought when CI was dumping them.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:46:48 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Did u know I am going to visit Dean this week?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 04:51:40 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Wow, $49.99 now
For 12 ea no less. Welcome back, biebs.  Nice vaca?
Hey Mark, great weather, feel like I haven't worked in 2 weeks so very nice
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 04:52:41 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Had a couple or these lately, they age really well, very flavorful medium cigar
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:53:36 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Had a couple or these lately, they age really well, very flavorful medium cigar
Yep, solid medium smoke

Weren't they like $50/box or so with an extra % off coupon when CI was dumping them last year?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: sfish on September 05, 2016, 04:54:26 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
I was digging around and found this one but I have 2 boxes in the tubs, bought when CI was dumping them.
I have a half box of coronas and a full box of lonsdales and I think they're still available on bid
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:55:30 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
I was digging around and found this one but I have 2 boxes in the tubs, bought when CI was dumping them.
I have a half box of coronas and a full box of lonsdales and I think they're still available on bid
I have a box of each. In the tub.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Did u know I am going to visit Dean this week?
I read it. At first I thought it was NJDave. I think you both will have lots of fun. I'm jealous.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 04:57:30 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Did u know I am going to visit Dean this week?
I read it. At first I thought it was NJDave. I think you both will have lots of fun. I'm jealous.
I am looking forward to it.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 06:31:48 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:35:19 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 06:38:51 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
I'm grilling, so that's my excuse. Thought I'd be taking it easy today but my brother-in-law showed up.

Got some burgers, mushrooms, and corn goin'.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:43:50 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
I'm grilling, so that's my excuse. Thought I'd be taking it easy today but my brother-in-law showed up.

Got some burgers, mushrooms, and corn goin'.
Nice!   I just put some bacon wrapped hatch chile peppers stuffed with cream cheese on the grill to snack on.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 06:50:28 PM
T-bone steaks were delicious, followed by home made cookies & cream ice cream.  Now to select a suitable cigar.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:53:34 PM
T-bone steaks were delicious, followed by home made cookies & cream ice cream.  Now to select a suitable cigar.
Sounds good, I got t-bones to cook but no home made cookies and ice cream.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 06:54:24 PM
Sipping some elixer while peppers are cooking.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 06:59:19 PM
Sipping some elixer while peppers are cooking.
Those sound delicious. Going to have put them on the grill schedule now that the weather is becoming tolerable.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:00:20 PM
Sipping some elixer while peppers are cooking.
Those sound delicious. Going to have put them on the grill schedule now that the weather is becoming tolerable.
I buy them ready made at HEB and very good just hard to grill without burning.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 07:03:38 PM
Sipping some elixer while peppers are cooking.
Those sound delicious. Going to have put them on the grill schedule now that the weather is becoming tolerable.
I buy them ready made at HEB and very good just hard to grill without burning.
Truth be told it takes vigilance to avoid overcooking or burning anything you put on a grill.  Old school mesquite charcoal type like I use, anyway.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:09:08 PM
Sipping some elixer while peppers are cooking.
Those sound delicious. Going to have put them on the grill schedule now that the weather is becoming tolerable.
I buy them ready made at HEB and very good just hard to grill without burning.
Truth be told it takes vigilance to avoid overcooking or burning anything you put on a grill.  Old school mesquite charcoal type like I use, anyway.
New school Weber gas too, and by the way I much prefer your method!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:37:57 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
I'm grilling, so that's my excuse. Thought I'd be taking it easy today but my brother-in-law showed up.

Got some burgers, mushrooms, and corn goin'.
Got some swiss for that?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:39:20 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:41:17 PM
CyB corona lit, first one of these for me in a while
Haven't had one in a long while either. Sure I have a few buried.
Did u know I am going to visit Dean this week?
I read it. At first I thought it was NJDave. I think you both will have lots of fun. I'm jealous.
   ???   :o
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:43:37 PM
@TxDave, Holt's has your JH Lanceros on the labor day special.  http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html (http://www.holts.com/specials/weekly-special/jericho-hill-limited-edition-1.html)
Dang, when I lookedd this morning they had turds on there.  Will check that out.
I did not look at that section this morning but my son sure appreciates it!  He likes JH's.

Picked him up some $40 Uncle Lees on there too.
That's what the jam usually sells them for, no?
Yes but I missed them last time.
Not sure if I've had an Uncle Lee.
Distinctively wrapped in white paper with a black cardboard tube around it if that helps your failing memory, or at least the two boxes I have are.

They are an interesting $4 smoke but not a $10 smoke which is the full price.
All three of the new ones are wrapped like that, Uncle Lee, Johnny Tobacconaut and the new Chief Cool Arrow.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:44:11 PM
Labor Day evening dreading back to work lull my ass!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:47:33 PM
[...]

I will try the racially insensitive cool arrows when they dump them at about 60-70% off.  Price of them is stupid IMFO.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 07:48:04 PM
Labor Day evening dreading back to work lull my ass!
Ain't that the damn truth!
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:48:15 PM
Getting ready to settle in and watch Florida State spank Chad Kelly.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 07:49:19 PM
Labor Day evening dreading back to work lull my ass!
+1.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:49:40 PM
[...]

Probably be buying them from SC then.... I picked up one to give a try.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 07:51:16 PM
[...]

Speaking of racially insensitive, I was supposed to get to the CLE Chele and Prieto this weekend....crap.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 07:56:27 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
I'm grilling, so that's my excuse. Thought I'd be taking it easy today but my brother-in-law showed up.

Got some burgers, mushrooms, and corn goin'.
Nice!   I just put some bacon wrapped hatch chile peppers stuffed with cream cheese on the grill to snack on.
Those sound delectable.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 07:58:19 PM
Visiting Dean lull.
Some kind of lull, maybe more cuddling lull.
I'm grilling, so that's my excuse. Thought I'd be taking it easy today but my brother-in-law showed up.

Got some burgers, mushrooms, and corn goin'.
Got some swiss for that?
As a matter of fact, I did.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 07:59:25 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 08:16:55 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 05, 2016, 08:20:55 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
Donut Thursday.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:22:34 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
Like me, tomorrow is it for me until Sept 19.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:28:36 PM
[...]

Don't think I will run out before then. :)
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 05, 2016, 08:33:42 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
The kids will be in school. Therfore, the alternative to going into the office is hanging out with my wife. Do I need to say more?
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 05, 2016, 08:36:32 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
The kids will be in school. Therfore, the alternative to going into the office is hanging out with my wife. Do I need to say more?
Then fly to Florida and herf with Dean and TxDave.  Those two should not be trusted on their own.  They require adult supervision.
Title: Re: 9/5/2016 - Labor Day
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 05, 2016, 08:37:06 PM
Where the hell did the weekend go?
What do you mean? It's only half over. I ain't going back in to the office until Thursday.
What!?!  Why even bother with just two days left in the week.  A real short timer would have that figured out already.
The kids will be in school. Therfore, the alternative to going into the office is hanging out with my wife. Do I need to say more?
All makes sense now