« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:20 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Indeed.  And per Tony the media apparently ignored it.  Just unbelievable.

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:26 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
Think you need to order a bigger cabinet for those files.

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
It's kinda what I do for a living so EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
It's kinda what I do for a living so EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!
So you gonna see what positions Disney/ESPN have open in October?

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
It's kinda what I do for a living so EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!
So you gonna see what positions Disney/ESPN have open in October?
Maybe.

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2016, 09:54:09 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Great, I'll place that in my "who gives a fuck" file
It's kinda what I do for a living so EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!
So you gonna see what positions Disney/ESPN have open in October?
Looks like the "get rid of the Go.com" position has been filled, so no.

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2016, 09:56:23 AM »

[...]
That definitely would have been my first order of business. My 2nd one is to tell you all to GFY!

« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Tough crowd, Tony.  8)

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »

This is what it's really like to be on HGTV's 'Fixed Upper'

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
I thought it was going to be a negative piece. I'm happy it wasn't.
I forwarded it to my wife and the first thing she asked is if it was a negative piece.

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2016, 10:01:24 AM »

This is what it's really like to be on HGTV's 'Fixed Upper'

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
I thought it was going to be a negative piece. I'm happy it wasn't.
I forwarded it to my wife and the first thing she asked is if it was a negative piece.
I would never call Joanna a negative piece.

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Tough crowd, Tony.  8)
It got Fish to post more than once today. So there's that.

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2016, 10:03:45 AM »

Not to change the subject but did anyone notice, ESPN’s website, which had been hosted at espn.go.com since forever, is finally now at espn.com?
Never knew what that meant.  I would type ESPN and it would go to the right place....know it said ESPNgo, but meant nothing to me.  I didn't notice that it now says just ESPN.
Go.com was acquired by Disney about 20 years ago. They used it as a portal to all their sites; Disney.com, ABC.com, ESPN, etc. For some reason ESPN kept it even after their other sites abandoned it. I happened to notice this morning that it changed. Hadn't heard about it in the media so I thought I'd ask here.
Damn, that's an exciting development, thanks so much for the back story.
I'm sure it sent shock waves through the IT community that we can't possibly imagine
Tough crowd, Tony.  8)
Oh please!

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »

This is what it's really like to be on HGTV's 'Fixed Upper'

Chip and Joanna renovated photographer Rachel Whyte's home—and she's giving us all the behind-the-scenes details.

http://www.chron.com/life/style/home-design/article/This-is-what-it-s-really-like-to-be-on-HGTV-s-9133600.php

Edit:   **** Note: I have not read this myself because I don't give a rat's azz about Goofy Chip and Joanna.
I thought it was going to be a negative piece. I'm happy it wasn't.
I forwarded it to my wife and the first thing she asked is if it was a negative piece.
I would never call Joanna a negative piece.
Agreed.

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2016, 10:05:10 AM »

[...]
Always consider that a win.