CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 11, 2016, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 7/11/2016
Post by: CigarBanter on July 11, 2016, 12:00:03 AM
Happy Monday! Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 12:02:39 AM
How about a Big Gulp and a jalapeńo & cream cheese taquito to celebrate 7/11?

Do they sell jambalaya there too?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:24:51 AM
Happy Condo Monday
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:27:08 AM
No deals to celebrate on this Jam so far.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:52:13 AM
WEAPON USED BY DALLAS SHOOTER HAS BEEN REVEALED, AND IT’S NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE

Though there have been several conflicting claims floating around on the internet, most mainstream news sources are currently suggesting that Micah Xavier Johnson used an old SKS rifle to kill 5 police officers in Dallas on Thursday. If true, it would certainly throw a wrench in the typical mass shooter narrative that gun control advocates hold so dearly.

That’s because the SKS is no assault rifle. It’s a popular military surplus arm developed and mass-produced in the 1940’s and 1950’s in several communist nations. Most variants of the rifle are heavy, fire from a fixed 10 round magazine, are loaded with 10 round stripper clips, and use the same intermediate cartridge as the AK-47. It’s so tame that it can be sold in states like California without any modifications.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:56:03 AM
Time to head downtown   :(
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:02:33 AM
Good Morning TexDave, thanks for opening up the store on this Monday.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
Today is Monday, July 11, the 193rd day of 2016. There are 173 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On July 11, 1804, Vice President Aaron Burr mortally wounded former Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton during a pistol duel in Weehawken, New Jersey. (Hamilton died the next day.)

On this date:

In 1767, John Quincy Adams, the sixth president of the United States, was born in Braintree, Massachusetts.

In 1798, the U.S. Marine Corps was formally re-established by a congressional act that also created the U.S. Marine Band.

In 1922, the Hollywood Bowl officially opened with a program called "Symphonies Under the Stars" with Alfred Hertz conducting the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

In 1936, New York City's Triborough Bridge (now officially the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge) linking Manhattan, Queens and The Bronx was opened to traffic.

In 1952, the Republican National Convention, meeting in Chicago, nominated Dwight D. Eisenhower for president and Richard M. Nixon for vice president.

In 1955, the U.S. Air Force Academy swore in its first class of cadets at its temporary quarters at Lowry Air Force Base in Colorado.

In 1960, the novel "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee was first published by J.B. Lippincott and Co.

In 1966, the game show "The Newlywed Game," hosted by Bob Eubanks, premiered on ABC-TV.

In 1979, the abandoned U.S. space station Skylab made a spectacular return to Earth, burning up in the atmosphere and showering debris over the Indian Ocean and Australia.

In 1989, actor and director Laurence Olivier died in Steyning, West Sussex, England, at age 82.

In 1991, a Nigeria Airways DC-8 carrying Muslim pilgrims crashed at the Jiddah, Saudi Arabia, international airport, killing all 261 people on board.

In 1995, the U.N.-designated "safe haven" of Srebrenica (sreh-breh-NEET'-sah) in Bosnia-Herzegovina fell to Bosnian Serb forces, who then carried out the killings of more than 8,000 Muslim men and boys. The United States normalized relations with Vietnam.

Ten years ago: Eight bombs hit a commuter rail network during evening rush hour in Mumbai, India, killing more than 200 people. In Chicago, a Blue Line train derailed and started a fire during the evening rush hour, filling a subway tunnel with smoke and forcing dozens of soot-covered commuters to evacuate. The American League edged the National League 3-2 in the All-Star Game in Pittsburgh. Actor Barnard Hughes died in New York at age 90.

Five years ago: Rupert Murdoch's media empire was besieged by accusations that two more of his British newspapers engaged in hacking, deception and privacy violations. So Yeon Ryu (soh yahn yoo) won the U.S. Women's Open, defeating fellow South Korean Hee Kyung Seo (soh) by three shots in a three-hole playoff.

One year ago: Top Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, head of the powerful Sinaloa Cartel, escaped from a maximum security prison for the second time by exiting through a secretly dug mile-long tunnel (he was recaptured in January 2016). A crowd of furious Bosnian Muslims jumped over fences and attacked Serbia's prime minister, Aleksandar Vucic, with stones and water bottles, marring the 20th anniversary commemorations of the Srebrenica (sreh-breh-NEET'-sah) massacre. Serena Williams won her sixth title at Wimbledon, beating Garbine Muguruza of Spain 6-4, 6-4 in the women's final; for Williams, it was her second "Serena Slam" holding all four major titles at the same time.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:05:58 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Tab Hunter is 85. Actress Susan Seaforth Hayes is 73. Singer Jeff Hanna (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) is 70. Ventriloquist-actor Jay Johnson is 67. Actor Bruce McGill is 66. Singer Bonnie Pointer is 66. Actor Stephen Lang is 64. Actress Mindy Sterling is 63. Boxer Leon Spinks is 63. Actress Sela Ward is 60. Reggae singer Michael Rose (Black Uhuru) is 59. Singer Peter Murphy is 59. Actor Mark Lester is 58. Jazz musician Kirk Whalum is 58. Singer Suzanne Vega is 57. Rock guitarist Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi) is 57. Actress Lisa Rinna is 53. Rock musician Scott Shriner (Weezer) is 51. Actress Debbe (correct) Dunning is 50. Actor Greg Grunberg is 50. Wildlife expert Jeff Corwin is 49. Actor Justin Chambers is 46. Actress Leisha Hailey is 45. Actor Michael Rosenbaum is 44. Pop-rock singer Andrew Bird is 43. Country singer Scotty Emerick is 43. Rapper Lil' Kim is 41. Actor Jon Wellner is 41. Rock singer Ben Gibbard is 40. Rapper Lil' Zane is 34. Pop-jazz singer-musician Peter Cincotti is 33. Actress Serinda Swan is 32. Actor Robert Adamson is 31. Actor David Henrie is 27. Actor Connor Paolo is 26. Tennis player Caroline Wozniacki is 26.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:06:24 AM
Thought for Today: "Those people who think only of themselves, are hopelessly uneducated. They are not educated, no matter how instructed they may be." - Nicholas Murray Butler, American educator (1862-1947).
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:47:09 AM
Five things to help Bean start his day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/07/11/5-things-you-need-know-monday/86775108/
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:49:11 AM
Looking forward to some extra shopping on Amazon Prime Day Tex?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Hopefully the market will continue with it's optimism from last week.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 07:10:41 AM
Not much news in any category to push us to page 2...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 07:11:11 AM
No help from jam items for sure...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 07:11:53 AM
An no Patron Saint of Mondays, Mr. Dean to check in...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 07:36:51 AM
Looking forward to some extra shopping on Amazon Prime Day Tex?
Nope
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 07:38:28 AM
Morning Travellin Dave, not much help from me today headed to San Antonio about 8:15.  Be there one night then back here by  lunch tomorrow.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 07:40:07 AM
Hopefully the market will continue with it's optimism from last week.
Futures up 81 points which supports a positive start anyway.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 07:46:13 AM
191 Days!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 08:03:55 AM
191 Days!
now there is a positive number!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 08:04:39 AM
Just no banter inspiration this morning....running on purely PW energy.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 08:07:41 AM
Just no banter inspiration this morning....running on purely PW energy.
And we don't get much help anymore
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 08:10:42 AM
Just no banter inspiration this morning....running on purely PW energy.
And we don't get much anymore help either.
Almost no cigar deals worth talking about anymore either.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 08:33:04 AM
Good morning, jammers.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: sfish on July 11, 2016, 08:41:22 AM
Good morning boys! Smoked a few cigars yesterday, went Old School with a nice 601 Green to start, haven't had one of those in quite awhile
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 08:45:31 AM
Morning Mayor and the Fish
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 08:50:15 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor and Biebs.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 08:50:43 AM
Get all your power washing done Tony?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 08:54:02 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 08:59:13 AM
There are some gorgeous woman in NYC today.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 09:00:56 AM
At the Page Today:

Quesada Oktoberfest in July :(

The knives are the bright side of this chit-show
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:04:53 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:05:41 AM
There are some gorgeous woman in NYC today.
Glad you can start the day off right Tony!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 09:05:55 AM
Get all your power washing done Tony?
Not exactly. By the time I finish I'll have to start again. It's a cruel world.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:08:06 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
If they are listing for only $5 while all of his other lines are significantly increasing in price....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 09:10:10 AM
 Bill Clinton speaking engagement:

 $1,400 hotel phone bill, $700 dinner for two...

 Private jet to venue just 70 miles down freeway...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 09:11:06 AM
This is what I call real fuk'n stupid!

Vermont Admits 17 Refugees Diagnosed With Active TB...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 09:12:47 AM
Good morning to everyone....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 09:13:16 AM
Good morning to everyone....
Morning Dad
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 09:13:46 AM
Time to hit the road, have a good day everyone.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:19:37 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
If they are listing for only $5 while all of his other lines are significantly increasing in price....
Then again from Halfwheel, a 91 rating:

"I certainly enjoyed smoking the Last Calls. Thanks to my utterly slow smoking pace, it’s not a particularly quick cigar for me, but that’s just fine. This is a strong, young cigar; one that will likely taste a lot different in six months. That being said, I think the blend makes sense now: a bit aggressive up front while smoothing towards the end. For those wondering between Last Call or New World, I like the former, just not for breakfast."
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:20:13 AM
Time to hit the road, have a good day everyone.
Drive safe.  Check in from the cigar lounge this evening?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 09:20:54 AM
I believe my last post was on a Friday, two weeks ago, about my wife coming home mad and all worked up.  She had gotten into it with her brother again, and of course the fight got flipped around from her brother and to me.  So after a few hours of fighting, I just wasn't in the mood to get back onto the computer...  ugh..!   But last Friday, I just kept my mouth shut when she got home from buying groceries for her brother, so she couldn't transfer her frustration from her brother to me again.  Oh well..., I know others have or had to deal with their deadbeat relatives on here too, so I guess I sort of fit in.  :)
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 09:21:41 AM
Good morning to everyone....
Morning Dad
Good morning TR....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 09:37:46 AM
An no Patron Saint of Mondays, Mr. Dean to check in...
I love Mondays, just not so much today. almost sleepless weekend, and my RA is kicking my ass.

AJ New World torp and coffee here trying to gdrag my ass to the shower to get ready for the noon meeting and some shopping.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 09:37:49 AM
I haven't been on here much lately.  I just haven't been able to get into the mood to banter.

On April 22 my wife turned 62 years old.  By the end of the week, April 29th, my wife was fired from her job that she loved very much at CVS.  My wife was working with a newly hired employee that was just there to get her paycheck.  She snuck off and hid out in the store room, slept in the bathroom, wouldn't do what she was told, talk on her phone and text messaged all of the time, and they even photographed her a few time sleeping at the cash register with customers in the background asking if she was ok, or needed to go to the hospital.  But she was just sleeping.

They fired her, but before she left she tried to get as many people as she could fired too.  So they check the video on my wife for the past 3 months and found that she had bought a homeless man a soda and had used her rewards card while making the purchase.  Well, it's against company policy to use your card for other people, which they feel is stealing.  I guess she got a $0.20-$0.30 cent discount on the purchase which was enough reason for them to fire her.  Also, you don't get unemployment for thief, which went on the report.  And she has never stole a thing in her life.  Anyway, we've been going through that mess for the past 2-3 months with appeals and such, but know we're at a dead end.  What a bunch of bull shit...!

Anyway, that's another one of the many reasons I just haven't felt like getting onto the computer or doing anything else at the moment...  Does she find another job, or retire on her little Soc. Sec., since she's been a house wife all of her life and has not given that much to Soc. Sec. over the past 12 years.  I want her to work, she thinks 12 years is enough work for anybody.. sigh.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Ogie on July 11, 2016, 09:39:36 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
Tried one Last Call.  Surprisingly good.  The problem with cigars that size is that if you're not competing with the price of the R then you're doing it wrong.  The others are IPCPR releases aren't they?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 09:48:44 AM
A couple of months ago on Famous Auction, I picked up a few La Floridita Limited Edition Toro Maduro made by Nestor Plasencia.  It's a $2 cigar.

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but I thought it was fairly decent.  I also picked up a 5 pack of the La Floridita Gold cigars that has terrible reviews unless you age them for 8 months.  So, I'll age them, and see what happens.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:02:50 AM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:03:31 AM
Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
Tried one Last Call.  Surprisingly good.  The problem with cigars that size is that if you're not competing with the price of the R then you're doing it wrong.  The others are IPCPR releases aren't they?
Yes, all IPCPR but limited shipment supposed to start before the show.  Villa Sombra is Warped first Shade Connie.  They are releasing another called Maestro del Tiempo, but one of those weird deals...only to IPCPR participants and on a staggered release schedule of only large cabinet sizes.

Haven't seen any shipment dates for Bellas Artes, but the tobacco sounds real interesting.

As for the EPC Capa de Sol, there seems to be very little information about it, and no projections on availability.  My guess is that it would not have been launched until next year if not for the FDA deadline.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:04:10 AM
[...]

have your wife babysit the grandkids and you smoke cigars. maybe now without her little income she can drop her deadbeat brother and get that anchor off your back.

good morning BD.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:04:30 AM
Morning BD and Raz.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:05:10 AM
[...]

I would take his advice....he knows!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:07:02 AM
[...]

You could also check with a lawyer for legal advice.  I would only use someone who would take commission on settlement rather than up front (indicator of whether they think you can win).  At least worth exploring.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:07:19 AM
trust me, I know deadbeats. hard lesson to learn and had to run 1300 miles away from them and still took almost a year to cut my wallet loose from them all.
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:09:41 AM
morning Dave, and Dave, and Ogie, and Scott, and RazMan.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:10:57 AM
Morning BD and Raz.
Top o'the morning, TD
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:14:27 AM
The number of fatal shootings by officers increased from 465 in the first six months of last year to 491 for the same period this year, according to an ongoing two-year study by The Washington Post. This year has also seen more officers shot and killed in the line of duty and more officers prosecuted for questionable shootings.

Blacks continued to be shot at 2.5 times the rate of whites. About half of those killed were white, and about half were minorities. Less than 10 percent of all those killed were unarmed. One-quarter were mentally ill.
Ramsey, who was appointed by President Obama in 2014 to lead a White House policing task force, told NBC’s Chuck Todd that some crime rates are on the rise, explaining that, on average, there are about 13,000 murders in the United States each year but that “these are not shootings by police.”

“These are people killing people,” he said.

“Who do you think goes after the people responsible for these crimes? It’s the cops,” he added. “And we encounter a lot of very dangerous people out there on the street. So we can look at numbers in a variety of ways, but I think we need to keep it in context that police officers have a very challenging and often dangerous job. Now that’s not to say that we should not be mindful of the fact that we have some officers that use excessive force, that shoot people when it’s not totally justified. We’ve got to really address that and hold them accountable.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:16:02 AM
trust me, I know deadbeats. hard lesson to learn and had to run 1300 miles away from them and still took almost a year to cut my wallet loose from them all.
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.
Clearly I'm not going to have any basis to bitch about petty annoyances today. Dean, I'm glad you're free of all that. Dad, hang in. Things have a way of working out.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:20:11 AM
[...]

Yes.

And the best way to avoid getting shot by a cop is to not end up underneath two of them trying to get your uncooperative ass handcuffed. If the arrest is unjust, priority one is to live through it, priority two is to make bail, and priority three is to sue. But if one doesn't accomplish priority one, the rest don't mean schitt.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:20:30 AM
[...]

Good summary Dean.  All boils down to a very very small percentage of cases are sensationalized and blown out of proportion in the media that serve to get all kinds of disproportionate responses.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:21:40 AM
Last week we watched the 4 year old and 7 year old grandkids from 8:00 a.m. till 5:30 p.m.  They are really good kids and listen pretty good.  I just tell them, "Grandpa's old and can't do the same things daddy does, so you'll have to bare with me..."  They seem to understand.

In the afternoon we got the great idea that we could go grocery shopping and take the kids with us.  We could do two things at the same time... :)

So when we buckled the kids into their car seats, a mosquito flew into the car and the kids started jumping around and screaming.  It took me about 15 minutes to get the bug out of the car so we could go.  The same thing happened when we left the grocery store.  Ugh...!

The kids wanted to ride in the cart that has an attached kids car on the front of it.  Well, ok...  They liked that.

They knew were every free item was in the store.  Off to the bakery for a free cookie, then off to Customer Service where they have a bucket of candy they can select.  I will admit that it was a little harder to watch the kids and shop at the same time, but it was fun.

We took the groceries to our house and put them away.  While we were putting the food away, my grand-daughter started screaming.  She had found an old ventriloquist dummy, and was scared to death of it.  She said, "I don't like how it's looking at me...!"  The 4 year old grand-son thought it was great.

The time was about 4:30 p.m. so we headed back to their house to beat mommy and daddy home.  Again, another gd bug was in the car.  So now we've learned it take 10 to 15 minutes to get the kids into the car. geezzz.

We pulled into the kids driveway, and what do you think we see coming down the street, "The ice cream truck..."  Well, you can't be a good grandpa without buying your grandkids a bomb pop.  I was surprised that the ice cream truck had $1 to $4.00 items for people that didn't have allot of money to spend.  Anyway, the kids got these giant size Sour Patch Kids popsicles.

About 15 minutes before their parents got home, the kids started bouncing off the walls from a sugar rush.  It was just like in the cartoons.  They were running though out the house, jumping on beds, jumping on the furniture, and couldn't sit still for one second.  I've never seen anything like that before.  I thought they would be a little hyper, but this was crazy.

When my son came in I told him not to get mad at the kids, because I gave them ice cream and they got a sugar rush..  My son just thought it was funny, thank goodness...!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:26:08 AM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:29:21 AM

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:30:45 AM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:31:15 AM
This is what I call real fuk'n stupid!

Vermont Admits 17 Refugees Diagnosed With Active TB...
We have an old TB sanitarium that was converted into a police station in the city next to me.  Maybe they could put them there, and if they turn out to be terrorist the police will be right there to arrest them.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:31:41 AM

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.
Darwin award nominee.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:33:18 AM
Man throws bullets into Canada Day bonfire in Austin, Manitoba, Canada. Bullet explodes and shoots back at man.

Mounties said five people were at a campfire when a 21-year-old man from North Norfolk, Man., started throwing .22- calibre shells into the fire.  One of the bullets exploded and some fragments struck a 23-year-old Swan Lake, Man., man in the eye, RCMP said.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:34:26 AM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
Oh no....quizzes!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:35:21 AM
Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:35:48 AM

Man steals cell phone, is tracked down by police, gives the phone to the police and then jumps into Pensacola Bay in Escambia, Florida and drowns. Johnny Cortez Hall, apparently could not swim.

A man drowned over the weekend after diving into Pensacola Bay to escape law enforcement, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office social media post. When deputies made contact with Hall, he handed the stolen cell phone over to deputies before fleeing to the dead end of Baylen, where he dove headfirst into the Baylen Slip Marina. A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office said officers were attempting to locate a life preserver or an object to extend to Hall when he disappeared beneath the surface.
Darwin award nominee.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:36:19 AM
Naked Florida man runs around naked waving a gun. James Braine, was running around naked with a Glock in Bradenton Florida.

A 41-year-old naked man believed to have been armed with a Glock firearm was subdued with the help of a Taser after a tense incident first reported at 7:07 p.m. Friday, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s office.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:36:42 AM
Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.
You googling stupid criminals this morning Dean?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:37:27 AM
Naked Florida man runs around naked waving a gun. James Braine, was running around naked with a Glock in Bradenton Florida.

A 41-year-old naked man believed to have been armed with a Glock firearm was subdued with the help of a Taser after a tense incident first reported at 7:07 p.m. Friday, according to the Manatee County Sheriff’s office.
Guess he couldn't get a concealed carry....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:38:56 AM
Drunk hot babysitter arrested for drunk driving with 4 kids in the car. Sabrina Macri of Sound Beach, Long Island, New York, tells police, "So what if I had a few drinks? That's what people my age do, you (expletive) loser."

Macri, of Sound Beach, was charged with DWI, Aggravated DWI with a child passenger 15 years or younger (Leandra's Law), four counts of endangering the welfare of a child and two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Prosecutors said Macri was defiant at the scene, telling the officer, "I (expletive) hate you, you guys have to let me go. I didn't do anything. So what if I had a few drinks? That's what people my age do, you (expletive) loser.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:39:45 AM
Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.
You googling stupid criminals this morning Dean?
all the news that's unfit to print.
ha
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:41:05 AM
[...]

Howdy Dean.....  Every Friday my wife says she going to stop going over there, and throw him out of the house.  But some how her rage gets off track and projected on to me rather than at her brother.  She does that transference thing allot.  If I can get her off of me, it magically becomes her sisters fault.  *ucking crazy women...!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:43:46 AM
time to drag myself to a meeting. later guys. try to enjoy your Monday.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: FloridaDean on July 11, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
[...]

maybe it's time you tell her you'll handle it and you kick him out of the house and have law enforcement waiting at the curb with a domestic complaint.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:49:17 AM
Robbery suspect accidentally shoots himself in the balls while trying to rob the Marathon gas station in Cleveland, Ohio.

 A man shot himself in the groin during a robbery attempt outside a Marathon gas station early Monday morning, according to police.
That reminds me of the guy that was out hunting with his dog.  The guy got so upset with his dog, he started hitting the dog with the butt of his shotgun.  Finally, the dog reached up and pulled the trigger which kill the guy.  I assume the dog was laying on his back, and his paw flung up and hit the trigger.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 10:51:54 AM
[...]

Don't fall into that trap. After her frustration subsides at her brother, it'll morph into "it was YOUR idea to throw him out."

Her family, her deal. Do NOT get in the middle of it. Even if you win, you lose.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Bad Dad on July 11, 2016, 10:52:14 AM
Time for a break.  I need to fix breakfast...  Later guys.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:54:00 AM
[...]

You have to find a way to bounce it back to the deadbeat....but somehow they seem to have this immunity to any responsibility...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:55:35 AM
[...]

Who owns the house?

...as for *ucking crazy women... that's just redundant.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 11:20:13 AM
[...]

IIRC, she owns the house, or her family does.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 11:32:40 AM
I believe my last post was on a Friday, two weeks ago, about my wife coming home mad and all worked up.  She had gotten into it with her brother again, and of course the fight got flipped around from her brother and to me.  So after a few hours of fighting, I just wasn't in the mood to get back onto the computer...  ugh..!   But last Friday, I just kept my mouth shut when she got home from buying groceries for her brother, so she couldn't transfer her frustration from her brother to me again.  Oh well..., I know others have or had to deal with their deadbeat relatives on here too, so I guess I sort of fit in.  :)
but did she bring him the "right toothpaste"..I know you wanted to brush his teeth with a
Louisville slugger!  8)  good morning boys....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 11:34:18 AM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 11:41:36 AM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
one or two, were semi noteworthy, it was a little cooler today, so not as many short shorts....
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 11:45:51 AM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
I usually hate the heat and humidity but it was worth it today. (Actually it was very nice out this morning)
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 11:52:53 AM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
I usually hate the heat and humidity but it was worth it today. (Actually it was very nice out this morning)
What humidity Tony?
That is just you sweating around all the ladies.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 12:01:20 PM
Time for a break.  I need to fix breakfast...  Later guys.
But BD, it's lunch time!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 12:02:07 PM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
I usually hate the heat and humidity but it was worth it today. (Actually it was very nice out this morning)
What humidity Tony?
That is just you sweating around all the ladies.
But it's a cold sweat…
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 12:07:51 PM
Morning Mr. Flip.
Did you notice any of Tony's lovely NYC ladies on your way in this morning?
I usually hate the heat and humidity but it was worth it today. (Actually it was very nice out this morning)
How is the weather in your cubicle though.  Afternoon Tony.  Doing some girl watching on the way to the office?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 01:13:50 PM
Good afternoon CB.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 01:19:32 PM
Laranja's up on the Jam.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 01:28:43 PM
I had a message from Chip a short while ago and he asked me to let everyone know that his Mother passed away this morning.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
I had a message from Chip a short while ago and he asked me to let everyone know that his Mother passed away this morning.
Conolences Chip.  Gone but never forgotten.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 01:48:42 PM
I had a message from Chip a short while ago and he asked me to let everyone know that his Mother passed away this morning.
Please express my condolences. Been there, done that, and I know the pain.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 01:49:13 PM
During a House Oversight Committee hearing, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) pressed Comey about whether he was testifying that Clinton didn’t know what a classified marking is.

“No, not that she would have no idea what a classified marking would be,” Comey responded. “It’s an interesting question whether she … was actually sophisticated enough to understand what a C in [parentheses] means.”

“You asked me if I would assume someone would know,” he added. “Probably before this investigation, I would have. I am not so sure of that any longer. I think it’s possible — possible — that she didn’t know what a C meant when she saw it in the body of an email like that.”
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 02:07:59 PM
During a House Oversight Committee hearing, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) pressed Comey about whether he was testifying that Clinton didn’t know what a classified marking is.

“No, not that she would have no idea what a classified marking would be,” Comey responded. “It’s an interesting question whether she … was actually sophisticated enough to understand what a C in [parentheses] means.”

“You asked me if I would assume someone would know,” he added. “Probably before this investigation, I would have. I am not so sure of that any longer. I think it’s possible — possible — that she didn’t know what a C meant when she saw it in the body of an email like that.”
how about the letters MEN on a restroom door? Does she understand that?
I know her husband had problems with words like "it".
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
Afternoon Flip
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 02:25:02 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 02:30:01 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
Have not seen any but I am sure I would not have to look too hard to find plenty of them
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 04:00:05 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 04:10:04 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 04:10:41 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 04:18:13 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
were you in a band yet?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 04:18:50 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
were you in a band yet?
Yes.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 04:47:00 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/)

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
were you in a band yet?
Yes.
You call that music?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 04:51:37 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/)

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
Hangin' out with your hoodlum friends?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:15:36 PM
Sheesh, leave you deadbeats unattended and only 8 frik'n pages.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:17:05 PM
Day is done and kicked back in my hotel.  Too hot to smoke outside and traffic is way too bad to go to the B&M so will just rest a while before dinner.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 05:25:06 PM
Day is done and kicked back in my hotel.  Too hot to smoke outside and traffic is way too bad to go to the B&M so will just rest a while before dinner.
they are not going to let you smoke at the dinner table?
bet you miss Jamie's now... 8)
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: flip from jersey on July 11, 2016, 05:25:38 PM
going to head out myself, take care guys.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 05:29:46 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/)

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
Hangin' out with your hoodlum friends?
In fairness to my parents, they really were hoodlums.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 05:31:23 PM
Sheesh, leave you deadbeats unattended and only 8 frik'n pages.
It's a Monday here in commieville. Little postwhoring allowed.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:34:08 PM
Had to swing by the nearby Container Store on the way to my hotel.

Seems I have been over-sold again!

Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
Sheesh, leave you deadbeats unattended and only 8 frik'n pages.
It's a Monday here in commieville. Little postwhoring allowed.
Even encouraged!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
Day is done and kicked back in my hotel.  Too hot to smoke outside and traffic is way too bad to go to the B&M so will just rest a while before dinner.
they are not going to let you smoke at the dinner table?
bet you miss Jamie's now... 8)
I miss Jamie's every day!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:36:38 PM
Physical done for another year, looks like I'll live.  Glad he has small fingers and good lube.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:39:57 PM
Looks like the Sister has swapped out 2 of the DD offers today.  MCII Papi Chulos and DPG Blues on there now.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: cigarbreath on July 11, 2016, 05:41:02 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/ (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/)

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
Oh No, not reading books, and doing homework!
My parents WISHED I was doing that at 15.
Hangin' out with your hoodlum friends?
In fairness to my parents, they really were hoodlums.
Your friends or your parents?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:41:27 PM
Good start to the week, DOW up 80.  Hope the momentum keeps up.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:41:36 PM
Physical done for another year, looks like I'll live.  Glad he has small fingers and good lube.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:42:02 PM
Good start to the week, DOW up 80.  Hope the momentum keeps up.
Record High for the S&P
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:44:04 PM
Looks like the Sister has swapped out 2 of the DD offers today.  MCII Papi Chulos and DPG Blues on there now.
Except we're spoiled on the MCII PC price and Blues are not Cheapy Cheapo approved.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 05:44:25 PM
[...]

Haha. My friends.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
Physical done for another year, looks like I'll live.  Glad he has small fingers and good lube.
Except that particular organ is no longer in play.  He just wants to stay friends.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 05:48:07 PM
Looks like the Sister has swapped out 2 of the DD offers today.  MCII Papi Chulos and DPG Blues on there now.
Except we're spoiled on the MCII PC price and Blues are not Cheapy Cheapo approved.
I think most of us are adequately stocked for life on MCII PC's, I damn sure am unless I licpve to over 100.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 05:56:12 PM
Decatur Illinois police (of course media had to report white police) shot a black man apparently shooting a long rifle and armed with a pistol (and possibly more).  Also discharged gun(s) at police on their arrival.  Let the protests begin!
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 06:00:11 PM
Decatur Illinois police (of course media had to report white police) shot a black man apparently shooting a long rifle and armed with a pistol (and possibly more).  Also discharged gun(s) at police on their arrival.  Let the protests begin!
Large protest underway now in Chicago where BLM the most
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 06:17:18 PM
Decatur Illinois police (of course media had to report white police) shot a black man apparently shooting a long rifle and armed with a pistol (and possibly more).  Also discharged gun(s) at police on their arrival.  Let the protests begin!
Large protest underway now in Chicago where BLM the most
Just let the police stand down and let the mob take care of themselves.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 06:23:46 PM
Decatur Illinois police (of course media had to report white police) shot a black man apparently shooting a long rifle and armed with a pistol (and possibly more).  Also discharged gun(s) at police on their arrival.  Let the protests begin!
Large protest underway now in Chicago where BLM the most
Just let the police stand down and let the mob take care of themselves.
Sounds like a good idea too me, sort of like "let nature take its course"
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 06:30:21 PM
Looks like the Jam jacked the Laranja price $2
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 06:45:02 PM
Got an afternoon Pokemon Go lull?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/10/five-things-we-learned-pokmon-go/86928122/

Bad enough the number of idiots staggering around with their noses buried in their phones, now they are wandering aimlessly with their noses buried.  At least they are getting a little exercise.  Don't know if you've seen people out doing it, but the behavior is a bit bizarre.
My youngest son is doing it. Hey, it's social and active. There's a lot of worse things they could be doing. He could be doing what I was doing at his age.
The ‘augmented reality’ mobile game Pokémon Go, which uses the player’s smartphone camera to ‘add’ Pokémon to real-world locations, has ties to the CIA.

The developer of Pokémon Go, Niantic, Inc., was founded by John Hanke, who previously received funding from the CIA’s venture capital firm In-Q-Tel to develop what eventually became Google Earth.

In-Q-Tel was once described as an “independent strategic investment firm that identifies innovative technology solutions to support the missions of the U.S. Intelligence Community.”

It’s easy to see why the CIA would have an interest in the software behind Pokémon Go; the game utilizes the player’s camera and gyroscope to display an image of a Pokémon as though it were in the real world, such as the player’s apartment complex or workplace bathroom.

Software like that could theoretically turn millions of smartphone users into ‘Imperial probe droids’ who take real-time, ground-level footage of their cities and homes, reaching into dark alleyways and basements which spy satellites and Google cars can’t reach.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 06:50:01 PM
[...]

Whoa, could you post the link to that article?
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 07:37:47 PM
[...]

http://www.infowars.com/pokemon-go-linked-to-cia/

Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 08:26:51 PM
[...]

+1
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 11, 2016, 08:28:58 PM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 08:35:53 PM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:14:35 PM
I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: razgueado on July 11, 2016, 09:18:06 PM

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.

Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 09:30:58 PM

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.
Unless as in my case, they go to a shrink, then he validates the made up shit and well...
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 10:27:52 PM

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.
More like a bad month, Bret.  My wife has been taking non-stop to me for almost 2 1/2 months now.  She even quizzes me to see if I'm listening.
My wife has always done the quiz thing. Occupational hazard, I think.
Mine too and I intentionally fail to let her know I don't much give a shit about her chatter
You're safer that way.
You're never safe.  If you say something it will be used against you.  If you say nothing, they will just make shit up.
Yes, but you're slightly safer if they make shit up, because you can legitimately deny it's true. If you tell them you don't give a shit about their chatter, you're just begging for disaster.
Unless as in my case, they go to a shrink, then he validates the made up shit and well...
Oof! It seems we're doomed no matter what.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 11, 2016, 10:31:15 PM
Since this is a cigar website I'll say this... Had a Graycliff Profesionale Series (blue label) robusto this evening. What a piece of shit.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:50:47 PM
Since this is a cigar website I'll say this... Had a Graycliff Profesionale Series (blue label) robusto this evening. What a piece of shit.
I will take your word for it with no need to try for myself.
Title: Re: 7/11/2016
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 11, 2016, 10:52:07 PM

[...]

That's my feeling, but applaud and respect the alternative position taken by Mr. Raz.  I remain optimistic on that front.