CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: 8/10/2016  (Read 21011 times)

Threebean

Re: 8/10/2016
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:20 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Indeed.  And per Tony the media apparently ignored it.  Just unbelievable. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:26 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
Think you need to order a bigger cabinet for those files.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »

It's kinda what I do for a living so EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

So you gonna see what positions Disney/ESPN have open in October?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »

Maybe.

Threebean

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2016, 09:54:09 AM »

Looks like the "get rid of the Go.com" position has been filled, so no.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2016, 09:56:23 AM »

Looks like the "get rid of the Go.com" position has been filled, so no.
That definitely would have been my first order of business. My 2nd one is to tell you all to GFY!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »

I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Tough crowd, Tony.  8)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »

This is what it's really like to be on HGTV's 'Fixed Upper'

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
I thought it was going to be a negative piece. I'm happy it wasn't.
I forwarded it to my wife and the first thing she asked is if it was a negative piece.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
I forwarded it to my wife and the first thing she asked is if it was a negative piece.
I would never call Joanna a negative piece.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »

Tough crowd, Tony.  8)
It got Fish to post more than once today. So there's that.

sfish

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2016, 10:03:45 AM »

Tough crowd, Tony.  8)
Oh please!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »

I would never call Joanna a negative piece.
Agreed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Summertime
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2016, 10:05:10 AM »

Tough crowd, Tony.  8)
It got Fish to post more than once today. So there's that.
Always consider that a win.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16