CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/10/2016  (Read 20962 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/10/2016
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »

hell of a roof leak from the heavy rains here. even got quite a mold problem.
Told you you shouldn't have installed that non-code shower upstairs...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »

Sheesh!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »

Maybe you can get a new house out of it?
actually I am looking to move. got a couple realtors showing me a few homes for rent next week. time I got out of the park and into a place of my own.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2016, 09:23:37 AM »

This is what it's really like to be on HGTV's 'Fixed Upper'

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
Sure, sure, we believe that.   ;)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2016, 09:35:03 AM »

heading out to the driving range. catch yall tomorrow.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2016, 09:37:49 AM »

heading out to the driving range. catch yall tomorrow.
Long and Straight!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »

Markets Open and very flat

DOW  -1.03 @ 18,531

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2016, 09:39:21 AM »

Time for a short walk.

sfish

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »

Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file

Threebean

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2016, 09:40:32 AM »

Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.

sfish

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »

Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »

I thought it was going to be a negative piece. I'm happy it wasn't.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16