CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/10/2016  (Read 20889 times)

sfish

Re: 8/10/2016
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2016, 08:36:44 AM »

Can't remember the last time I ate at a Denny's or IHOP.
I hate IHOP (fuk'n commie yuppie hangout with way overpriced food which is mostly not that good) but I had Denny's breakfast in San Antonio a few months back.
Nothing wrong with Denny's, as long as you don't mind the sometimes sketchy clientele.
That would be Waffle House with the scary clientele regardless of the time of day.   And goes for their help, too.
I've never been but have always been curious to try one.
Closest one to you may be in Bethlehem. You need to try it next year at CF.
Although I've never been, there seem to be many better choices to go with. Perhaps I'm influenced by their reputation. We always do a Taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich in the car on our way to CF. Immediately followed by our first cigar of the day.
Can't go wrong there. Except that at the CF house, it's pork roll, bro!
Pork roll, bro!! If they don't have pork roll, Andy ain't going!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »

I hate IHOP (fuk'n commie yuppie hangout with way overpriced food which is mostly not that good) but I had Denny's breakfast in San Antonio a few months back.
Nothing wrong with Denny's, as long as you don't mind the sometimes sketchy clientele.
That would be Waffle House with the scary clientele regardless of the time of day.   And goes for their help, too.
I may have to try it too, if only I stayed long enough for breakfast
Maybe next year, assuming Nacho doesn't need to be baptized or something.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »

Morning Dave, Dave and Bean, the early riser crew!
ditto.
it's golf day, maintenance is going to fix my roof and ceiling, and I have an Oliva G torp and coffee going.
Fore! Morning, Dean.
have you gotten out to hit that new driver yet Dave?
Been out a whopping 2 times this year so far. Doesn't sound like much, but it's an ∞% increase over last year when I didn't go at all, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 08:39:33 AM »

Don't know if there are any Waffle Houses in Yankeeland, but I agree.  Do have a nostalgic need to visit the one in Clemson on visits however.
Definitely don't have any north of the Mason/Dixon line, but it's a must visit when heading to the dirty south.
Especially coming from a clean city such as Cleveland. :o
Are you gonna make a burning river joke next? We may need you to download the updated insults codec pack 2.016.

The Cavs just won and already there is a new codec pack? Sheesh, you don't waste any time.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2016, 08:40:45 AM »

Although I've never been, there seem to be many better choices to go with. Perhaps I'm influenced by their reputation. We always do a Taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich in the car on our way to CF. Immediately followed by our first cigar of the day.
And don't put cheese on Fish's. He's watching his girlish figure.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:38 AM »

LMAO!

sfish

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »

At this point, I'll be just as surprised as you if I stay longer than 16 hours

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »

Don't know if there are any Waffle Houses in Yankeeland, but I agree.  Do have a nostalgic need to visit the one in Clemson on visits however.
Definitely don't have any north of the Mason/Dixon line, but it's a must visit when heading to the dirty south.
Are you gonna make a burning river joke next? We may need you to download the updated insults codec pack 2.016.

The Cavs just won and already there is a new codec pack? Sheesh, you don't waste any time.
We're lucky we got that much together. We mostly just wandered around for the first few days afterwards, not sure how to react.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »

We're lucky we got that much together. We mostly just wandered around for the first few days afterwards, not sure how to react.
It may be the start of something. Put on your seat belt.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »

Morning Mr. Mayor.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2016, 08:49:09 AM »

Ok, I take that back. Apparently, we have a bunch of them in Ohio. Had no idea.
I do believe it's in their franchise agreement that cigarette smoke hang in the air at all times.
Must be why I didn't know we had any, since you can't smoke in restaurants here anymore. Thought that would've shuttered them all.  ;D
No, that's why they have to add that special smoke scent throught the air handling system for ambiance.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »

It may be the start of something. Put on your seat belt.
Fingers crossed, just not too hard. It IS still Cleveland.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2016, 08:51:30 AM »

Well it is not like Tony ever got there in time for breakfast ::)

Morning Fish, late to work today.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »

Rite of passage.  Sausage, eggs and hashbrowns "Scattered, smothered, and covered"  Grits on the side.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2016, 08:53:06 AM »

And don't put cheese on Fish's. He's watching his girlish figure.
That is pretty damn funny
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16