Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »

An no Patron Saint of Mondays, Mr. Dean to check in...
I love Mondays, just not so much today. almost sleepless weekend, and my RA is kicking my ass.

AJ New World torp and coffee here trying to gdrag my ass to the shower to get ready for the noon meeting and some shopping.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/11/2016
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2016, 09:37:49 AM »

I haven't been on here much lately.  I just haven't been able to get into the mood to banter.

On April 22 my wife turned 62 years old.  By the end of the week, April 29th, my wife was fired from her job that she loved very much at CVS.  My wife was working with a newly hired employee that was just there to get her paycheck.  She snuck off and hid out in the store room, slept in the bathroom, wouldn't do what she was told, talk on her phone and text messaged all of the time, and they even photographed her a few time sleeping at the cash register with customers in the background asking if she was ok, or needed to go to the hospital.  But she was just sleeping.

They fired her, but before she left she tried to get as many people as she could fired too.  So they check the video on my wife for the past 3 months and found that she had bought a homeless man a soda and had used her rewards card while making the purchase.  Well, it's against company policy to use your card for other people, which they feel is stealing.  I guess she got a $0.20-$0.30 cent discount on the purchase which was enough reason for them to fire her.  Also, you don't get unemployment for thief, which went on the report.  And she has never stole a thing in her life.  Anyway, we've been going through that mess for the past 2-3 months with appeals and such, but know we're at a dead end.  What a bunch of bull shit...!

Anyway, that's another one of the many reasons I just haven't felt like getting onto the computer or doing anything else at the moment...  Does she find another job, or retire on her little Soc. Sec., since she's been a house wife all of her life and has not given that much to Soc. Sec. over the past 12 years.  I want her to work, she thinks 12 years is enough work for anybody.. sigh.
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 09:39:36 AM »

Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
Tried one Last Call.  Surprisingly good.  The problem with cigars that size is that if you're not competing with the price of the R then you're doing it wrong.  The others are IPCPR releases aren't they?
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 7/11/2016
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

A couple of months ago on Famous Auction, I picked up a few La Floridita Limited Edition Toro Maduro made by Nestor Plasencia.  It's a $2 cigar.

I don't know if anyone has tried it, but I thought it was fairly decent.  I also picked up a 5 pack of the La Floridita Gold cigars that has terrible reviews unless you age them for 8 months.  So, I'll age them, and see what happens.

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:50 AM »

I was going to bitch about Monday, but BD is having a far worse day than me, so...

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

Mentioned this over the weekend, but there are three cigars I'm looking forward to.  Let me know if you happen to see them pop up in the next month or so...

Three cigars I'm looking forward to getting my hands on....
EP Carrillo Capa de Sol, Warped Villa Sombra and AJF Bellas Artes.
Not so sure about the AJF Last Call.
Tried one Last Call.  Surprisingly good.  The problem with cigars that size is that if you're not competing with the price of the R then you're doing it wrong.  The others are IPCPR releases aren't they?
Yes, all IPCPR but limited shipment supposed to start before the show.  Villa Sombra is Warped first Shade Connie.  They are releasing another called Maestro del Tiempo, but one of those weird deals...only to IPCPR participants and on a staggered release schedule of only large cabinet sizes.

Haven't seen any shipment dates for Bellas Artes, but the tobacco sounds real interesting.

As for the EPC Capa de Sol, there seems to be very little information about it, and no projections on availability.  My guess is that it would not have been launched until next year if not for the FDA deadline.

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2016, 10:04:10 AM »

[...]

have your wife babysit the grandkids and you smoke cigars. maybe now without her little income she can drop her deadbeat brother and get that anchor off your back.

good morning BD.

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2016, 10:04:30 AM »

Morning BD and Raz.

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:10 AM »

[...]

I would take his advice....he knows!

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:02 AM »

[...]

You could also check with a lawyer for legal advice.  I would only use someone who would take commission on settlement rather than up front (indicator of whether they think you can win).  At least worth exploring.

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:19 AM »

trust me, I know deadbeats. hard lesson to learn and had to run 1300 miles away from them and still took almost a year to cut my wallet loose from them all.
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:41 AM »

morning Dave, and Dave, and Ogie, and Scott, and RazMan.

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »

Morning BD and Raz.
Top o'the morning, TD

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »

The number of fatal shootings by officers increased from 465 in the first six months of last year to 491 for the same period this year, according to an ongoing two-year study by The Washington Post. This year has also seen more officers shot and killed in the line of duty and more officers prosecuted for questionable shootings.

Blacks continued to be shot at 2.5 times the rate of whites. About half of those killed were white, and about half were minorities. Less than 10 percent of all those killed were unarmed. One-quarter were mentally ill.
Ramsey, who was appointed by President Obama in 2014 to lead a White House policing task force, told NBC’s Chuck Todd that some crime rates are on the rise, explaining that, on average, there are about 13,000 murders in the United States each year but that “these are not shootings by police.”

“These are people killing people,” he said.

“Who do you think goes after the people responsible for these crimes? It’s the cops,” he added. “And we encounter a lot of very dangerous people out there on the street. So we can look at numbers in a variety of ways, but I think we need to keep it in context that police officers have a very challenging and often dangerous job. Now that’s not to say that we should not be mindful of the fact that we have some officers that use excessive force, that shoot people when it’s not totally justified. We’ve got to really address that and hold them accountable.

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »

trust me, I know deadbeats. hard lesson to learn and had to run 1300 miles away from them and still took almost a year to cut my wallet loose from them all.
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.
Clearly I'm not going to have any basis to bitch about petty annoyances today. Dean, I'm glad you're free of all that. Dad, hang in. Things have a way of working out.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10