« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »

Something for Travellin Dave to Consider in his future move, he did mention warmer climate as a factor.

FIRST ALERT UPDATE: Snow likely across the Carolinas this weekend
Yea, there is occasional snow, two or three weeks total of temps in the 30's between December and February, but I can also grow palm trees, so I'll manage.
Truthfully, one of my real hesitations is it gets much too cold for me there.  Other one is fuk'n taxes are high as shit there.
SC is #36 on this list. Texas is #41, so you while you're trending commie, not too bad.
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/
Then it sounds like Alaska is where you wanna be.
For most humans there is a serious cold weather issue with that one!  Otherwise, would be a mostly fun place to live for outdoor types.
But I hear you can see Russia from there.

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »

Something for Travellin Dave to Consider in his future move, he did mention warmer climate as a factor.

FIRST ALERT UPDATE: Snow likely across the Carolinas this weekend
Yea, there is occasional snow, two or three weeks total of temps in the 30's between December and February, but I can also grow palm trees, so I'll manage.
Truthfully, one of my real hesitations is it gets much too cold for me there.  Other one is fuk'n taxes are high as shit there.
SC is #36 on this list. Texas is #41, so you while you're trending commie, not too bad.
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/
And as I've had to deal with #7 my entire adult life, anything would be a relief.  The community I am looking at for relo property taxes are 1/4 what I pay now.  They do screw you on car  however.  The have a vehicle "property tax" that is based on vehicle price that can be well over $600/year on late model cars.
Try well into the $1000's on newer vehicles in the urban counties, also their formula for determining value to  calculate those taxes is not made public.   Legislature put a cap on Boats because Horry, Charleston and Beaufort Counties were fuk'n people so bad on those.

But here is you a first hand example - inlaws bought a high end motor home last year and the property taxes 1st year were just south of $30,000.  Personal Property tax applies to everything with wheels on it (except boat trailers and they do not have to be registered) with no cap.

And if you have a second home there or otherwise own a home and not a resident you pay a 2% of the value penalty on the real property tax.

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »

Something for Travellin Dave to Consider in his future move, he did mention warmer climate as a factor.

FIRST ALERT UPDATE: Snow likely across the Carolinas this weekend
Yea, there is occasional snow, two or three weeks total of temps in the 30's between December and February, but I can also grow palm trees, so I'll manage.
Truthfully, one of my real hesitations is it gets much too cold for me there.  Other one is fuk'n taxes are high as shit there.
SC is #36 on this list. Texas is #41, so you while you're trending commie, not too bad.
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/
Then it sounds like Alaska is where you wanna be.
For most humans there is a serious cold weather issue with that one!  Otherwise, would be a mostly fun place to live for outdoor types.
But I hear you can see Russia from there.
I think that ability is limited to dumb bimbo's.

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »

[...]

How dare you, she's a national treasure! Not sure which nation, but still.

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »

[...]

Bottom line is probably the government is gonna get you, one way or another. Unless you just don't pay taxes at all.

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »

[...]

And a 7% state income tax rate?  Holy crap, I would definitely be having second thoughts about retiring in such a place.

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »

[...]

And the peak is reached at a pretty low threshold too.

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »

[...]

Correct but the other side of the coin is how bad they get you and the difference between states, counties and cities can be astronomical!

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2017, 10:25:08 AM »

[...]

Eskimo Nation maybe.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/4/2017
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 10:29:33 AM »

G'Morning, TaxBurdenBanter...

« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »

Believe it or not Alabama is a pretty tax friendly place for retirees, they do not have  bad personal property taxes and they don't have state income tax on SS or Pensions.  GA is better than SC for taxes and NC is not much if any better than SC.  NC has a lower income tax rate (5% flat rate) but they tax SS and Pension incomes along with any other kind.  SC does not tax SS but they do tax Pension Income.  Personal and Real Property taxes are a little better in NC and Insurance is cheaper there.

« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »

[...]

I don't understand how she hasn't been named to a cabinet position.
Matter of fact, we haven't heard the dulcet tones of her voice on any subject as of late...

« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »

[...]

The Donald apparently said thanks, but no thanks. High maintenance, even for him.

« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »

[...]

You'd think he'd at least want to grab her by the... Cat.

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »

G'Morning, TaxBurdenBanter...
Hiya, Stevo.