CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 08, 2017, 12:00:11 AM

Title: 9/8/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on September 08, 2017, 12:00:11 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:06:51 AM
flipped on time.
😌
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:07:57 AM
bed time.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:08:39 AM
bed time.
good night Dean.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:09:19 AM
bed time.
good night Dean.
thanks, see you later in the morning.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:09:54 AM
bed time.
good night Dean.
thanks, see you later in the morning.
you too.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 12:12:38 AM
flipped on time.

Don't sound so surprised.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 12:12:59 AM
bed time.
good night Dean.
+1
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 04:20:16 AM
Cheap'O Bean'O Alert

At the Sister:

MOW Little Devil
10/$25 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:14:28 AM
flipped on time.
😌
Got Dean checking up on the Mayor
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:15:52 AM
Morning Folks, Happy 5th Saturday.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:20:43 AM
...IRMA MOVING THROUGH THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS AS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE...

Lost a little strength overnight and now a maximum Cat 4 Storm (155 mph) but with a huge wind field ranging out about 175 miles.  Irma could regain Cat-5 strength before landfall in South Florida.  Forecast Track has continued shifting a little westerly .
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:25:31 AM
A Classic "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING"

North Texas special-ed teacher indicted, allegedly asked student to draw her nude

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/North-Texas-special-ed-teacher-indicted-for-12181657.php?ipid=hpctp

Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:32:24 AM
Wardens last day of work today or at least full time work.  She and the boy have worked out some sort of arrangement and she is going to work 2-3 days/week for him after we get settled in but I am not a party to that deal.

Hopefully Departing Austin at the butt crack of dawn on Monday, going to Shreveport for a couple of days staying at her Sisters house.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:46:17 AM
At least six die in huge Mexico quake; small tsunami triggered

The quake was apparently stronger than a devastating 1985 tremor that flattened swathes of Mexico City and killed thousands

MEXICO CITY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 8.1 struck off the southern coast of Mexico late on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said, killing at least six people and triggering small tsunami waves but no major destruction.

The quake was apparently stronger than a devastating 1985 tremor that flattened swathes of Mexico City and killed thousands, but this time damage to the city was limited.

A number of buildings suffered severe damage in parts of southern Mexico. Some of the worst initial reports came from Juchitan in Oaxaca state, where sections of the town hall, a hotel, a bar and other buildings were reduced to rubble.

Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:07:44 AM
Unlike many retirees traveling the world is not on our activities list but we do have a couple of trips planned for next year.  One trip includes spending about 10 days in the FL Keys and Everglades, Irma might disrupt that plan due to extensive damage requiring extensive rebuilding.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:19:42 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:23:14 AM
Wardens last day of work today or at least full time work.  She and the boy have worked out some sort of arrangement and she is going to work 2-3 days/week for him after we get settled in but I am not a party to that deal.

Hopefully Departing Austin at the butt crack of dawn on Monday, going to Shreveport for a couple of days staying at her Sisters house.
Irma should be out of the way by then.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:24:29 AM
A little weather levity :)

Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:24:43 AM
flipped on time.
😌
I must have gotten him worried last night.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:26:01 AM
Morning Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:26:26 AM
flipped on time.
😌
I must have gotten him worried last night.
Gotta keep him on his toes ;D
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:27:42 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 8, the 251st day of 2017. There are 114 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On September 8, 1892, an early version of "The Pledge of Allegiance," written by Francis Bellamy, appeared in "The Youth's Companion." It went: "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

On this date:

In 1504, Michelangelo's towering marble statue of David was unveiled to the public in Florence, Italy.

In 1761, Britain's King George III married Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz a few hours after meeting her for the first time.

In 1900, Galveston, Texas, was struck by a hurricane that killed an estimated 8,000 people.

In 1921, Margaret Gorman, 16, of Washington, D.C., was crowned the first "Miss America" in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

In 1935, Sen. Huey P. Long, D-La., was shot and mortally wounded inside the Louisiana State Capitol; he died two days later. (The assailant was identified as Dr. Carl Weiss, who was gunned down by Long's bodyguards.)

In 1941, the 900-day Siege of Leningrad by German forces began during World War II.

In 1951, a peace treaty with Japan was signed by 49 nations in San Francisco.

In 1966, the science-fiction series "Star Trek" premiered on NBC; the situation comedy "That Girl," starring Marlo Thomas, debuted on ABC.

In 1974, President Gerald R. Ford granted a "full, free, and absolute pardon" to former President Richard Nixon covering his entire term in office.

In 1985, Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds tied Ty Cobb's career record for hits, singling for hit number 4,191 during a game against the Cubs in Chicago.

In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.

In 1994, USAir Flight 427, a Boeing 737, crashed into a ravine as it was approaching Pittsburgh International Airport, killing all 132 people on board.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:27:54 AM
Wardens last day of work today or at least full time work.  She and the boy have worked out some sort of arrangement and she is going to work 2-3 days/week for him after we get settled in but I am not a party to that deal.

Hopefully Departing Austin at the butt crack of dawn on Monday, going to Shreveport for a couple of days staying at her Sisters house.
Irma should be out of the way by then.
That is the plan but I do have a "just in case" hotel reservation in Columbia.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:28:24 AM
Ten years ago: Sheriff's deputies in Logan County, West Virginia, removed Megan Williams, a 20-year-old black woman, from a house in Big Creek, where she'd endured what authorities described as days of torture. (Seven white men and women pleaded guilty in connection with the case. In a strange twist, Williams recanted her accusations in 2009; however, one of the defendants, Frankie Brewster, said, "It did happen.") Top-ranked Justine Henin (EH'-nen) overwhelmed Svetlana Kuznetsova (svet-LAH'-nah kooz-NET'-so-vah) 6-1, 6-3 to win her second U.S. Open women's title and seventh Grand Slam championship.

Five years ago: Strong storms pummeled the East Coast, spawning a pair of tornadoes in the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens, while temperatures at Washington Dulles International Airport plunged 25 degrees in one hour, falling from 89 degrees to 64. A suicide bomber struck near NATO headquarters in Kabul, killing at least six Afghan civilians in an attack that officials blamed on the Haqqani network.

One year ago: California and federal regulators fined Wells Fargo a combined $185 million, alleging the bank's employees illegally opened millions of unauthorized accounts for their customers in order to meet aggressive sales goals. U.S. aviation safety officials took the extraordinary step of warning airline passengers not to turn on or charge a new-model Samsung smartphone, the Galaxy Note 7, during flights following numerous reports of the devices catching fire. Serena Williams was upset in the U.S. Open semifinals for the second year in a row, beaten 6-2, 7-6 (5) by 10th-seeded Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic. Greta Zimmer Friedman, identified as the woman in an iconic photo seen kissing an ecstatic sailor in Times Square celebrating the end of World War II, died in Richmond, Virginia, at age 92.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:29:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: Ventriloquist Willie Tyler is 77. Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., is 76. Actor Alan Feinstein is 76. Pop singer Sal Valentino (The Beau Brummels) is 75. Author Ann Beattie is 70. Secretary of Defense James Mattis is 67. Cajun singer Zachary Richard (ree-SHARD') is 67. Musician Will Lee is 65. Actress Heather Thomas is 60. Singer Aimee Mann is 57. Pop musician David Steele (Fine Young Cannibals) is 57. Actor Thomas Kretschmann is 55. Rhythm-and-blues singer Marc Gordon (Levert) is 53. Gospel singer Darlene Zschech (chehk) is 52. Alternative country singer Neko (NEE'-koh) Case is 47. TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet is 46. Actor Martin Freeman is 46. Actor David Arquette is 46. TV-radio personality Kennedy is 45. Rock musician Richard Hughes (Keane) is 42. Actor Larenz Tate is 42. Actor Nathan Corddry is 40. Rhythm-and-blues singer Pink is 38. Singer-songwriter Eric Hutchinson is 37. Actor Jonathan Taylor Thomas is 36. Rapper Wiz Khalifa is 30. Dance music artist AVICII is 28. Actor Gaten Matarazzo (TV: "Stranger Things") is 15.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:29:28 AM
Thought for Today: "Censorship is the height of vanity." - Martha Graham, American modern dance pioneer (1893-1991).
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:30:28 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:32:01 AM
No reason for South FL folks to die in their homes when they can run out of gas in a traffic jam and die in their car on a freeway.

Houston tried evacuating about 500,000  several years ago and if the storm had done as forecast a butt load of people would have died on the highway.

Edit:

"Greatest Evacuation In History" - 650,000 Ordered To Leave Florida

"There was no gas and it's gridlock. People are stranded on the sides of the highway... It's 92 degrees out and little kids are out on the grass on the side of the road. No one can help them."
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 06:37:13 AM
[...]
The Loon turns 76!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 06:40:27 AM
Cheap'O Bean'O Alert

At the Sister:

MOW Little Devil
10/$25 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Some nice MOW offerings indeed.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
It's Friday, ladies!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:02:59 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:03:26 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.  You back at the office?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 07:04:41 AM
A Classic "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING"

North Texas special-ed teacher indicted, allegedly asked student to draw her nude

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/North-Texas-special-ed-teacher-indicted-for-12181657.php?ipid=hpctp
Nothing wrong with the female form and teaching the special kids some art.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
A Classic "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING"

North Texas special-ed teacher indicted, allegedly asked student to draw her nude

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/North-Texas-special-ed-teacher-indicted-for-12181657.php?ipid=hpctp
Nothing wrong with the female form and teaching the special kids some art.
I fully agree but the do-gooder's that rule ruin the world now don't seem to think that way.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:12:24 AM
Interesting.....La Palina has a candela offering.  Didn't use their standard banding however.
....seems like the have a whole "B" line of offerings....maybe CI exclusives?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/la-palina-fuego-verde-cigars/1509458/
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 07:24:30 AM
I must be more anxious than I thought. Woke up and my fingernails have been chewed off.

Short Story and coffee going.

Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:25:35 AM
I must be more anxious than I thought. Woke up and my fingernails have been chewed off.

Short Story and coffee going.

Good morning guys.
You're home alone, right?   :o
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 07:26:21 AM
Cheap'O Bean'O Alert

At the Sister:

MOW Little Devil
10/$25 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Just saw that.  I'm in.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 07:32:27 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Nope. I see where her daughter gets her stubbornness.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 07:34:53 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 07:35:34 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, and FlipperInChief.  Friday, yeah!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 07:36:47 AM
I must be more anxious than I thought. Woke up and my fingernails have been chewed off.

Short Story and coffee going.

Good morning guys.
You're home alone, right?   :o

LOL. yes.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:38:36 AM
Kansas City put a quick end to talk of New England's perfect season...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:40:01 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Heck, now they would list that on the resume.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 07:40:27 AM
Morning Mr. Bean you little devil!  TGIF
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 07:48:22 AM
already FB locals complaining 19/98 backed up from Homossassa to Perry. cops trying to direct traffic through Crystal River here. fighting reported at our few local gas stations as the locals tired of their shit.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 07:58:28 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Nope. I see where her daughter gets her stubbornness.
Damn, she will leave next time I bet
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 07:59:09 AM
Going to get an oil change
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 07:59:37 AM
Morning Little Devil Beano
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 08:03:00 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.  You back at the office?
Yep.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 08:05:11 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Nope. I see where her daughter gets her stubbornness.
Damn, she will leave next time I bet
I wouldn't make that bet.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:10:29 AM
already FB locals complaining 19/98 backed up from Homossassa to Perry. cops trying to direct traffic through Crystal River here. fighting reported at our few local gas stations as the locals rednecks tired of their shit.
Fixed it for you.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:11:14 AM
Going to get an oil change
On the truck you mean?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 08:14:15 AM
Doubt OhioDave approves, but hell ya!  http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/07/taco-bell-employees-shoot-robber/ (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/07/taco-bell-employees-shoot-robber/)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 08:20:31 AM
already FB locals complaining 19/98 backed up from Homossassa to Perry. cops trying to direct traffic through Crystal River here. fighting reported at our few local gas stations as the locals rednecks tired of their shit.
Fixed it for you.
Thank you.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:48:53 AM
Doubt OhioDave approves, but hell ya!  http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/07/taco-bell-employees-shoot-robber/ (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09/07/taco-bell-employees-shoot-robber/)
Not just one, but THREE employees carrying.  Shame they missed the other one however.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 08:50:19 AM
Going to get an oil change
On the truck you mean?
Never mind, thought I was responding to Dean there for a minute... ::)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:06:41 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:08:36 AM
Morning Mr. Bean you little devil!  TGIF
I must admit, his cheapness payed off!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 09:09:05 AM
Kansas City put a quick end to talk of New England's perfect season...
Don't know why fans aren't behind Alex Smith.  He's performed well everywhere he's been, often with average supporting cast, and yet has been traded and even in KC, fans are wanting Mahomes.  Not that Mahomes is bad, but give him some time to develop.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 09:09:56 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
and 6 x 60 San Andres...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:16:51 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
and 6 x 60 San Andres...
Have hope!  As I remember some of the best of the best 101 deals we got were at the FU
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:17:21 AM
Kansas City put a quick end to talk of New England's perfect season...
Don't know why fans aren't behind Alex Smith.  He's performed well everywhere he's been, often with average supporting cast, and yet has been traded and even in KC, fans are wanting Mahomes.  Not that Mahomes is bad, but give him some time to develop.
Reed is also an excellent coach
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:17:22 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:17:54 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
and 6 x 60 San Andres...
Have hope!  As I remember some of the best of the best 101 deals we got were at the FU
I hope for Namakubis...not going to happen though
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:19:28 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
and 6 x 60 San Andres...
Have hope!  As I remember some of the best of the best 101 deals we got were at the FU
I hope for Namakubis...not going to happen though
Unfortunately probably not as I would buy some of those myself
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:19:56 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:22:30 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
Yeah, south FL folks are going to catch hell I imagine.  Hope your sister is on high ground .
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 09:24:07 AM
Curious to see what Room 101s CI has left for the FU offering tomorrow.
Big Payback connies, my guess
and 6 x 60 San Andres...
Have hope!  As I remember some of the best of the best 101 deals we got were at the FU
I hope for Namakubis...not going to happen though
Seems Chief Cool Arrow is the current feature making the rounds on the discount block.  Not quite as outstanding as the run of MC II's however.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:24:20 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Nope. I see where her daughter gets her stubbornness.
Damn, she will leave next time I bet
I wouldn't make that bet.
Let her go 2-3 weeks without electricity and see if she does not get more reasonable
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
Burners running  at the Page if anyone needs some entertainment
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 09:26:52 AM
Where's LTG been? Did he get permission from the Daves to take some time off?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 09:29:08 AM
@ Mayor T - did you get the MIL out of FL ?
Nope. I see where her daughter gets her stubbornness.
Damn, she will leave next time I bet
I wouldn't make that bet.
Let her go 2-3 weeks without electricity and see if she does not get more reasonable
She grew up in Cuba without electricity. I still wouldn't hold my breath.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 09:29:12 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
Yeah, south FL folks are going to catch hell I imagine.  Hope your sister is on high ground .
It's Florida...don't know that there is high ground.
My cousin is in Ave Maria with is inland from Naples, but face the challenge of rising swamp and lakes instead of ocean.  Not good in either case.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 09:31:37 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 09:32:26 AM
Morning Mr. Bean you little devil!  TGIF
I must admit, his cheapness payed off!
TNWSS
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 09:56:55 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 10:28:17 AM
Villager offerings Flashing at Holt's today.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 10:50:13 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
Yeah, south FL folks are going to catch hell I imagine.  Hope your sister is on high ground .
It's Florida...don't know that there is high ground.
My cousin is in Ave Maria with is inland from Naples, but face the challenge of rising swamp and lakes instead of ocean.  Not good in either case.
It's a relative thing, 20 - 25' is high ground in South Florida
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 10:53:21 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:16:47 AM
Interesting.....La Palina has a candela offering.  Didn't use their standard banding however.
....seems like the have a whole "B" line of offerings....maybe CI exclusives?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/la-palina-fuego-verde-cigars/1509458/
Came across a Pickle Juice Candela in one of my humidors...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:18:13 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 11:18:33 AM
S: Mandatory Evacuation Notice 9/8/2017
Citrus County Mandatory Evacuation  - West of Hwy 19, 1.5 miles east of Hwy 19 excluding Sugarmill Woods, all of the City of Crystal River, all low lying areas, anyone residing in mobile homes, manufactured homes and all unsafe structures throughout the entire county.  Act Now!  Don't Wait!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 11:19:21 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 11:21:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 11:22:15 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 11:25:04 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
CNS
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:27:22 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
Nope, that's an old one... 8)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 11:28:22 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
He seems to have quite a few tucked away.
Luckily enough old farts in attendance to understand WTF he's talking about.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:28:24 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
might as well, Hootie & the Blowfish is already taken.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 11:29:14 AM
For a little light reading, a story about my favorite watering hole...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20595684/the-esso-club-tells-story-clemson-tigers-present
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 11:29:16 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
might as well, Hootie & the Blowfish is already taken.
...and left. Morning, Don Vito.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:29:26 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
He seems to have quite a few tucked away.
Luckily enough old farts in attendance to understand WTF he's talking about.
I think the boat had a salacious name as well.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 11:30:09 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 11:31:29 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Bada Boom!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 11:31:39 AM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on September 08, 2017, 11:31:47 AM
Lunch is a going away dinner, at a midtown Chinese Restaurant, buddy here moving to Dallas,
where his wife got a new job. I might walk to Penn station after lunch, rather than come back.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 11:33:04 AM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 11:37:07 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
He seems to have quite a few tucked away.
Luckily enough old farts in attendance to understand WTF he's talking about.
I think the boat had a salacious name as well.
The good ship "Monkey Business".
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 11:48:35 AM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 11:50:30 AM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 11:53:43 AM
In 1987, former Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart admitted during an interview on ABC's "Nightline" that he had committed adultery, and said he had no plans to resume his White House bid.
Seems like such a quaint concept these days.
Gary Hart to Donna Rice, on the boat; "I asked you to suck my erection, not fuck my election!".
Wow. You been saving that one?
He seems to have quite a few tucked away.
Luckily enough old farts in attendance to understand WTF he's talking about.
I think the boat had a salacious name as well.
"Monkey Business."
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 11:55:59 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Oh, I dunno...there was Irma La Douce.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/25812cd0cb0148609e1ad0557ec7f5ff.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 11:58:15 AM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Oh, I dunno...there was Irma La Douce.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/25812cd0cb0148609e1ad0557ec7f5ff.jpg)
Ok, I had a thing for Shirley MacClaine.  Just sayin'…
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:01:14 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
I've seen bands erupt in violence over choosing a name. After the time I watched a drummer point a .357 at a vocalist in an argument over the band name, I decided thenceforth that I would always be the bandleader and I would always choose the name before I ever brought in any other musicians.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:01:36 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
While you're at it, take a leak for me.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:01:55 PM
looking at the new projected track, the eye will be very close to where I live at possibly a cat2. the east coast looks safer now.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:02:54 PM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Oh, I dunno...there was Irma La Douce.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/25812cd0cb0148609e1ad0557ec7f5ff.jpg)
Ok, I had a thing for Shirley MacClaine.  Just sayin'…
You're brave to admit that here. The woman is a wacko commie.

But she did look pretty good back in the day.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:06:03 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
"The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise above..."

Always hated that song. But that particular line was pretty good. I mean, for a stoner anthem.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:06:55 PM
looking at the new projected track, the eye will be very close to where I live at possibly a cat2. the east coast looks safer now.
I expect this is not the kind of blown you would prefer to be.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Oh, I dunno...there was Irma La Douce.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/25812cd0cb0148609e1ad0557ec7f5ff.jpg)
Ok, I had a thing for Shirley MacClaine.  Just sayin'…
You're brave to admit that here. The woman is a wacko commie.

But she did look pretty good back in the day.
Needless to say as a young pubescent lad, I wasn't interested in her politics.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 12:17:13 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
"The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise above..."

Always hated that song. But that particular line was pretty good. I mean, for a stoner anthem.
Oh, dude…
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 12:17:51 PM
Morning Fish and Dean
Morning Dave, looks like the storm moved west. FL is in big trouble, 6-10 ft storm surge in Miami predicted. They are only 6' above sea level. Also my sister owns homes in Naples Park, just 25 min from downtown Naples
unless Irma changes her mind, tracking going straight up the center spine of Florida, that's as bad as it could possibly be for all of Florida.
For sure, nothing spared on that path
Coast to Coast Hurricane
I think that'll be the name of my next band. Coast To Coast Hurricane.
Sounds a little better than Irma... ???
Oh, I dunno...there was Irma La Douce.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/25812cd0cb0148609e1ad0557ec7f5ff.jpg)
Ok, I had a thing for Shirley MacClaine.  Just sayin'…
You're brave to admit that here. The woman is a wacko commie.

But she did look pretty good back in the day.
I don't think he dreamed of talking politics with her.... ???
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 12:20:22 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
"The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise above..."

Always hated that song. But that particular line was pretty good. I mean, for a stoner anthem.
Between America and REM, I didn't know WTF they were ever talking about....but some catchy melodies.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 12:20:23 PM
[...]

Indeed.  Who said anything about talking?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:22:29 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
"The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise above..."

Always hated that song. But that particular line was pretty good. I mean, for a stoner anthem.
Oh, dude…
You mean, "doood."
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:23:26 PM
Morning SheckyFlip and BandWithNoNameRaz.
…on a horse with no name.
"The ocean is a desert with its life underground and the perfect disguise above..."

Always hated that song. But that particular line was pretty good. I mean, for a stoner anthem.
Between America and REM, I didn't know WTF they were ever talking about....but some catchy melodies.
REM was never talking about anything.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 12:24:14 PM
[...]

Well, there is that one way to shut her up...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 12:29:51 PM
what storm?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 12:32:00 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 12:33:34 PM
Thinking of music and fluff distractions, mostly for those of us 50 or older, I offer the following:

http://www.channel101.com/show/171
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 01:05:43 PM
what storm?
This little piggy went to market…
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 01:06:29 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Make sure he's paying. You're on a fixed budget now.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: sfish on September 08, 2017, 01:15:39 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
CNS
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 01:34:56 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 01:39:48 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Make sure he's paying. You're on a fixed budget now.
He did!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 02:02:05 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Make sure he's paying. You're on a fixed budget now.
He did!
What was on tap?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 02:03:46 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Make sure he's paying. You're on a fixed budget now.
He did!
More importantly, what jeet?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 02:05:20 PM
Go to the bank and then to lunch for me.
Work friend called and picking me up for lunch.
Make sure he's paying. You're on a fixed budget now.
He did!
More importantly, what jeet?
Food?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 02:08:25 PM
Don't think I will be able to make it this year, but Philly Naked bike ride is tomorrow...

https://philadelphianakedbikeride.wordpress.com/
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 02:11:36 PM
IRMA UPDATE: Track shifts even farther west, improving forecast for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee
(Grand Strand is Myrtle Beach)

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36249947/irma-update-track-shifts-even-farther-west-improving-forecast-for-the-grand-strand-and-pee-dee
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
IRMA UPDATE: Track shifts even farther west, improving forecast for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee
(Grand Strand is Myrtle Beach)

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36249947/irma-update-track-shifts-even-farther-west-improving-forecast-for-the-grand-strand-and-pee-dee
Looking like Clemson will get more of the storm than Charleston after all.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 02:30:11 PM
IRMA UPDATE: Track shifts even farther west, improving forecast for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee
(Grand Strand is Myrtle Beach)

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/36249947/irma-update-track-shifts-even-farther-west-improving-forecast-for-the-grand-strand-and-pee-dee
Looking like Clemson will get more of the storm than Charleston after all.
Good chance but Clemson will not flood much if any and Charleston probaly will.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 02:33:27 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 02:36:19 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
No granny panties down around her ankles.  Not sure what to make of that clue.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 02:38:06 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
No granny panties down around her ankles.  Not sure what to make of that clue.
Not that I need any additional photographic clarification...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 02:40:18 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
No granny panties down around her ankles.  Not sure what to make of that clue.
Not that I need any additional photographic clarification...
+1
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 02:46:15 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
No granny panties down around her ankles.  Not sure what to make of that clue.
Not that I need any additional photographic clarification...
+1
But is it the lady, the redhead, or contestant number 3 from the golf course?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 02:59:22 PM
Chapter 3 from Small Batch Cigars Develop your Palate series:

Peanuts

Floral

Hickory

Grass

Honey
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:00:00 PM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – PEANUTS | DUNBARTON SOBREMESA SHORT CHURCHILL

There are as many varieties of peanut sensations as there are nuts: the peanut shell versus the legume itself, roasted peanuts, boiled peanuts, peanut butter, and everything else that you see on the shelf.  Oh yeah, did you notice that peanuts aren’t actually nuts, but legumes? For our purposes, Sobremesa delivers sensations of roasted peanuts as well as what some have described as peanut butter.

Are you asking, how to develop your palate for cigars?  Or how to develop a cigar palate?  In this article we'll show you how to develop your palate with iconic cigars for classic tasting notes: Peanuts - Dunbarton Sobremesa Short Churchill

It’s smooth, savory, and dead on for tasting peanuts in a cigar.  Unfortunately the Sobremesa Short Churchill is a masterpiece of a cigar and delivers a very complex and commanding experience.  Peanuts aren’t the only flavor competing for your attention in this cigar, but we think it’s worth the extra homework for this one!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:00:54 PM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – FLORAL | CURIVARI RESERVA LIMITADA

Floral notes are those that remind us of flowers.  Much like we’ve discussed in the past with leather, earth, and cedar, floral notes are something we discern from a cigar based off of a sensation or smell.  Of course, different flowers carry different scents, so it’s entirely possible that you may classify your experience with more specificity.

Are you asking, how to develop your palate for cigars?  Or how to develop a cigar palate?  In this article we'll show you how to develop your palate with iconic cigars for classic tasting notes: Floral - Curivari Reserva Limited

The Curivari Reserva Limitada reminds me very much of the Vegueros Mananitas, a Cuban cigar that transports you to a Flower Garden when you close your eyes.  As soon as you fire up this particular Curivari, expect a similar experience and let us know if you’re reminded of a specific flower!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – HICKORY | DREW ESTATE KENTUCKY FIRE CURED

There are a few cigars in today’s market that provide hickory tasting notes, but none do it quite like the Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured (KFC) line.  In fact, we’re practically cheating here, but the KFC will take you on a hickory roller coaster that will train your palate to detect mesquite from a mile away!

Are you asking, how to develop your palate for cigars?  Or how to develop a cigar palate?  In this article we'll show you how to develop your palate with iconic cigars for classic tasting notes: Hickory - Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured cigar

KFC cigars are stalk cut before being fire cured (like smoking meat) to give them their unmistakable hickory and BBQ taste. It’s akin to Latakia tobacco for pipe smokers, and something that every cigar smoker should try at least once! Oh, we should also note that Kentucky Fire Cured tobacco is so popular in Italy that it’s a key ingredient in the infamous Toscano cigars – what would be the National Cigar of Italy, if they had such a thing.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:02:34 PM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – GRASS | LA PALINA FUEGO VERDE

If you’ve never seen a Candela cigar before, rest assured that this shade of green was purposefully created and not a sign of an immature or underdeveloped wrapper.  It’s actually harder to produce this shade of wrapper but can be accomplished in less time than traditional curing.  And once upon a time, Candela was the preferred cigar for the American Market.

Are you asking, how to develop your palate for cigars?  Or how to develop a cigar palate?  In this article we'll show you how to develop your palate with iconic cigars for classic tasting notes: Grass - La Palina Fuego Verde (candela)

Grass isn't usually the first flavor that someone seeks out in a cigar, but it can be quite pleasant and slightly sweet. Candela thrives under cooler conditions, and it’s suggested to smoke this cigar slowly to get the most from the experience.  Once lit, expect several different grassy nuances to seize your palate in the first third.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:03:08 PM
DEVELOP YOUR PALATE – HONEY | WARPED VILLA SOMBRA

Honey is a remarkable flavor that, once noticed in a cigar, has a tendency to become a defining characteristic. We have over 300 types of honey in the United States alone, but for the most part we use it generically when discussing cigars. And it’s rare enough in cigars that it pulls you out of your seat and demands that you pay attention.

Are you asking, how to develop your palate for cigars?  Or how to develop a cigar palate?  In this article we'll show you how to develop your palate with iconic cigars for classic tasting notes: Honey - Warped Cigars Villa Sombra tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios

Enter the Warped Villa Sombra, a cigar that tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios!  Honey starts early and is quickly joined by a grain cereal sensation. With care to enjoy the Villa Sombra slowly, hints of honey will stay with you well into the second third. And, as an added bonus, lots of people describe a strawberry impression late in this cigar.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:03:45 PM
Tasting notes sampler:  https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/small-batch-classic-tasting-notes-no-3
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:04:41 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
No granny panties down around her ankles.  Not sure what to make of that clue.
Not that I need any additional photographic clarification...
+1
But is it the lady, the redhead, or contestant number 3 from the gold course?
Or an undisclosed new contender?? ??
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:08:12 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 03:09:53 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
Indeed, shameless.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 03:58:50 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
Indeed, shameless.
That's me!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 04:03:20 PM
Maybe a little influence from the SBC tasting list #3, starting the weekend out with a Warped Villa Sombra.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 04:11:35 PM
Mandatory evacuation in Levy County. Where Dave and I drove to the gulf. Town of Inglis. Traffic so bad on 95, 74, 44, 200, 19/98 everything a backed up cluster fuck.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 04:19:48 PM
Mandatory evacuation in Levy County. Where Dave and I drove to the gulf. Town of Inglis. Traffic so bad on 95, 74, 44, 200, 19/98 everything a backed up cluster fuck.
We better send the Banter Chopper 1 down to pluck you out.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 04:20:42 PM
Hurricanes make me tired had to catch a nap.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 04:25:38 PM
DEFINITION OF MANDATORY EVACUATION

A mandatory evacuation is an order that is given to residents in order to allow them ample time to evacuate an area that is expected to experience a disaster or other event.

A mandatory evacuation does not mean that we will forcefully remove anyone from their home.  It means that if you choose not to leave, emergency services will not be available to assist you when the weather too bad.

If you choose not to evacuate, that is your choice.  However, if you are not evacuated by the time that the severe weather is here, you run the risk that emergency services will not be available and the roads will be too congested for you to leave in time.

As usual, if you have any questions please call us at 352-486-5155 or 352-486-5576
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 04:34:43 PM
Think I will have a cigar and sip a couple brews.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 04:36:16 PM
Maybe a little influence from the SBC tasting list #3, starting the weekend out with a Warped Villa Sombra.
I smoked the one you gave me a few days ago and will agree there is a slight sweetness it ain't no honey nut cheerios.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 04:37:36 PM
Think I will have a cigar and sip a couple brews.
Just relocated to the shop with a Leaf Sumatra and water. Sure is nice out.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 04:40:09 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
20 more minutes until I light up...
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:03:39 PM
Think I will have a cigar and sip a couple brews.
Very nice smoke lit from the Island in the Hurricane. retirement gifted by the generous FL BOTL tcarblu.  Celebrating the warden and my retirements as we head toward the next step!  Southern Pecan to sip.

Have not heard from  Bill but he is an experienced Floridian so I am sure he is well prepared for storm events.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on September 08, 2017, 05:03:53 PM
what storm?
Are you on the right or left?   ???
The two in the middle?
Be sure to write your social security numbers on those  toes to make it easier for the coroner
The ever popular toe tag can keep your identity straight during these catastrophic times.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 05:20:12 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
20 more minutes until I light up...
I was off by about 20 minutes but I've chosen my smoke...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/2129807b55eb659e6e2526ae07f38298.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:21:10 PM
PWin my Friday afternoon away.  Almost time for a cigar and adult beverage!
20 more minutes until I light up...
I was off by about 20 minutes but I've chosen my smoke...

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/2129807b55eb659e6e2526ae07f38298.jpg)
And a good one it is!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 05:25:53 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 05:28:07 PM
Hurricane Irma will batter Florida and ‘devastate the United States,’ officials warn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/08/hurricane-irma-churns-over-the-bahamas-on-collision-course-with-florida/?sw_bypass=true&utm_term=.92b7f7a4b832
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:28:36 PM
Troy Gentry, of the country band Montgomery Gentry, was killed in a New Jersey helicopter crash Friday just before the duo was set to perform. He was 50.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 05:29:29 PM
Mandatory evacuation in Levy County. Where Dave and I drove to the gulf. Town of Inglis. Traffic so bad on 95, 74, 44, 200, 19/98 everything a backed up cluster fuck.
We better send the Banter Chopper 1 down to pluck you out.
Chopper may not be a good idea.  We just lost Troy Gentry in a helicopter crash this afternoon.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:29:49 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
Nubs I think
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 05:30:19 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
Only if you keep posting.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:31:55 PM
Hurricane Irma will batter Florida and ‘devastate the United States,’ officials warn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/09/08/hurricane-irma-churns-over-the-bahamas-on-collision-course-with-florida/?sw_bypass=true&utm_term=.92b7f7a4b832
Washington Post=Fake News.     Keep on playing footsie.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 05:36:23 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:37:38 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: razgueado on September 08, 2017, 05:39:02 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
Yeah, Tony doesn't usually invite trouble like that.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:39:29 PM
Damn fall football weather here, I should go to a High School game tonight.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:40:50 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
Yeah, Tony doesn't usually invite trouble like that.
I think he forgot who he was talking to, holy cow soggy granny panties instead of stars
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:43:00 PM
Can't believe they have not sold out of the Little Devil's
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 05:46:32 PM
Hard to concentrate on this cigar. Lots of short skirts and high boots out and about.

All kidding aside, definitely see the honey aspects of the Warped Flor Del Valle. Also get white pepper on the retrohale.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170908/5438dd4d808142bc61a4d35950e802eb.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 05:50:03 PM
Never seen such before but Weather Wunderground has a different track than the NWS for Irma.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 05:50:25 PM
Can't believe they have not sold out of the Little Devil's
I was figuring they'd be gone by noon.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 05:50:48 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
naked redhead women?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 05:52:28 PM
Never seen such before but Weather Wunderground has a different track than the NWS for Irma.
Just like betting on the double zero....not much of a chance, but if you get it right, you have bragging rights.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 05:53:25 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
naked redhead women?
Surprised The Lady hasn't dyed her hair red for you yet.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 05:54:08 PM
Never seen such before but Weather Wunderground has a different track than the NWS for Irma.
yeah, they show a Cat 1- to a Tropical Storm in my area.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on September 08, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
Never seen such before but Weather Wunderground has a different track than the NWS for Irma.
yeah, they show a Cat 1- to a Tropical Storm in my area.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Maintenance guy just told me they got several  people that drove up here from FL staying at the hotel
if I die do I get crosses or headstones in place of stars?
I'll honor whatever wishes you may have.
That's a pretty open honor offer there :o
naked redhead women?
You got it!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Oyam18 on September 08, 2017, 07:18:22 PM
Cheap'O Bean'O Alert

At the Sister:

MOW Little Devil
10/$25 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/
Done ....thanx!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 09:15:26 PM
Redhead lull?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 09:41:31 PM
Redhead lull?
That's not a thing.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 09:52:10 PM
Redhead lull?
That's not a thing.
I don't know, we've had every other kind of lull, it's about time one of Dean's ladies got some credit.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 09:53:03 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:54:05 PM
Redhead lull?
That's not a thing.
I don't know, we've had every other kind of lull, it's about time one of Dean's ladies got some credit.
LMAO, Dean thinks it's a Thing! :)
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:54:55 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
I would have gone with Weather Channel Lull
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 09:56:50 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
I would have gone with Weather Channel Lull
Nobody on the banter checks the weather channel.  Why would we when we have you giving us hourly updates.  And without the ads.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 08, 2017, 09:58:38 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
I would have gone with Weather Channel Lull
Nobody on the banter checks the weather channel.  Why would we when we have you giving us hourly updates.  And without the ads.
Next year I am making it a paid subscription service with ads
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 10:00:24 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
I would have gone with Weather Channel Lull
Nobody on the banter checks the weather channel.  Why would we when we have you giving us hourly updates.  And without the ads.
Next year I am making it a paid subscription service with ads
Good luck with that, AlRokerDave.
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 08, 2017, 10:29:34 PM
I would have gone with Oy purchase lull, but that's just me.
I would have gone with Weather Channel Lull
Nobody on the banter checks the weather channel.  Why would we when we have you giving us hourly updates.  And without the ads.
Next year I am making it a paid subscription service with ads
LMAO!
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 08, 2017, 10:32:30 PM
OK, should we give them credit and say redhead run?
Title: Re: 9/8/2017
Post by: Threebean on September 08, 2017, 10:49:54 PM
OK, should we give them credit and say redhead run?
Dean needs no help with credit.  He earns it the hard way.
No pum intended.